Author Topic: Carbonda Gravel Carbon frame CFR707  (Read 53276 times)

RDY

Re: Carbonda Gravel Carbon frame CFR707
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2020, 04:26:39 PM »
...ORA are Taiwanese and I don't think there's a better Steel or Ti frame builder in the world.

They look great indeed https://www.oraeng-tw.com/titanium-bike-frame.html
Did you get a frame from them, directly?

Not had anything myself, but seen various stuff they were the OEM for, for various brands. Also seen a custom Rikulau Ti build (ORA make all their stuff), and a Columbus XCr tubed custom bike directly from ORA. Most knowledgeable people in the trade I've spoken to insist their welders are the best bar none.  Based on what I've seen and what people have told me, I'm not in a position to disagree.

I just bought a cheap branded Alu complete gravel bike to tide me over until hopefully more flights resume from Far East and air freight isn't such a mess. I'll then build up a Chinese carbon  gravel bike. Probably a year later, once I'm sure what I want in terms of geometry, I'll either get ORA or Waltly to build a Ti gravel or endurance road bike as a keeper.  Waltly if money is tighter,  ORA if it isn't. 
« Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 04:28:19 PM by RDY »

carbonazza

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2020, 12:04:13 AM »
At least to Europe, air freight from China is back to normal.
Thanks for the information about ORA.

RDY

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2020, 04:20:02 AM »
At least to Europe, air freight from China is back to normal.
Thanks for the information about ORA.

The companies I contacted, most still weren't offering EMS yet, and those that were it was expensive and subject to huge delay.  Anything which goes via Singapore is taking months atm, too, regardless of service.  On frames and wheels, duty / tax paid services are what I'd go for, but again these services aren't offered again yet for the most part.

It can't be back to normal, because the number of flights is still microscopic, and the majority of air freight is on commercial passenger flights normally.

Just want to avoid potential headaches, since it seems when ever I order bikes there are problems ... including the latest cheapo branded one from Wiggle. 
« Last Edit: September 02, 2020, 04:23:03 AM by RDY »

carbonazza

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2020, 05:38:06 AM »
I've got 3 pairs of wheels via XDB recently(through Hong Kong each time), they took 16-17 days instead of the usual 10-12 days.
And another is on its way, with the normal shipping steps so far.
Not fully normal, but in regard of what is going on, pretty good.

RDY

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2020, 09:26:05 AM »
Which suppliers?

I think you're in BE. I'm in NL .... customs can be a major problem here if you don't have your ducks in a row. There's no way to dispute what the carrier / belastingsdienst ask you to pay for customs / taxes. You either pay or have it returned. You can 'ask' them to refund you after paying (they won't), and then your only other option is to take them to court (not worth). The Dutch authorities and or PostNL particularly are absolutely notorious for asking for outrageous arbitrary amounts ... other carriers less so, but it still happens sometimes.

Before Covid I usually got stuff delivered to UK or Belgium if it was of significant value from US or CN, as it wasn't worth the risk of getting screwed by the system here.  It's why almost alone in EU there are Dutch distributors for some of the Chinese carbon sellers.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2020, 09:28:36 AM by RDY »

carbonazza

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2020, 12:02:05 PM »
The wheels were from lightbicycle.com

RDY

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2020, 12:27:10 PM »
Replied to your DM. It said message sent, so I assume it did, although it doesn't show in 'sent messages'.

adriaanm

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2020, 02:30:09 AM »
http://www.carbonda.com/news/129.html

!PRE SALE -CFR707!  Only 200 set

Pay a deposit of $100,You will get a gift package worth $66

1,A headset worth 15 dollars
2,A pair of F&R axles worth 26 dollars
3, An extra rear derailleur hangers worth 5 dollars
4.two carbon fiber water bottle cage worth 20 dollars

Pre-sale time:
the beginning of Thanksgiving and the end of Christmas
( 11/26 - 12/25)

Expected delivery date: May to June 2021

RDY

« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2020, 05:50:44 AM »
Pre-order with 6 month ETA. Hmmm. Also I assume this 'deal' iis limited to 200 sets. If the 707 is an LE, then the mind boggles.

Also, that reach is so insanely long for a bike that isn't particularly slack.

I guess it's great if you have really short legs ... but how many people with that kind of physiology are serious cyclists?

Snacks

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2021, 04:51:47 PM »
its a bummer i missed the presale i want to get the pricing and order one of these but no one seams to be replying to my messages. I sent an email to info@carbonda and sales1@carbonda.com last wednesday. would the reason they're not responding be that their new year holiday is coming up in February or do i just need to wait longer?

carbonazza

« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2021, 02:48:43 AM »
Check your spam folder, the answer maybe there.

wfl3

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2021, 08:54:02 AM »
Pre-order with 6 month ETA. Hmmm. Also I assume this 'deal' iis limited to 200 sets. If the 707 is an LE, then the mind boggles.

Also, that reach is so insanely long for a bike that isn't particularly slack.

I guess it's great if you have really short legs ... but how many people with that kind of physiology are serious cyclists?

Plus 1.5 on the ape index here   ;)

Snacks

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2021, 12:19:42 PM »
Check your spam folder, the answer maybe there.

i read your suggestion to check spam in another thread and already checked. unfortunately nothing in there  :(

Plus 1.5 on the ape index here   ;)

haha yea im right there with ya. this frame would be perfect

tripleDot

« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2021, 12:36:51 AM »
its a bummer i missed the presale i want to get the pricing and order one of these but no one seams to be replying to my messages. I sent an email to info@carbonda and sales1@carbonda.com last wednesday. would the reason they're not responding be that their new year holiday is coming up in February or do i just need to wait longer?

I've also not received any replies from those email addresses and I've emailed them like 3 or times already. None on any known Chinese or international holidays. I also always check my Junk/Spam mails.
July 2020 - Custom Waltly Ti 29er
Nov 2018 - Custom Waltly Ti Gravel
Apr 2018 - CS-496 29x3.0 - stripped
Feb 2018 - CS-RB01 (SS Road)
Sep 2016 - CS-RB01 (road sold)
Jun 2016 - Chinese CF XC - stripped
Mar 2016 - Haro Projekt (sold)
Feb 2008 - Jamis Durango 29 (sold)
Mar 2001 - Scott Scale (sold)

carbonazza

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2021, 07:07:46 AM »
Strange, I got a few replies from Wing this week and last week...