Author Topic: XCADEY XPower-S Power Meter €219  (Read 5819 times)

theirishrider

Re: XCADEY XPower-S Power Meter €219
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2020, 04:16:52 AM »
Good to know going direct works fast.
Happy powered rides then !

Yes that was with the 5$ USD option for shipping too. Not the 20$ option. :) Power is amazing, no more lying to myself.

carbonazza

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2020, 04:54:29 AM »
Yes that was with the 5$ USD option for shipping too. Not the 20$ option. :) Power is amazing, no more lying to myself.

More than not lying, it is useful !

Here's my most useful usage:
When you attack, you are clearly in the red for a moment.
But then, when you dropped everyone, keep the effort just below your critical power, you do not drain your battery anymore, but the dropped need to make the same effort you did to catch you.

The critical power is something you can evaluate with goldenCheetah an open source software I feed from my strava account.
Below the CP you recharge your battery, over the CP, you exhaust it.
And like everything in nature it is logarithmic !

And you have as well an estimate of your kJ reserve, and how deep you can dig before bonking.

A more pacific usage ;) is how fast you can do a long climb to insure you keep the same effort up to the top.

lukwy

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2021, 07:46:41 AM »
@carbonazza
how is your power meter performing? Does it have any disadvantages that appeared later? I wanted to buy XCADEY XPower-S but you said something about accuracy.
Where is this information from?
I will be grateful for your help.
I would like to buy it for road bike (SRAM 3-bolts to 110BCD) and I am wondering about compatibility.
By the way I'm going to buy 46/30 chainrings from ebay: bikinGreen CNC Chainring 46/30T
I hope everything will work together without problems...
FS: Carbonda FM936, XT/SLX 1x12, 2.4
Gravel: TanTan GR045, GRX820/105 2x12, 700x35c

carbonazza

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2021, 08:17:45 AM »
@lukwy, It is still going well.
And honestly I can't see any difference with my Quarq or P2M from my other bikes.
I had the power pikes issue many reported in forums.
That was solved with the latest firmware.

Note it is a Sigeyi, not Xcadey.
If I remember well Sigeyi was more precise, but had an inferior app than Xcadey.
It is not that bad, for what I need it for( updating firmware...).

It is for 3 bolts SRAM MTB cranks.
But Sigeyi has various model for SRAM MTB boost/non boost, or road you can choose from.
Mainly for the chainline I guess.

theirishrider

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2021, 09:09:06 AM »
I think the Sigeyi app is fine. It does the firmware updates fine and battery level etc. It's battery life is amazing, im at 2 months of use and its still going strong.... I can't compare it to any other PM but I will say the results are as i exepect and I see no dropouts or false spikes. Its fast to read too power and cadance. However, as I say I have nothing to compare it to. I actually put my M8100 cranks on my road bike because im waiting for my new Magene Kickstarter PM and it works well in 1x mode for road too!

lukwy

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2021, 11:36:51 AM »
Thanks guys for the update. I think I'd go for Sigeyi then.
One more: does the balance L/R seem to work well?
Is it close to the "truth" according to your feeling?

zilcho

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2021, 02:05:23 PM »
I believe DC Rainmaker and GPLama both commented that the XCADEY was accurate enough but needed an offset value added to produce the correct numbers.  This would be very difficult to do if you don't have another way of measuring power to compare.

I recently purchased the Sigeyi in SRAM 3 bolt boost and have not had any issues.  It seems accurate compared to expected numbers for an effort vs my P2M on my groad bike.  So far I've refused pulling out the smart trainer this year so don't have a direct comparison.

I would double check the BCD of the 46/30 rings.  Most 110bcd won't accept an inner ring smaller than 33 teeth.  Also, L/R balance from a spider based pm is just an estimate.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2021, 02:06:58 PM by zilcho »

lukwy

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2021, 04:13:42 PM »
Yeah, I heard about adding 6% to Xcadey PM. Maybe in future it will be fixed by firmware, but for now I will choose Sigeyi.
I have at least 3 positive opinions :)

46/30 chainrings uses 4x 110BCD but has thinner bolts placed closer to the spindle I suppose.
I've just bought it on ebay, and hope it will work:
https://www.ebay.pl/itm/333733063136?ul_noapp=true
Absolute Black also has 46/30 rings, but more expensive and I don't want oval in road bike.

theirishrider

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2021, 04:24:00 PM »
Thanks guys for the update. I think I'd go for Sigeyi then.
One more: does the balance L/R seem to work well?
Is it close to the "truth" according to your feeling?
I personally think it's great. Buy from the Sigeyi store with paypal, that's what I did. They shipped the same day and it came in 1 week to the UK. The instructions in the box were great and well translated and there was even 5 different colour stickers. The machine and annodising was perfect too. Make sure to note that you shouldn't use powerful 2-3A cell phone chargers to charge it, i think it's 500mA-1A  usb chargers (from memory) so i just use my laptop to charge it. This is a pretty common thing with smaller bluetooth sensors.

I've put a screen shot of the L/R split a longside the power profile from a recent ride. That L/R balace is pretty close to what I see on the Wattbike, so aremy power readings.

carbonazza

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2021, 12:58:58 AM »
... im waiting for my new Magene Kickstarter PM ...

That is a brave expedition  ;)
Their HRM are great at least.

wfl3

« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2021, 08:25:23 AM »

I think I'm ready to pull the trigger on the Sigeyi - I have SRAM XX1 dub/boost cranks so I assume I order the AXO SRAM Boost PM?

I already have 4 deckas 104bcd chainrings (round & oval) and a few sets of single ring bolts - I ordered these a while back in anticipation of adding one of these PMs to my MTB.

theirishrider

« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2021, 08:46:26 AM »
I think I'm ready to pull the trigger on the Sigeyi - I have SRAM XX1 dub/boost cranks so I assume I order the AXO SRAM Boost PM?

I already have 4 deckas 104bcd chainrings (round & oval) and a few sets of single ring bolts - I ordered these a while back in anticipation of adding one of these PMs to my MTB.
I can only assume so! You could order the non boost and use offset chainrings! :)

tripleDot

« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2021, 09:52:21 AM »
@Carbonazza, I have the same blue oval Deckas chainring too.
July 2020 - Custom Waltly Ti 29er
Nov 2018 - Custom Waltly Ti Gravel
Apr 2018 - CS-496 29x3.0 - stripped
Feb 2018 - CS-RB01 (SS Road)
Sep 2016 - CS-RB01 (road sold)
Jun 2016 - Chinese CF XC - stripped
Mar 2016 - Haro Projekt (sold)
Feb 2008 - Jamis Durango 29 (sold)
Mar 2001 - Scott Scale (sold)

carbonazza

« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2021, 08:08:04 PM »
I can only assume so! You could order the non boost and use offset chainrings! :)
Isn't the offset only for direct mount?
Aren't the 110BCD rings all flat?

carbonazza

« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2021, 08:12:04 PM »
@Carbonazza, I have the same blue oval Deckas chainring too.

You have excellent taste :D
They are very good value.
I wonder if it is the same alloy as AB or SRAM.
So far so good.