Author Topic: Carbonda Cfr 1056  (Read 90693 times)

cme

Re: Carbonda Cfr 1056
« Reply #330 on: September 12, 2021, 06:20:15 PM »
Do the FSA and carbonda spacers play nice together?
They do fit together, but the seams run in different places. So you could assemble them a bit like Legos. :)

Parkerross

« Reply #331 on: September 14, 2021, 04:41:49 PM »
I thought i'd bump this question. I'm curious about this as well. I'm wondering if a 650bx42 would fit. I'm trying to find a set of 650b's so I can test but they aren't so cheap and I havent sourced any used ones locally. Has anyone tried?

If anyone else was curious like I was 650b max will be like 40.

I lucked out and grabbed a 650b off craigslist for 50 bucks today. I only had a tube and 2.1 tire. So I decided the tube should give me an idea. I have a set of ReneHerse pumpkin ridge endurance casing on order so once those arrive I'm hoping they fit. Cause all reviews say they run small. And then if they fit I'll order some nicer 650b's. I live in dry weather so I think it will work for me in our dust but if you run mud I would stick to 700c

Parkerross

« Reply #332 on: September 14, 2021, 04:44:20 PM »
Photos wouldn't post in my previous post

fedepres

« Reply #333 on: September 20, 2021, 01:41:27 AM »
Hello, I am thinking of ordering this frame (Carbonda 1056) to replace a crashed Vitus Venon CRI.
I want to recover their parts (Shimano 105 R7000 groupset) and fit in the new frame.

Any advice or suggestions before ordering?

One question, I have shimano RS770 wheels with 160 diameter rotors. Can anyone confirm me that 160 rotors are suitable for back axle?
Thanks in advance

Aesch

« Reply #334 on: September 20, 2021, 02:54:02 AM »
Hi, yes 160mm fits with adapter.

Advice: read the whole topic and note all the issues, remarks, tips in there. If you build yourself it is useful to have, if you'll ask a shop it might be useful for them.

If you have mechanical brakes the ztto hydro-mech brakes are ok, the juin tech apparently are really good(no experience myself). Do use compressionless housing, and consider external routing because they are hard to route internal.

Some tips:
Decide if you want internal routing or external to figure out which fork.
Do you want it painted? Go check what you like and pantone colours.
Headset is choice between Carbonda or FSA. The latter is slightly nicer, especially the expander works better.
Thru axles from Carbonda are OK (they used to be a bit soft, the newer ones are much better), there are better options on the market at a cost (120usd vs 25 usd for a set of fr+re).
Ask for/order extra spare parts. Specifically seat tube clamp and bottom frame guide for front derailleur cable.

jstrawks

« Reply #335 on: September 20, 2021, 07:41:16 AM »
Disk brake compatibility has nothing to do with a bike's frame. You either have brake calipers made for 160mm rotors, or you'll need an adapter for the caliper to use a 160mm rotor. The mount points on the frame are exactly the same for calipers designed for 160mm rotors and for calipers designed for 140mm rotors. An adapter simply tilts the caliper, creating 10mm more space for the larger rotor's radius. If you have calipers for 160mm rotors and 160mm rotors, in almost all cases, you'll be fine.

jstrawks

« Reply #336 on: September 20, 2021, 07:46:36 AM »
Hi, yes 160mm fits with adapter.

You probably don't need an adapter. (see my post above)

Do you want it painted? Go check what you like and pantone colours.

RAL colors, not Pantone. https://www.ralcolor.com/

Headset is choice between Carbonda or FSA. The latter is slightly nicer, especially the expander works better.

Carbonda can provide you with a headset that's a kind of copy of an FSA ACR headset, not a real FSA headset. I recommend a real FSA if you can budget for one from an outside vendor.

Aesch

« Reply #337 on: September 20, 2021, 08:55:09 AM »
fitting a shimano caliper does require the supplied mount/adapter, that's the reason the caliper comes with one (the so called 'Flat-Mount adapter 140mm/160mm'). You can turn it to fit 140 or 160mm.

