Author Topic: Syncros Fraser iC SL / Scott Spark 900 handelbar 90$ instead of 399$  (Read 10389 times)

Colt__Seavers

I just did the installation test to a laying around fork.
the seat is pretty snug, but with pushing and turning the bar at ones, you can travel it down the steerer. Applied 5Nm with no problem. At the beginning of tightening there was a short noise which could have been a cracking noise, but I think it was a setting noise of the round metal inserts had to align with the screws. No cracks or abnormality visible after deinstallation.
What I could see was the milled steerer hole is not 100% round, so you have areas where the steerer rubs and others where there seems to be a very minor gap. You can't see the gap so when bar in installed. I turned the steerer inside the handlebar a couple of times to produce some rubbing marks. I will grind these visible rubbing areas a little with 400 grid sandpaper to have a better alignment between handlebar and steerer. Maybe this will also be fixed by applying carbon paste.

Weighted one of the screws compared to a A2 I had laying around screw and what I can tell is, screws are steel and not titanium. Will contact the seller and ask to send me titanium screws or comopensate for them.

Pictures are following. Haven't found a method to upload more than six pictures with high resolution (>512K size).

Interesting! Why dont you upload them to google drive/ one drive/ imgur and share the folder they're in?
I did ones share a Google folder on the internet. Still getting inquiries of strangers, although the folder is long gone. I'll figure something out this evening.

Colt__Seavers

I just did the installation test to a laying around fork.
the seat is pretty snug, but with pushing and turning the bar at ones, you can travel it down the steerer. Applied 5Nm with no problem. At the beginning of tightening there was a short noise which could have been a cracking noise, but I think it was a setting noise of the round metal inserts had to align with the screws. No cracks or abnormality visible after deinstallation.
What I could see was the milled steerer hole is not 100% round, so you have areas where the steerer rubs and others where there seems to be a very minor gap. You can't see the gap so when bar in installed. I turned the steerer inside the handlebar a couple of times to produce some rubbing marks. I will grind these visible rubbing areas a little with 400 grid sandpaper to have a better alignment between handlebar and steerer. Maybe this will also be fixed by applying carbon paste.

Weighted one of the screws compared to a A2 I had laying around screw and what I can tell is, screws are steel and not titanium. Will contact the seller and ask to send me titanium screws or comopensate for them.

Pictures are following. Haven't found a method to upload more than six pictures with high resolution (>512K size).

Interesting! Why dont you upload them to google drive/ one drive/ imgur and share the folder they're in?
I did ones share a Google folder on the internet. Still getting entry inquiries of strangers, although the folder is long gone. I'll figure something out this evening.

theirishrider

Maybe try, 'share with anyone with the link', the link should expire if the folder is deleted.

Colt__Seavers

Maybe try, 'share with anyone with the link', the link should expire if the folder is deleted.
Hackers, might find a way into my other private folders through that link. Don't want to risk it.
I'll either upload the photos to and IMG sharing platform or will downsize them to 500K. Second one might last longer here in the forum. IMG sharing platform tend to delete pictures too quickly

Colt__Seavers

rubbing marks after installation and various rotataions around the steerer

tried to copy the pictures from r2 bike of 70mm stem, to give possibility to compare. https://r2-bike.com/SYNCROS-Vorbau-Lenker-Einheit-Fraser-iC-SL

a little sharp around the inner edges. will also grind that off a little

here is A2 screw for weight comparison

here the original weight at r2-bike (70mm stem)

carbonazza

Ooops... so you know r2-bike weight their things  ;)
I look forward to know the stem length I need to order
Thank you for all the details !

Colt__Seavers

Ooops... so you know r2-bike weight their things  ;)
I look forward to know the stem length I need to order
Thank you for all the details !

Sure thingy.

Right now I'm thinking about sand the black paint off that bar to have the carbon visible. But unfortunately I will sand off the pre sand covered regions where the levers go. Not really necessary to have that though, I could just use carbon paste. But I fear I have to sand off like 0.1mm or so and grips and levers won't fit like a charm anymore.

zilcho

Hey Colt,

Can you link the model you ordered?  I didn't see any that came with the shaped spacers.  Also, the clone I ordered did not come with any markings on the bar for stem length, torque spec, or width cut guides.  Possibly because I requested matte black with no logo?

Thanks

Colt__Seavers

Hey Colt,

Can you link the model you ordered?  I didn't see any that came with the shaped spacers.  Also, the clone I ordered did not come with any markings on the bar for stem length, torque spec, or width cut guides.  Possibly because I requested matte black with no logo?

Thanks

Maybe. Sell it on eBay and get this one, which I ordered:
https://a.aliexpress.com/_dWvqwgV
Look at the appendix  that shows the one I've chosen.
Everything like spacers included. Also Garmin mount which I haven't shown yet.

Ask for DHL shipping

Vipassana

Colt__Seavers, you're finding all the cool Chinese components.  I might add these to my build.  Though I am partial to using the stem as an accent color piece.

Colt__Seavers

Colt__Seavers, you're finding all the cool Chinese components.  I might add these to my build.  Though I am partial to using the stem as an accent color piece.
Yeah until I found this piece of a bargain I also wanted to get my stem painted. Now I'm thinking of either sanding this handlebar or painting it the same color like the frame.

eastcoastbumps

Re: Syncros Fraser iC SL / Scott Spark 900 handelbar 90$ instead of 399$
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2020, 09:37:48 PM »
Any suggestions on how to determine the best size?

carbonazza

« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2020, 04:50:39 PM »
Anyone tried this model ?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000548432340.html

It is a kind of copy of the much(crazy(insanely)) more expensive Gemini handlebar.

Le Duke

« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2020, 11:08:12 AM »
What is the stack height on these?

Le Duke

« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2020, 06:43:55 PM »
I ended up order one in 80mm, -25, 740mm.

Kind of perplexed by the appearance. Does not really resemble the "Nino" handlebar. Much more curvaceous, for lack of a better word, instead of the more angular appearance that his handlebar has. The other, cheaper versions of this bar actually bear a closer resemblance to the Syncros bar, with the main difference being the barrel nuts used on this one and the cheaper version using nuts molded into the stem/bar.

I'm wondering if the -17 degree option bears more of a likeness to the original version.

Also, I could not get my right side shifter (Gripshift) onto the handlebar. I'm asking the seller to resolve it; we'll see what happens.