Author Topic: Relax Geometry Frame  (Read 1120 times)

gdtmike

Relax Geometry Frame
« on: August 02, 2020, 12:34:02 PM »
Hello could someone please recommend a relax geometry frame like the Canyon Endurace CF SLX? I am trying to build out a bike that I can ride comfortably for longer periods at a time. Appreciate any input. Thank you!

chadrandom

Re: Relax Geometry Frame
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2020, 05:16:05 PM »
I'm looking for the same thing.  Seemingly, the best option I've found so far is either the Carbonda 696 or 1056.  The 1056 geometry is actually slightly more relaxed from a stack/reach perspective, however Adam told me that it was made to be a "faster" bike than the 696.  Usually, "faster" means "more aggressive", so I'm not sure how to interpret that.

In any case, I'm also very much looking for a relaxed geometry frame.  The best option may be to have a custom frame made from one of the metal manufacturers, though that is a bigger project than simply buying a carbon frame.

carbonazza

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2020, 05:57:15 PM »
Did you both, check the CFR505? From Carbonda too?
It is a versatile frame, less typed gravel than the 696.
Put a road wheelset and you have an endurance road bike.
I ride an Ultimate CF-SLX for the road, and the 505 for both gravel or very long rides.

chadrandom

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2020, 12:10:22 AM »
Did you both, check the CFR505? From Carbonda too?
It is a versatile frame, less typed gravel than the 696.
Put a road wheelset and you have an endurance road bike.
I ride an Ultimate CF-SLX for the road, and the 505 for both gravel or very long rides.

The Carbonda 505 has a stack-to-reach ratio of 1.53. This is very similar to my 2016 Raleigh RXC disc, which is too aggressive for me on long rides. I'm hoping to find something closer to 1.6. My current leading candidate is a Lynskey Backroad, although it's price prohibitive. I may end up asking one of the Chinese titanium manufacturers to replicate the geometry as a cheaper option.

gdtmike

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2020, 04:36:45 PM »
Appreciate the feedback gentlemen. chadrandom if you find the frame we are both looking for please let me know. Thank you!