Chinese Carbon MTB > 29+ & 27+

TanTan FM08

(1/5) > >>

supermoto65:
Hello,

This will be my first ever build thread.

I ordered the FM08 - http://www.tantancycling.com/index.php?_m=mod_product&_a=view&p_id=681 through @sissypants in a 29 version with standard matte UD finish. I have to thank him for putting up with all my questions ... this was the first time I've ever ordered anything direct from China without going through ebay or amazon.

I will update this thread as progress is made.

Here is the latest tracking update ...

Can't wait to get it here and start the build!

supermoto65:
Arghhh .. still stuck in customs.

sclyde2:
Hi Supermoto, I am intrigued by this frame, but am a bit hesitant to pull the trigger, as the BB might be a bit high.  I am interested to know what shock options fit.

When you get the frame, could you do me a favour, and check the minimum eye to eye between the shock mounts when bottomed out.  I suppose it would bottom out when the rear tyre hits the frame, so this measurement would need the rear tyre installed, but before the shock is installed.  I understand there are 2 shock positions with the flip chip - I'd need to know which position the flip chip was in when the measurement was done.  I'd really appreciate it if you could do this.

supermoto65:
Hey sclyde2,

Sure thing! Did you see the specs? It lists 3 shocks 200x50 210x47.5 which both get you 136mm of travel and 210x55 for 152 mm (the option I am building). Also .. your measurement will vary depending on tire size ...

I got the 29 version of the frame but I'm not sure of the difference between that and the 27.5. I wanted 27.5 but I am impatient and they did not have that version in stock. I am going to try my 27.5 wheelset anyway and see if it fits. I have 2.6 WT Minions on it. My 29 wheels have 2.25 Rekons. I will measure with both for you if it helps.

Just checked EMS and wooohooo!

supermoto65:
And it begins!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version