Chinese Carbon Road Bikes > Road Bike Frames, Wheels & Components

Advice on new road bike frame! Fully internal cable routing + disc

<< < (2/4) > >>

Jwzard:
Yes, that is true. Can't find any other reviews tho.

I've looked into Velo Build now as well. Seems to be pretty solid and found some good reviews, 479 USD including handlebar.
http://www.velobuildmall.com/products/2020-vb-r-099-aero-carbon-fiber-road-frame-disc-version-hidden-cables

carbonazza:
Just by curiosity, what is velobuild?
They are importing Chinese frames in the US?
Do they take a markup ? And for what service?

Jwzard:
"Just by curiosity, what is velobuild?"
A bike component manufacturer.

"They are importing Chinese frames in the US?"
They ship worldwide, I don't think they keep stock in the US.

"Do they take a markup ? And for what service?"
I think they only sell their own frames and wheels. Seems to be about same prices as some other china frames.

Matt_C:
I can't recommend the ICAN A9 enough. Check my post history for the build.  It might cost an extra $50 compared to other quality manufacturers but the service I received was amazing and even now months after sale Perry still replies promptly. They have a YouTube videos showing how the frame is made and all the QC checks, that might just be marketing but it is still good to see.

Snacks:
I'm still waiting for my frame but I've been researching frames with fully internal cable routing since early Sept. After much trial and tribulation with purchases from a couple different sellers over the past couple months, I purchased the velobuid r-099 you actually posted above about a week ago.  Chris from velobuild has been super helpful and really great to work with.

From all my research I can tell you I'd go with dengfu or velobuild. I've read a majority of positive reviews for both. There are of course a few outlier reviews but it seems that those problems were outside of the warranty period or they did all they could to fix the issues that came up.
Hope that helps!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version