Author Topic: Carbonda Cfr 1056  (Read 90672 times)

jstrawks

Re: Carbonda Cfr 1056
« Reply #180 on: August 14, 2021, 12:15:12 PM »
Can you tell me what this plug is? It's been driving me crazy for weeks.

svanimpe

« Reply #181 on: August 14, 2021, 02:33:19 PM »
I believe it's used for routing Di2 cables, although I'm not exactly sure how the routing goes, as I never use Di2 (such a mess of cables) :D

jstrawks

« Reply #182 on: August 14, 2021, 03:32:05 PM »
I believe it's used for routing Di2 cables, although I'm not exactly sure how the routing goes, as I never use Di2 (such a mess of cables) :D

The Di2 cables route through the rectangular plate on top of the downtube, as I understand it. The frame comes with a plate with the openings for the cables, and a blank plate for non-Di2 applications. Can you confirm, Aesch?

Aesch

« Reply #183 on: August 14, 2021, 03:51:17 PM »
Yes, it does. I asked for some extra hardware so I have a plethora of plugs, plates, stops, covers and screws  :o

Build finished today, left to do is cut the steerer and tape the handlebar as soon as I've got the fit dialed in.

Remarks:
The bottom guide for the front derailleur is hard to fit with wires etc, I broke off a piece while pushing it back in. This is the only thing not quadruple in supply.

The rear axle screeched like a bat out of hell, this ended up being the screw-in-plate (or does it have an actual name?) on the cassette side. 1 min fix with one of the supplied extras.

A grx rear derailleur will NOT fit with the clutch in the on position. This interferes with the rear chain stay (I use one since I intend to run a 34 or even bigger cassette when riding with the kids in a trailer).

The paintwork is nice. Not perfect but really good to my eyes. The photos don't do the blue colour justice.

Aesch

« Reply #184 on: August 14, 2021, 03:51:48 PM »
Can you tell me what this plug is? It's been driving me crazy for weeks.

No idea...

jstrawks

« Reply #185 on: August 14, 2021, 04:13:09 PM »
No idea...

That's funny.

Now I'm worried about not buying all of the spares you bought. Did you specify and pay for every spare you wanted and received? I only bought an extra derailleur hanger and an extra seatpost clamp.

Michi

« Reply #186 on: August 15, 2021, 01:20:38 AM »
Remarks:
The bottom guide for the front derailleur is hard to fit with wires etc, I broke off a piece while pushing it back in. This is the only thing not quadruple in supply.

Speaking about the the bottom bracket guide and the FD: is there an aouter cable stop to operate a FD w/o integrated cable stop (like any SRAM derailleur)? I think this would be the only option if the cables run through the headset/steerer tube into the frame... thanks for any hint! I got myself an Ultegra derailleur as a backup but would like to stick with the SRAM Force hardware if possible...
I'm still waiting for my frame; it was hanging around two weeks at some airport waiting for a delayed flight :-/

Aesch

« Reply #187 on: August 15, 2021, 01:24:03 AM »
No I did not specify, I bought 2 extra derailleur hangers but I got 4. There will be a bag of spare parts, I'm not sure what is standard. Similar thing with my 696 gravelbike, I got a lot of spares from. Them.
if you have already ordered but it is not on its way yet you can just mail them to edit your order and add some specific parts. It is easy!

(and maybe if you're going to, would you be willing to add an extra bottom cable guide x2 for me? and forward them by the time they are here? I'll cover the cost)

Aesch

« Reply #188 on: August 15, 2021, 01:26:08 AM »
Speaking about the the bottom bracket guide and the FD: is there an aouter cable stop to operate a FD w/o integrated cable stop (like any SRAM derailleur)? I think this would be the only option if the cables run through the headset/steerer tube into the frame... thanks for any hint! I got myself an Ultegra derailleur as a backup but would like to stick with the SRAM Force hardware if possible...
I'm still waiting for my frame; it was hanging around two weeks at some airport waiting for a delayed flight :-/

Yes there is, the bottom.guide has a slot where the cable stops and where you can fit one of those long-rip stops before it routes upwards To the derailleur.

svanimpe

« Reply #189 on: August 15, 2021, 01:58:21 AM »
A grx rear derailleur will NOT fit with the clutch in the on position. This interferes with the rear chain stay (I use one since I intend to run a 34 or even bigger cassette when riding with the kids in a trailer).

