Other Resources > Component Deals & Selection

novatec hubs from iplay

<< < (2/2)

final forum:
1. My bearings look good and feel good.
2. My brothers arches from Stans do weight more which is why we bike swapped to test rolling resistance.
3. I do think I have a small amount of rotor rub after just replacing my pads. I will have to do a truing and a adjustment.
4. Thanks for the help just making sure novatec isn't terrible and if so replace if needed. I hve read that some china prebuilt wheels novatecs come with terrible cheaper bearings then the ones they make direct.

Carbon_Dude:
My DT Swiss 240 rear wheel spins much longer and smoother than any other wheel I've ever had.  Guess that's why they cost a bit more than other hubs.  I need to post a video of just how much longer the DT Swiss wheels spins compared to the Chiner Carbon wheels I have on my other bike.

tasty.dirt74:

Funny i should come across this!

I have a set of 29er wheels built by them with the novatec hubs too. I have pulled them apart to put fresh grease, etc in them a few times, and this time, the hubs were 'notchy".. the bearings were worn out.

When I pulled it apart this time, it became quite apparent that the freehub had cracked under the pawls in the same spot. 3 cracks and its curtains for that freehub!

I found a replacement on eBay made of steel. Extra strong, this one! http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/271623664681?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

They are a good hub for the price.. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version