When I ordered, pantone colour was the colour system to choose from (explicitly not RAL) or from their own colour palette.
This might have changed to be both but to say 'RAL colors, not Pantone. https://www.ralcolor.com/' is not correct. If they offer RAL now it's easier for sure. Any one of the sales people will be able to tell you what the latest options are.

Aesch

« Reply #338 on: September 20, 2021, 09:01:36 AM »
Oh and completely agree to go for FSA headset if budget allows.

Parkerross

« Reply #339 on: September 20, 2021, 11:16:05 AM »
My 1056 is starting to come together. I also added a MTB chainstay protector I had laying around. This is 650b with 42c rene herse pumpkin ridge tires they measure to 40mm (I have about 2.5-3mm on each side of the tire of clearance) on a 21mm internal wide rim. I'm planning to run the 650b for gravel and 32s or 35s on 700 for mostly tarmac rides probably either gravel king slicks or rene herse bon jon or stampede pass. I ended up snagging a deal on some DT swiss carbon rims ERC1400 in front and HGC1400 in rear instead of going china direct.

Also if ordering the 1056 ask for extra headset spacers the fact they only provide 2 is so dumb. Luckily I found some FSA ones at a shop currently enroute to me.

jstrawks

« Reply #340 on: September 20, 2021, 01:58:48 PM »
fitting a shimano caliper does require the supplied mount/adapter, that's the reason the caliper comes with one (the so called 'Flat-Mount adapter 140mm/160mm'). You can turn it to fit 140 or 160mm.

When I ordered, pantone colour was the colour system to choose from (explicitly not RAL) or from their own colour palette.
This might have changed to be both but to say 'RAL colors, not Pantone. https://www.ralcolor.com/' is not correct. If they offer RAL now it's easier for sure. Any one of the sales people will be able to tell you what the latest options are.

I stand corrected with regard to Shimano calipers. Thanks for educating me!

Funny about the colors. I was pointed specifically to RAL colors. The link I posted is where Carbonda sent me.

jstrawks

« Reply #341 on: September 20, 2021, 02:01:04 PM »
My 1056 is starting to come together. I also added a MTB chainstay protector I had laying around. This is 650b with 42c rene herse pumpkin ridge tires they measure to 40mm (I have about 2.5-3mm on each side of the tire of clearance) on a 21mm internal wide rim. I'm planning to run the 650b for gravel and 32s or 35s on 700 for mostly tarmac rides probably either gravel king slicks or rene herse bon jon or stampede pass. I ended up snagging a deal on some DT swiss carbon rims ERC1400 in front and HGC1400 in rear instead of going china direct.

Also if ordering the 1056 ask for extra headset spacers the fact they only provide 2 is so dumb. Luckily I found some FSA ones at a shop currently enroute to me.

Looking good!

Aesch

« Reply #342 on: September 21, 2021, 03:12:15 AM »
I stand corrected with regard to Shimano calipers. Thanks for educating me!

Funny about the colors. I was pointed specifically to RAL colors. The link I posted is where Carbonda sent me.

That's nice, shows they've moved on (or changed painting shop). RAL much easier. I've been quite impressed with the quality, both my gravel bike and racing bike have turned out really nice. Those are chameleon light blue and a chrome-plating effect dark blue so not the easiest.

jstrawks

« Reply #343 on: September 22, 2021, 08:25:05 AM »
For those of you that have installed internal brake hoses, did the rear brake hose go from the downtube to the chaistay  through the tunnel molded into the lower portion of the bottom bracket shell, or did it go over the top of the bottom bracket?

failstone

« Reply #344 on: September 22, 2021, 12:22:01 PM »
For those of you that have installed internal brake hoses, did the rear brake hose go from the downtube to the chaistay  through the tunnel molded into the lower portion of the bottom bracket shell, or did it go over the top of the bottom bracket?

If you use the pre-installed tube it goes over the BB in the frame. I think thats a more natural line than going under the BB where the cable for the rear derailleur goes.