Author Topic: ICAN triaero A9  (Read 32394 times)

dimoul

Re: ICAN triaero A9
« Reply #105 on: May 05, 2021, 10:33:27 PM »
I bought these micro shims and cutted 4 or 5 of them to adapt them to the space over the headset.. Now I' m thinking about doing a shim cutted by a 1 mm Iron shim by a friend of mine that works metal for work.

Can you explain what problem you solved with the shim? I cant get mine to not creak a bit. I wonder if this would help

dimoul

« Reply #106 on: May 05, 2021, 10:36:37 PM »
I put some Carbon paste on the expander. It looks like that the Expander gets pushed up if you ride on cobblestone for example.
For now it works... but I just ride nice Tarmac so..   Another Option I read about is to put an old cutted Tube over the expander

What do you mean with "0.5 mm of round shims cutted" ?

I also used carbon paste. and 5nm torque...no instructions...so that was my guess. seems to hold fine

dimoul

« Reply #107 on: May 05, 2021, 11:21:37 PM »
Looks like my prior post has a problem, I can't see it anymore, so sorry if this is a repost.
-----
So nice to find a bunch of fellow A9 riders! 

All my riding buddies are like Why? I built mine in Nov/Dec 2020. I have more than 3500 miles. 6? races. 1 crash at 39mph and only a minor scratch to the bike...

my build is XL, Hb017. ultegra di2, quarq pwm w duraace chain rings, toseek carbon saddle, tokyo wheels epic 3.4, shimano ultegra pedals, DT Swiss through axles,
since the pics I've removed headset spacers and cut stem more and put in specalized rib bottle cages.

I've struggled with a creaky headset. And my saddle rail clamps allowed the saddle to creep on 2 different saddles but I think I've fixed it by painting a tad of epoxy with skid proof mixed in on top and bottom of the rails. I maybe should have gotten the L and I'm 6'2". it's a big bike. handles very well. super smooth and stiff. I started riding this bike at 220 lbs weight but I'm losing weight, down to 194 so far. Great bike.

I was new to building fully internal integrated hydraulic. Routing cables in the handlebar was very difficult for a first timer. I also goofed and cut the steerer to short but Doris at Ican was like no problem and sent me a matching replacement for like $120! I will say on routing don't worry so much about dinging and kinking the ends of the hydraulics lines. Remember you will be cutting that part off anyways.

qqqracing1980

« Reply #108 on: July 18, 2021, 04:35:13 PM »
Let me add to this thread.   Been using it for info before I ordered my frame, it seems like they don’t have much in stock except for flat black frames. Got it in a week with express shipping.Originally I wanted the khaki color frame but since I needed it quick I ended up with the matte black one.  All the parts were in great condition and everything fits well. Only issue I had was with the handlebar hole for the fork is too tight so I had I sand that down to get it to fit right.  Hardest part was routing the cables through the handle bar…that was a nightmare!  Final weight 17.7lbs(w/ cages, garmin mount and pedals) size 49 frame.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2021, 05:14:24 PM by qqqracing1980 »

natasha

« Reply #109 on: August 12, 2021, 07:42:19 AM »
Hello all,

Finally got my ICAN A9 and started building the bike.

I have run into some trouble and I'm not able to understand what to do now. The length of the front caliper is not matching with the threads provided in the fork.

What do I do? Please help  :'(

FHS

« Reply #110 on: August 12, 2021, 10:41:18 AM »
I've never worked with SRAM, but does the front caliper have different adapters for different fork setups?

olajosgatya

« Reply #111 on: August 12, 2021, 01:33:41 PM »
Hello all,

Finally got my ICAN A9 and started building the bike.

I have run into some trouble and I'm not able to understand what to do now. The length of the front caliper is not matching with the threads provided in the fork.

What do I do? Please help  :'(

I cannot really see your brake caliper from that angle but it seems like it might be a post mount caliper. If it is then you need a post to flat mount adapter to install it.

