Author Topic: Carbonda Cfr 1056  (Read 90635 times)

Aesch

Re: Carbonda Cfr 1056
« Reply #195 on: August 15, 2021, 07:40:30 AM »
What you're telling me suggests a certain disconnect between the sales department and the shipping department. My salesperson was "Katie". The inclusion of spares was something I dealt with in specific terms. I asked for (and paid $5 for) an extra derailleur hanger. Likewise with an extra seat post clamp (which she forgot on the final invoice, and has promised to include free of charge). I don't know if being specific screwed up any hope for getting a grab-bag of spares, or not.

I'm not planning to use a front derailleur, and my rear mech will be SRAM AXS, so the only reason I'd have for removing the bottom plate would be to increase access when routing the rear brake hydraulic hose, though I suspect that won't be necessary.

My gut tells me that querying "Katie" about the contents of a bag of spares would be fruitless...or perhaps even counterproductive.

I don't have any issue with mentioning to her that I heard from someone else that the guides on the bottom bracket cover can be fragile and broke during installation, and that I would love to have a spare. We can see what happens.

While we're talking I have a couple of questions based upon your previous response. Do you think the SRAM 12-speed rear mech for a 10-36 cassette will conflict with the chainstay? And when you talk about the trouble you had with the rear thru-axle on the cassette side, do you mean on the cassette side of the bike (right) or the cassette side of the right chainstay (left)? Was the part you swapped part of the derailleur hanger assembly on the right chainstay, or something else?

My frame has to be painted so it's not likely that anything will be shipped for a while.

That works for me :)

I did not specify the exact spares, other than the derailleur hangers. As I've read previously with the 696 frame they have some sort of "spare parts bags" that are included and I got 2 of them. In both bags were 2 derailleur hangers, several plugs, screws, cover plates and the screw in bit where the thru axle goes In.

This is easy:
Green circle is the part. Blue arrow the screw which attaches it to the frame and the red arrow the tip of the axle. Just unscrew axle, undo screw, replace plate and vice versa with new plate.

As to the sram rear derailleur, don't know. If there are no particular handles it should fit I guess.

jstrawks

« Reply #196 on: August 15, 2021, 09:05:49 AM »
That works for me :)

I did not specify the exact spares, other than the derailleur hangers. As I've read previously with the 696 frame they have some sort of "spare parts bags" that are included and I got 2 of them. In both bags were 2 derailleur hangers, several plugs, screws, cover plates and the screw in bit where the thru axle goes In.

This is easy:
Green circle is the part. Blue arrow the screw which attaches it to the frame and the red arrow the tip of the axle. Just unscrew axle, undo screw, replace plate and vice versa with new plate.

As to the sram rear derailleur, don't know. If there are no particular handles it should fit I guess.

Thanks. To be clear, the green-circled part had to be replaced, and you had spares without requesting them?

Michi

« Reply #197 on: August 15, 2021, 09:06:16 AM »
If you wait and see what's in the box and then ask, won't you be subject to additional shipping and Paypal fees?
Sure, but as the frame is shipped (already 4 weeks ago) I have to pay anyway. As written: if only I would have foun this thread earlier...

Aesch

« Reply #198 on: August 15, 2021, 09:08:33 AM »
Thanks. To be clear, the green-circled part had to be replaced, and you had spares without requesting them?

I requested spares of everything but did not specify I also meant the seatclamp and bottom guide.
I got the same part as spares (2 each) with the previous frame I ordered without requesting them. Im pretty sure they add them to all frames.

svanimpe

« Reply #199 on: August 15, 2021, 03:59:40 PM »
With and without clutch

You may have attached the derailleur incorrectly? It should never get that close to the chainstay. My Ultegra RX should be almost identical to GRX and it's much further down, and also more outbound.

Aesch

« Reply #200 on: August 16, 2021, 03:32:04 AM »
It looks identical to my other bike with ultegra rear derailleur.
Could be wrong, maybe you can share a picture so I can compare?
Shifting is perfect. Maybe the B screw is different? That could explain the position difference I guess.

In the pics, the only difference I see is the angle in the derailleur hanger. And when compared to other frame pictures (from this topic and the dolan tuono it looks the same.)

One more thought is that I run an 11 28 cassette, it might be better with a 11 32 ish since that would need more B tension hence moving the derailleur downwards.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2021, 09:19:38 AM by Aesch »

jstrawks

« Reply #201 on: August 16, 2021, 01:08:59 PM »
The difference I see between those two photos is that on your bike, the hanger points to 7:00 and on the other bike the hanger points to 6:00.

failstone

« Reply #202 on: August 16, 2021, 01:17:47 PM »
I also ordered from Katie. I only asked for an extra derailleur hanger. So wondering what other spares come or if I should ask for extra?

I'm getting mine painted too, so not expecting shipping until mid-september at the earliest.

jstrawks

« Reply #203 on: August 16, 2021, 01:26:26 PM »
I don't want to get too excited, but today Katie told me that my painted frame will be delivered in 2-3 weeks. I'm expecting it to take longer than that.

failstone

« Reply #204 on: August 16, 2021, 01:47:13 PM »
I don't want to get too excited, but today Katie told me that my painted frame will be delivered in 2-3 weeks. I'm expecting it to take longer than that.

Amazing! When did you order?

svanimpe

« Reply #205 on: August 16, 2021, 03:17:50 PM »
Could be wrong, maybe you can share a picture so I can compare?
Shifting is perfect. Maybe the B screw is different? That could explain the position difference I guess.

My first guess would be to check how the derailleur is attached to the hanger. Did you use the bottom tab, as in this picture?

Aesch

« Reply #206 on: August 16, 2021, 03:23:18 PM »
My first guess would be to check how the derailleur is attached to the hanger. Did you use the bottom tab, as in this picture?

Will check when I get back home on sunday.

The derailleur 6 vs 7 o clock positioning is the shape of the derailleur itself so not something I can change.

jstrawks

« Reply #207 on: August 16, 2021, 04:54:03 PM »
Amazing! When did you order?

August 11.

Parkerross

« Reply #208 on: August 16, 2021, 06:01:02 PM »
I ordered on the 10th with Katie hopefully I get the same news shortly as well. I asked for 3 spare hangers and headsets I didn't think about seat clamp gonna have to ask for that as well. Thanks for the tip

jstrawks

« Reply #209 on: August 16, 2021, 06:18:38 PM »
I ordered on the 10th with Katie hopefully I get the same news shortly as well. I asked for 3 spare hangers and headsets I didn't think about seat clamp gonna have to ask for that as well. Thanks for the tip

I wasn't offered a delivery date. That was her response when I asked.