Author Topic: Tan Tan GR040 Build  (Read 7991 times)

ChrisB

Re: Tan Tan GR040 Build
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2021, 09:05:58 AM »
Very cool, looking forward to your build report. Finished our GR029 in January so I am interested to hear what you think of the GR040.
The build thread for the GR029 is here: http://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,3118.0.html

What are the wheel specifications?
Did you also get them from Seraph/TanTan?
I am looking for a set with either 29mm or 31mm width to go with my Panaracer 32mm slick tires.

Enjoy the build!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2021, 09:09:07 AM by ChrisB »

Superhannes

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2021, 10:10:54 AM »
I wish I was missing something because I'm confident they would have shipped a piece.

So anyway I got it right and solid now with the wm spacer. I removed the left side 2.5mm dub spacer replaced with 0.5mm spacer, removed the drive side 4.5 mm spacer and tightened it all up.  Haven't taken it out for a spin yet but clearances are ok.  What a pain.

Have the same »problem« with the ZRACE RX 1* : (

For reference: axle length (measured from left crank arm) is 107mm - 2 mm shorter than the ZRACE RX 2* that is 109mm. The ZRACE RX 2* seems to work with both 2.5mm DUB spacer and NO on the drive side of the axle (as SRAM  recommends).

So my guess is the (otherwise pretty nice) ZRACE RX 1* might be fine with a 2.5mm DUB spacer on the drive side and  a 0.5mm DUB spacer on the left and again NO spacer on the drive side.

Since I have no 0.5mm spacer, that's just a theory. Can someone confirm? Oh yeah: thats all for a 68mm BB housing : ) 

svanimpe

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2021, 12:11:19 PM »
I'm also having issues with the ZRACE RX 1 crankset. I first tried the included 4.5mm and 2mm spacers, but neither of them were enough to get a proper preload. However, using both is too much, as then I have way too much load on the bearings, and cannot get up to 50Nm.

What does work for me is using the 2x2.5mm BB spacers (to go from 68mm -> 73mm). There's an ever so slight play left (hardly noticable), and it probably doesn't result in the perfect chainline, but at least it seems rideable.

Update: I've removed the 2.5mm BB spacers and used the included 4.5mm spacer on the drive side, in addition to a 1mm spacer from Praxis that I had lying around. That removes the play but now the cranks aren't centered.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2021, 09:02:11 AM by svanimpe »

Txapa80

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2021, 04:26:07 PM »

I just purchased the same frame from Lightcarbon and I was wondering if you already finished to build the bike and if you found any problems with it.

niklass

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2022, 01:56:41 PM »
Hi all!

Just got my GR040 built up, well everything but the brakes is done :) so no riding for a couple of days until the brakes arrive.

Bought this frame instead of the more popular Carbonda frame due to it has a lower stack and is geo wise more like a road bike (wheelbase apart).
I plan on using it as a bike for faster gravel rides and some road riding as well. No adventure riding  :)

I found an older, used Sram Red group and will use Juin Techs for braking. Wheels are a pair of Elite Wheels with 40mm deep and 29mm wide rims. Scwalbe G-one Allroad 622x40 tires. Lots of space for wider tires.

Frame is painted by me and with some custom decals. Totally stole the name from an other guy who built up a VBR 168, sorry for that if you see this :) Also sorry for the cell phone pics

Weight is unclear at the moment and of course how it actually rides, but i can update that later on if anyone is interested.

Ordering process was straight forward and the frame shipped out with DPD within a week. Took about 1 month from payment to delivery at my door.

xlam

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2022, 03:36:41 AM »
My build on GR041.
Assembled last year, later bought a Lauf, 570 size. Weight with rigid fork 9.1kg, with Lauf - 9.5kg

Cassette and system: Sram Force 11 (XG-1175 10-42, 42T)
Control lever: Shimano GRX 600 (RX812 rear derailleur)
Wheels: Farsports 700C*45 (DT240s, CX-ray)