Author Topic: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets  (Read 69043 times)

GiantRider

Re: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets
« Reply #720 on: Today at 12:50:15 PM »
i used to use a battery pack thinking it was charging, it wasn't really. I've been using a wall socket, works much better. I wouldn't charge less than once a week though, the battery doesn't last that long (I did use $hit batteries, to be fair, i tested their capacity at 320-380mah each).
Thanks for this.  I ended up getting these:  EBL14500 3.7V 800mAh Li-Ion Rechargeable Batteries from walmart.com. So far so good!

GiantRider

« Reply #721 on: Today at 12:57:14 PM »
Issues with 12 speed cassettes.  I am having a problem getting it to shift into the last 11 tooth cog on two different wheelsets.  I have backed off the limit screw so much that it has over-shifted on the outboard side so I don't think the limit screw is the problem.  It will actually shift to the 11 and then about 2 seconds later it shifts back up to the 12.  if i hold the button down, it will stay in the 11 but as soon as I release the shift button, it shifts back to the 12.  I did replace the wonky looking narrow/wide type pulley with one from a 6800 ultegra derailleur I had laying around.  That helped shifting all over but the 11 cog is a mystery.  When I use an 11 speed wheel and change it to 11 speed in the settings, it has no issue shifting the entire range.

amacal1

« Reply #722 on: Today at 01:30:44 PM »
Issues with 12 speed cassettes.  I am having a problem getting it to shift into the last 11 tooth cog on two different wheelsets.  I have backed off the limit screw so much that it has over-shifted on the outboard side so I don't think the limit screw is the problem.  It will actually shift to the 11 and then about 2 seconds later it shifts back up to the 12.  if i hold the button down, it will stay in the 11 but as soon as I release the shift button, it shifts back to the 12.  I did replace the wonky looking narrow/wide type pulley with one from a 6800 ultegra derailleur I had laying around.  That helped shifting all over but the 11 cog is a mystery.  When I use an 11 speed wheel and change it to 11 speed in the settings, it has no issue shifting the entire range.

Which front chainring are you in while you're attempting this? Is it, perhaps, trying to prevent cross-chaining and shifting to the same ratio but with a different front chainring?

I believe I read a post where someone was pulling their hair out over their Wheeltop electronic derailleur doing something like this before realizing it was a feature not a bug.

jonathanf2

« Reply #723 on: Today at 02:02:45 PM »

I'm running a 12 speed cassette with no issues. Check your lower limit screw and also try fine tuning in the app. I have my ER9 tuned using gear protection and optimal shifting for climbing in my small chainring. Though I can shift big/big and small/small no issue.

Also check that your derailleur hanger is aligned properly and that your cassette is seated properly in the freehub. I've noticed 12 speed is a bit more finicky so any little thing out of adjustment can affect shifting.

Worst case scenario is reset all settings using the app and start fresh. Make sure to double check if your RD is properly screwed into the derailleur hanger. Good luck!