Author Topic: Carbonda Cfr 1056  (Read 90650 times)

svanimpe

Re: Carbonda Cfr 1056
« Reply #255 on: August 22, 2021, 03:00:48 AM »
How much did you tighten the BB guide? I've had frames with a similar issue, but it turned out I screwed the guide in too tight. At first glance I thought that the closer I get the guide to the frame, the more room the cables would have, but for some reason I don't yet understand, that was not the case.
I then tightened the BB guide only a tiny bit (hardly anything at all) and just relied on the cables to hold it in place, and everything ran smooth.

This was a different frame though, so this may not apply to the 1056.

jstrawks

« Reply #256 on: August 22, 2021, 07:08:18 AM »
I'm going to be glad I've decided to go with SRAM AXS, I can tell. It's also going to be easier when the brake lines are all I have to get through the bar, stem, headset, and head tube.

Parkerross

« Reply #257 on: August 22, 2021, 10:44:39 AM »
Just received an email my frame shipped.

Schumo

« Reply #258 on: August 22, 2021, 10:56:29 AM »
Have any of you used the carbonda wheelsets or ican?

I'm running ICAN Aero 55 Disc, and I love them. Weight is 1493g for my wheelset. And I think price-wise they're at the sweet spot.

Parkerross

« Reply #259 on: August 23, 2021, 02:20:28 AM »
I'm going to be glad I've decided to go with SRAM AXS, I can tell. It's also going to be easier when the brake lines are all I have to get through the bar, stem, headset, and head tube.

I'm going rival AXS... I hate dealing with cables. I wish my brakes wireless as well. I run XX1;AXS on my MTB I love it so much.

fattyrice

« Reply #260 on: August 23, 2021, 02:52:41 AM »
I'm going rival AXS... I hate dealing with cables. I wish my brakes wireless as well. I run XX1;AXS on my MTB I love it so much.

I will be going the Shimano 105 R7020 path as SRAM distributors are not easy to come by in my region. And Di2 is a little bit out of my budget, and the failures of Ultegra cranks worry me.

Please do update on your builds!

Michi

« Reply #261 on: August 24, 2021, 03:55:25 AM »
How much did you tighten the BB guide? I've had frames with a similar issue, but it turned out I screwed the guide in too tight.
This was a different frame though, so this may not apply to the 1056.

Different tightening would not change the situation here, I guess... because the guide is tightened from the outside. Well everything is in place now and works; I'm in contact with Wing for some more spares and part of the are two additional BB guides. Usually if I have spares in stock I do not face an issue. So those are my Voodoo dolls ...:-)
Btw. the bike is built up; different stem is ordered for better cable routing. Bottle cages I'll also change once I come across some decent ones...

carbonazza

« Reply #262 on: August 24, 2021, 08:26:32 AM »
I once asked Carbonda to include anti-noise foam tubes with my frame ...

Interesting. Do you have a picture of it ?
Wasn't it possible to put it through the BB or the headtube ?

jstrawks

« Reply #263 on: August 24, 2021, 08:31:56 AM »
Different tightening would not change the situation here, I guess... because the guide is tightened from the outside. Well everything is in place now and works; I'm in contact with Wing for some more spares and part of the are two additional BB guides. Usually if I have spares in stock I do not face an issue. So those are my Voodoo dolls ...:-)
Btw. the bike is built up; different stem is ordered for better cable routing. Bottle cages I'll also change once I come across some decent ones...

Very nice!

jstrawks

« Reply #264 on: August 24, 2021, 08:33:25 AM »
I've begun to keep close track of my build project. The yellow hasn't been ordered. The orange may not ever be ordered.

jstrawks

« Reply #265 on: August 24, 2021, 02:08:53 PM »

You know, I'm having a hard time recognizing that frame as a Carbonda CFR 1056.

What is this?:

« Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 02:15:15 PM by jstrawks »

Michi

« Reply #266 on: August 24, 2021, 11:35:51 PM »
You know, I'm having a hard time recognizing that frame as a Carbonda CFR 1056.

What is this?:

I asked myself the same question :-) and afterwards also asked Wing. She replied that there are different batches of the CFR1056, and by mistake I received one with this specific "shape". I guess it is a variant intended for an bicycle OEM... Everything else islike shown on the drawings.

jstrawks

« Reply #267 on: August 25, 2021, 01:38:49 PM »
I asked myself the same question :-) and afterwards also asked Wing. She replied that there are different batches of the CFR1056, and by mistake I received one with this specific "shape". I guess it is a variant intended for an bicycle OEM... Everything else islike shown on the drawings.

If I get a frame like that, there will be a problem, especially as I ordered paint. They'll have to replace the frame and if they want the bad one back, they arrange to pay the return shipping, and pick up from my house.

Schumo

« Reply #268 on: August 25, 2021, 04:48:20 PM »
If I get a frame like that, there will be a problem, especially as I ordered paint. They'll have to replace the frame and if they want the bad one back, they arrange to pay the return shipping, and pick up from my house.

Good luck lol

jstrawks

« Reply #269 on: August 25, 2021, 05:25:23 PM »
Good luck lol

I've already emailed them and asked them not to ship a frame with that "feature".