Author Topic: Chinese Santa Cruz/AM831  (Read 97490 times)

elgaucher

Re: Chinese Santa Cruz/AM831
« Reply #420 on: May 17, 2021, 06:24:01 AM »
Everything so far says no on the coil shock.  Also, no confirmation on whether medium and larger frames have any interference with the fork adjuster knob and the frame.

I'm getting a small and putting a 9point8 SlackR on it , it should avoid any contact to the frame and bring back the HTA to a 64ish , what I'm used to.

https://www.9point8.ca/index.php?route=product/product&path=124&product_id=261

Not cheap but I prefer this than the reverse component crown since it's slacken more.

Also, I know the frame is in production as of right now but has anyone has an E.T.A on when we should see frame popping up at people doorstep ?

cheers !

scourge

« Reply #421 on: May 18, 2021, 02:47:52 PM »
I'm starting to collect parts now. I figure I may as well try a cheap set of Chinese cranks. Anyone know if this one will work? Anyone have any better suggestions?

US $14.03  46%OFF | Crank Set IXF 104 BCD CNC Bicycle Part With BB MTB / Road Without Tralight Bike Accessories Mountain Bike Crankset Crank Arms
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mPixldJ

jabbajaw99

« Reply #422 on: May 18, 2021, 03:51:20 PM »
I'm starting to collect parts now. I figure I may as well try a cheap set of Chinese cranks. Anyone know if this one will work? Anyone have any better suggestions?

US $14.03  46%OFF | Crank Set IXF 104 BCD CNC Bicycle Part With BB MTB / Road Without Tralight Bike Accessories Mountain Bike Crankset Crank Arms
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mPixldJ
Reviewed many times on the tube. Trybo is probably the most thorough. He has reviewed other aliexpress parts if interested.

scourge

« Reply #423 on: May 18, 2021, 04:42:27 PM »
This will be my first build. Any reason these cranks won't work?

elgaucher

« Reply #424 on: May 19, 2021, 09:39:36 AM »
This will be my first build. Any reason these cranks won't work?

They will work but the bottom bracket coming with it might not , we’re still not sure if it’s bsa or bb92 yet I think, information is not clear...

scourge

« Reply #425 on: May 19, 2021, 12:05:29 PM »
Do you mean the bottom bracket from Haideli may not work with these cranks? Or do you mean the bottom bracket that comes with these cranks may not work with the frame?

I was gonna use these cranks and the bottom bracket Eddie sends. Won't it already he in the frame?

elgaucher

« Reply #426 on: May 19, 2021, 01:37:40 PM »
Do you mean the bottom bracket from Haideli may not work with these cranks? Or do you mean the bottom bracket that comes with these cranks may not work with the frame?

I was gonna use these cranks and the bottom bracket Eddie sends. Won't it already he in the frame?

I've read every post that Eddy-Haideli posted here and he confirmed the bb included is a BB92.

Here's the thing , is it a BB92 for shimano crank (24mm cranks like the one you want to buy), bb92 dub ? (for newer sram crank) or bb92 30mm for raceface and other.

My guess is that the BB92 provided is for 24mm sprindle diameter since it's pretty much 99% of crank available on AliExpress so to answer your question .

yes those cranks will work with the frame and also will work with the frame provided BB.

Only thing I would do is order a metal shimano crank bolt as the provided plastic one is crap and I broke so many of those

thanks

scourge

« Reply #427 on: May 19, 2021, 02:42:24 PM »
Someone said that same think in one of the YouTube comment sections. He said search m19 crank to find the alloy bolts on AliExpress. Thanks for your help.

Jotegr

« Reply #428 on: May 20, 2021, 08:17:27 AM »

Only thing I would do is order a metal shimano crank bolt as the provided plastic one is crap and I broke so many of those

They're plastic because they're only supposed to be torqued to "thumb tight". if you are breaking them you aren't following torque specs.

elgaucher

« Reply #429 on: May 20, 2021, 02:25:55 PM »
They're plastic because they're only supposed to be torqued to "thumb tight". if you are breaking them you aren't following torque specs.

The one I had broke while torquing the pinch bolt on the side and not on torquing them by thumb.

eastcoastbumps

« Reply #430 on: June 04, 2021, 10:07:59 AM »
I ordered my frame from Eddy at Haideli on Wednesday.  $720 shipped and painted and its expected to ship by the end of the month.

Very excited to build this bike!

Gigelz

« Reply #431 on: July 27, 2021, 01:34:07 PM »
€ 880,05 | 2022 neue 29er Full suspension bike rahmen FS831 nur rahmen AM Rahmen Reise 150mm gabel reise 160mm carbon berg mtb bike rahmen
https://a.aliexpress.com/_uiOuoD

Jotegr

« Reply #432 on: July 27, 2021, 04:17:05 PM »
Eh, I don't trust that fully. Go pay on there and you'll probably get a message along the lines of "your frame is ready next week. please allow some days for finishing production as this is new model".

I got a message July 14 saying my small would be ready in a week and they'd message me when. Lol.

Also, ouch that price.

RobertRinAustin

« Reply #433 on: July 27, 2021, 09:09:34 PM »
Eh, I don't trust that fully. Go pay on there and you'll probably get a message along the lines of "your frame is ready next week. please allow some days for finishing production as this is new model".

I got a message July 14 saying my small would be ready in a week and they'd message me when. Lol.

Also, ouch that price.
My assumption based on conversations I've had with different sellers when working on the group buy is that all these frames that match the 831 are coming from the same factory. I expect them to all start shipping about the same time.  Hopefully that will be soon.

darius72

« Reply #434 on: July 28, 2021, 03:30:27 AM »
Jotegr, they messaged you two weeks ago saying the frame will be ready in one week  :o   any update?