Author Topic: TanTan TT-X21 frame  (Read 25744 times)

imperyal

Re: TanTan TT-X21 frame
« Reply #120 on: March 19, 2021, 02:03:48 PM »
Thanks !

Who is your contact person and email at TanTan ?
I'm looking to build a couple of hardtails, and could start working with them.

Sorry for the late replay...

I talked with Rose Huang, email: sales@tantancycling.com
I ordered an extra derailleur hanger the was not shipped initially but she send it later very quickly.

She was very nice, have no complaints so far.

carbonazza

« Reply #121 on: March 19, 2021, 02:45:20 PM »
Sorry for the late replay...

I talked with Rose Huang, email: sales@tantancycling.com
I ordered an extra derailleur hanger the was not shipped initially but she send it later very quickly.

She was very nice, have no complaints so far.

No worries, I got a contact with Lisa already, she was fast to reply, so far so good !

Snacks

« Reply #122 on: March 19, 2021, 04:19:07 PM »
Really?  No complaints other than the brusque attitude and continual underestimation of shipment dates.

i had a very similar experience but didnt use the fm659 frame after it finally arrived months after it was supposed to. sold it to someone in the area as i figured the headache would continue.

snaert

« Reply #123 on: March 20, 2021, 06:17:09 AM »
Really?  No complaints other than the brusque attitude and continual underestimation of shipment dates.

No complaints about the frame here. Everything fitted well in my case. The only problem I had was with the groupset sensah/zrace which didn't work properly in combination with the frame. Since I switched to ultegra di2/hydraulic setup my bike works like a charm.
Of course I could argue with little complaints about missing rubber caps or minor paint imperfections here and there but there is nothing you could not solve yourself. Thats the price you pay if you start a project chinese road bike :-) Overall I'm more than happy with the outcome. Keep the fingers crossed there wont be a crack in the frame or something similar soon :-)

BrianO

« Reply #124 on: March 31, 2021, 05:16:24 AM »
I finally gave up on the Sensah Empire Pro front derailleur on the TT-X21 and decided to remove the inner cable arrangement and went for a Shimano 105 7000 front Mech. It has an option to thread the outer housing to the derailleur. Two good features include the cable tensioning screw and anchor screw to the derailleur hanger. I found a fitting that allows the housing to leave the frame. As this is just in front of the wheel and will allow water into the frame, I plan to seal it with Silicone. 

FHS

« Reply #125 on: March 31, 2021, 09:10:24 AM »
I found a fitting that allows the housing to leave the frame.

Where did you get it? The stock fitting is a pain.

The 105 shifts flawlessly when it's adjusted correctly, really nice, but mine had a tendency to need readjusting every few rides. Might have had something to do with the fiddly cable fitting. I switched to Ultegra and have had fewer issues with adjustment, but I also spent a lot of time securing down the fitting when I switched out the mechs.

ldavies

« Reply #126 on: March 31, 2021, 11:22:09 AM »
I finally gave up on the Sensah Empire Pro front derailleur on the TT-X21 and decided to remove the inner cable arrangement and went for a Shimano 105 7000 front Mech. It has an option to thread the outer housing to the derailleur. Two good features include the cable tensioning screw and anchor screw to the derailleur hanger. I found a fitting that allows the housing to leave the frame. As this is just in front of the wheel and will allow water into the frame, I plan to seal it with Silicone.

I used a similar fitting.  What silicone product will you use to seal it?

And for the other person that was wanting to know where to get the fitting here is a link to one at aliexpress.  There are lots of others though on ebay and others with slightly different design.  https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002023414027.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.5c9a4c4dMU2pPe

Bikeoiv

« Reply #127 on: April 11, 2021, 04:17:43 PM »
Hi!

So I'm thinking of ordering this (or the vb-r-099), but I'm unsure of which size to choose.

I'm 175.5 cm (5'9) but have short legs, my inseam is around 77cm. I also got short arms, arm span is 169 cm.

Could anyone help me doing a wise judgment choosing between size 52 and 50?

carbonazza

« Reply #128 on: April 12, 2021, 04:14:03 AM »
I think you have enough torso for both.

If you prefer comfort, take the 52.
The handlebar will be higher relative to the saddle.

If you are more on the race side and flexible, you could take the 50 with a long stem, but ending more cramped.

A real bike fit session, made by a good person would make you sure.

Bikeoiv

« Reply #129 on: April 12, 2021, 04:34:15 AM »
Thanks for the tip! We're in lockdown, and will be for a while, so I can't get a fit and want to get going.

I see now I wrote wrong, I meant 52 or 54. The seller has pointed me towards a 54. Would you then say to go for 52?

imperyal

« Reply #130 on: April 12, 2021, 05:44:46 AM »
I'm 170cm, 75cm inseam. I ordered a size 49 frame. But I'm not riding it yet...

carbonazza

« Reply #131 on: April 12, 2021, 09:25:32 AM »
Thanks for the tip! We're in lockdown, and will be for a while, so I can't get a fit and want to get going.

I see now I wrote wrong, I meant 52 or 54. The seller has pointed me towards a 54. Would you then say to go for 52?

I'm 178cm, but with 89cm inseam and ride 54 with a 90mm stem.
So 54 should still be good. Short legs is not a problem with bikes :)

FHS

« Reply #132 on: April 12, 2021, 09:50:50 AM »
Echoing what Carbonazza said. I'm 178 cm with a 81 cm inseam. My choice was between a 56 and a 54. I went with a 56. Either would have been fine for me personally, but I don't have a lot of flexibilty. I can run a reasonably racier stance on a 56 with just a 100mm stem and just one 10mm headset spacer. I'd could have run a longer stem but I'd need a few more spacers.

Snacks

« Reply #133 on: April 12, 2021, 12:03:25 PM »
I'm 5'10" with a 30.5in inseam( I think thats about a 178cm height with 77cm inseam) I'm riding a 52 and I think it was the perfect choice. Haven't had a real bike fit because of covid but my old bike was a 54(granted it had a different geo) and didn't allow for much to be changed to get a comfotable fit. I was already using a 165 crank and had the seatpost in the lowest position. With a 52 for this frame I was able to play with crank length , stem and saddle height to get it feeling real nice.

Bikeoiv

« Reply #134 on: April 12, 2021, 01:38:47 PM »
Thanks for all the replies! I’m gonna go for a 52, and I think the 100 mm stem.