Chinese Carbon MTB > 29+ & 27+

Light Carbon FS713 build planning

(1/11) > >>

FlyingDodo:
Hi everyone,

I've been reading alot about chinese based builds in the last couple of weeks and started to put together a project based on the Light Carbon FS713. I have to mention that I have no experience with bike building so far and would appreciate very much if someone could give me feedback on the composition of chosen components (compability). It should be an AM bike fit for almost every purpose, although I have to mention that I'm not the kind of guy who takes his bike with a cable car to the top of a hill to ride it down only.

Also I haven't found any reference project based on this frame. Is it just because the frame seems to be quite new or is there any other reason I should consider?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_fOXEu374cEQXW3wKCjhjwTt_zA7Z2xqT_xqJa11eE0/edit?usp=sharing

Many thanks in advance for feedback.

ChinaCruz:
I don't see any incompatibility problems with those components except I am unsure about the headset.

If you plan to do heavy technical riding, I think you would appreciate the function of a heavier duty shock. Something with a reservoir like a DPX2.

Do you like DT suspension?

FlyingDodo:
Thanks for checking. Need to check the headset again.
Regarding the shock. I think I am not there yet for the really heavy technical stuff. To be honsest I personally dont have much experience with the DT Swiss R 535. Mainly two reasons I've chosen it. 1) My reference bike has the same and 2) it fits the design (frame black matt with glossy cyan blue decals). I just received the drawing from the designer (attached).

emu26:
Flying Dodo on a bike called Paddling Rabbit?  Is that a spell check issue and should be Peddling, in which case I think it should be Pedalling if you mean what we do with the pedals of a bike.

Otherwise I like the colours.

ChinaCruz:
Ok but you can get blue decals for most forks. Might want to check out the Bike Radar fork review. I just don't want you to spend that much money when you can get good fork for half that.

As well as the Manitou Mcleod for the rear shock.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version