Can you clarify this with a picture? I don't see how this can be a problem.

Also, here's a bike that has a similar top-tube hole for Di2 cables. Although that's pretty much the only bike I can think of that has it.

Michi

« Reply #190 on: August 15, 2021, 02:03:06 AM »
Yes there is, the bottom.guide has a slot where the cable stops and where you can fit one of those long-rip stops before it routes upwards To the derailleur.
Made my day... thanks!
Btw. I should have read this thread earlier. The only hardware I ordered additionally is a derailleur hanger. I think I'll wait and see what's in the box and ask Wing for some additional spare parts (seat clamp on the top of the list). They may send them by bicycle; hope I do not need them very soon...

Aesch

« Reply #191 on: August 15, 2021, 02:30:50 AM »
Can you clarify this with a picture? I don't see how this can be a problem.

Also, here's a bike that has a similar top-tube hole for Di2 cables. Although that's pretty much the only bike I can think of that has it.

Will do as soon as I get the chance. the problem is the lever of the clutch interferes with the chain stay so keeps the derailleur further down/towards the floor than it should be for the smallest cog.

Aesch

« Reply #192 on: August 15, 2021, 05:41:38 AM »
With and without clutch

jstrawks

« Reply #193 on: August 15, 2021, 07:19:37 AM »
No I did not specify, I bought 2 extra derailleur hangers but I got 4. There will be a bag of spare parts, I'm not sure what is standard. Similar thing with my 696 gravelbike, I got a lot of spares from. Them.
if you have already ordered but it is not on its way yet you can just mail them to edit your order and add some specific parts. It is easy!

(and maybe if you're going to, would you be willing to add an extra bottom cable guide x2 for me? and forward them by the time they are here? I'll cover the cost)

What you're telling me suggests a certain disconnect between the sales department and the shipping department. My salesperson was "Katie". The inclusion of spares was something I dealt with in specific terms. I asked for (and paid $5 for) an extra derailleur hanger. Likewise with an extra seat post clamp (which she forgot on the final invoice, and has promised to include free of charge). I don't know if being specific screwed up any hope for getting a grab-bag of spares, or not.

I'm not planning to use a front derailleur, and my rear mech will be SRAM AXS, so the only reason I'd have for removing the bottom plate would be to increase access when routing the rear brake hydraulic hose, though I suspect that won't be necessary.

My gut tells me that querying "Katie" about the contents of a bag of spares would be fruitless...or perhaps even counterproductive.

I don't have any issue with mentioning to her that I heard from someone else that the guides on the bottom bracket cover can be fragile and broke during installation, and that I would love to have a spare. We can see what happens.

While we're talking I have a couple of questions based upon your previous response. Do you think the SRAM 12-speed rear mech for a 10-36 cassette will conflict with the chainstay? And when you talk about the trouble you had with the rear thru-axle on the cassette side, do you mean on the cassette side of the bike (right) or the cassette side of the right chainstay (left)? Was the part you swapped part of the derailleur hanger assembly on the right chainstay, or something else?

My frame has to be painted so it's not likely that anything will be shipped for a while.

jstrawks

« Reply #194 on: August 15, 2021, 07:22:47 AM »
Made my day... thanks!
Btw. I should have read this thread earlier. The only hardware I ordered additionally is a derailleur hanger. I think I'll wait and see what's in the box and ask Wing for some additional spare parts (seat clamp on the top of the list). They may send them by bicycle; hope I do not need them very soon...

If you wait and see what's in the box and then ask, won't you be subject to additional shipping and Paypal fees?