Author Topic: Thinkrider Power Direct Drive Turbo.  (Read 930 times)

Matt_C

Thinkrider Power Direct Drive Turbo.
« on: October 27, 2020, 11:59:16 AM »
I have been in the market for a cheap direct drive turbo for a while now and I decided to pull the trigger on a Thinkrider Power. I got the turbo for £200 plus £50 shipping from spain which means no added tax and hopefully faster shipping time. I struggled to find any good reviews of the product but it definitely looks pretty good. I have a magene power meter so I dont require accurate power or smart features from the trainer. The trainer has a resistance of a 5% slope and a 1500 watt max resistance so it should be ideal for some zwift races over winter.

If anyone else has experience with the trainer id love to hear your stories and if not ill keep you updated with my own!

carbonazza

Re: Thinkrider Power Direct Drive Turbo.
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2020, 04:13:38 PM »
Interesting ! I look forward for your feedback.

Matt_C

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2020, 04:08:59 AM »
Trainer arrived yesterday. Shipping time was fantastic. Trainer looks sturdy. Waiting for a cassette to arrive before I can give a proper test ride and review.

damianpia

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2021, 08:27:47 AM »
Any opinions Matt?

Schumo

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2021, 09:33:20 AM »
I got my Thinkrider X5 Neo on friday, and wrote my first impressions down here.
http://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,3219.msg27429.html#msg27429

A friend has the X7 3rd Gen and is also happy with it.

Matt_C

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2021, 12:12:19 PM »
So far it has been flawless. Much better than a wheel on dumb trainer. If you have a power meter on your bike then this is all you need for some great structured training and zwift!