St0mpB0x

« Reply #112 on: August 12, 2021, 07:57:30 PM »
Yup, as above. Definitely looks like post mount caliper and flat mount fork. Photo isn't 100% clear though.

Snacks

« Reply #113 on: August 13, 2021, 09:23:12 AM »
Yup you're both right. Definitely post mount caliper. Their flat mount doesn't have a curved edge on the side that's facing the frame

Icyseanfitz

« Reply #114 on: October 27, 2021, 11:43:25 AM »
anybody have seatpost slippage problems with this frame? thinking of retiring my velobuild 086 for this and the only issue that had was a slipping seatpost

Irideslowly

« Reply #115 on: October 28, 2021, 04:03:26 AM »
Looks like my prior post has a problem, I can't see it anymore, so sorry if this is a repost.
-----
So nice to find a bunch of fellow A9 riders! 

All my riding buddies are like Why? I built mine in Nov/Dec 2020. I have more than 3500 miles. 6? races. 1 crash at 39mph and only a minor scratch to the bike...

my build is XL, Hb017. ultegra di2, quarq pwm w duraace chain rings, toseek carbon saddle, tokyo wheels epic 3.4, shimano ultegra pedals, DT Swiss through axles,
since the pics I've removed headset spacers and cut stem more and put in specalized rib bottle cages.

I've struggled with a creaky headset. And my saddle rail clamps allowed the saddle to creep on 2 different saddles but I think I've fixed it by painting a tad of epoxy with skid proof mixed in on top and bottom of the rails. I maybe should have gotten the L and I'm 6'2". it's a big bike. handles very well. super smooth and stiff. I started riding this bike at 220 lbs weight but I'm losing weight, down to 194 so far. Great bike.

I was new to building fully internal integrated hydraulic. Routing cables in the handlebar was very difficult for a first timer. I also goofed and cut the steerer to short but Doris at Ican was like no problem and sent me a matching replacement for like $120! I will say on routing don't worry so much about dinging and kinking the ends of the hydraulics lines. Remember you will be cutting that part off anyways.

Beautiful bike, Do you mind sharing the color code ?

qqqracing1980

« Reply #116 on: February 09, 2022, 06:03:39 PM »
anybody have seatpost slippage problems with this frame? thinking of retiring my velobuild 086 for this and the only issue that had was a slipping seatpost

No issues for me.

qqqracing1980

« Reply #117 on: February 09, 2022, 06:11:16 PM »
I decided to strip the matte black paint down to carbon and put a clear coat on it.  I also, converted the headset and stem to an SL7 one for more flexibility as the shortest stem and bar combo ICAN offers is 90x400mm which was a month wait for me at the time.  So I went with 100x400mm which was too long for me.  What I needed was a 80mm stem which the SL7 offers, there isn't that many Aero bars out there that offers anything shorter than 90mm.  Plus, with this setup the maintenance is much easier as the cables don't run inside the bar. 
« Last Edit: February 11, 2022, 12:58:04 AM by qqqracing1980 »

FHS

« Reply #118 on: February 10, 2022, 12:00:19 PM »
I decided to strip the matte black paint down to carbon and put a clear coat on it.  I also, converted the headset and stem to an SL7 one for more flexibility as the shortest stem and bar combo ICAN offers is 90x400mm which was a month wait for me at the time.  So I went with 100x400mm which was too long for me.  What I needed was a 80mm stem which the SL7 offers, there isn't that many Aero bars out there that offers anything shorter than 90mm.  Plus, with this setup the maintenance is much easier as the cables don't run inside the bar.

Did you modify your headset cup to fit the SL7 set up?

qqqracing1980

« Reply #119 on: February 10, 2022, 03:49:27 PM »
Did you modify your headset cup to fit the SL7 set up?

Yes. Also the centering plate that sits on top of the bearing because specialized uses 39.5mm vs 40mm that’s more common.