Author Topic: Carbonda FM909  (Read 118986 times)

DESMOCHEEE!!!

Re: Carbonda FM909
« Reply #105 on: October 21, 2021, 01:07:58 AM »
They have not contacted me again. And they told me that production would start now in October. :-\

Arno Knell

« Reply #106 on: October 23, 2021, 04:25:46 PM »
Following my last information from Carbonda regarding the FM909 Frame ( Dated: Oct. 20/2021)

Hello Arno Knell
Glad hear from you

One set of sample FM 909 ;US$ 950

heatset : US$15
rear axle : US$15

need wait to the early November

FM 909 only have thread BSA-73

Kind Regards
Wing
« Last Edit: October 24, 2021, 02:18:48 AM by Arno Knell »

tcross

« Reply #107 on: October 28, 2021, 12:05:37 AM »
You can't trust them. I can cancelled my order. They give no info on this frame and just keep pushing the date back further and further.

federic000

« Reply #108 on: October 28, 2021, 09:47:31 AM »
they asked me 100$ to book a frame. ::).. but could be this frame is like FM936, so before anything else the "famous brand" owner should present a bike made with the FM909 frame...

carbonazza

« Reply #109 on: October 28, 2021, 11:03:12 AM »
Before going in hyperbole, just remember you are your own importer when buying frames.
It is not a shop you get immediately what you buy.
And sometimes no small patience is required.
Add to this the cultural difference, and there is room for plenty of misunderstanding.
Carbonda is generally a great company to deal with, but glitches may happen everywhere.

Pedaldancer

« Reply #110 on: October 31, 2021, 08:10:14 AM »
I am really astonished about some statements..

Did you ever see something finished just in time? Development usually  has delay. Of course it's sad to wait. But currently the world is far away from normal. Besides Corona China suffers from a big lack of electricity.. did you know that? It's hard to produce something when you have no power to run the machines.

Also the 707 frame was postponed several times. Now the first owners are already using their bikes. The 909 will come to us. It just takes time. Unfortunately longer than expected. But this is the same story if you order a complete bike, that is not standing around already.

The 100$ predeposit is kind of fair deal. For other goods you have to make a much bigger predeposit ...
« Last Edit: October 31, 2021, 08:12:05 AM by Pedaldancer »

Pedaldancer

« Reply #111 on: November 03, 2021, 06:41:33 AM »
There are some good news from my order.
Seemingly my frame has already come to life.
I got the information from Katie that it will be painted next week. 
 :) Yes i am excited. Although I don't think it will be here before January.

federic000

« Reply #112 on: November 03, 2021, 08:38:17 AM »
We want to know everything! Color scheme, decals, picture of frame before shipment  ;D

Pedaldancer

« Reply #113 on: November 03, 2021, 12:22:51 PM »
We want to know everything! Color scheme, decals, picture of frame before shipment  ;D

So far no picture. Colour will be carbon raw with a blue top coat. So the carbon structure will shine throught the blue top coat.
I will cut decals on my own,  which is why I am not sure about the colour yet. Gold, copper, bronze or teal are options. Or white,
holo,  grey.... . I would like a brushed metallic surface for the decals.
Also I was a bit crazy and will take the integrated cockpit.  If that's not working out there are headset options to run a conventional stem and handlebar. I just couldn't say no to that.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2021, 12:27:13 PM by Pedaldancer »

federic000

« Reply #114 on: November 03, 2021, 02:19:26 PM »
So ere are headset options to run a conventional stem and handlebar. I just couldn't say no to that.

Thanks for sharing! It should look beautiful. I haven't asked but can you tell the price for the integrated cockpit?
Thanks

rollo

« Reply #115 on: November 04, 2021, 04:15:21 AM »
So far no picture. Colour will be carbon raw with a blue top coat. So the carbon structure will shine throught the blue top coat.
I will cut decals on my own,  which is why I am not sure about the colour yet. Gold, copper, bronze or teal are options. Or white,
holo,  grey.... . I would like a brushed metallic surface for the decals.
Also I was a bit crazy and will take the integrated cockpit.  If that's not working out there are headset options to run a conventional stem and handlebar. I just couldn't say no to that.

Good morning Pedaldancer!

I know you from CFR696 thread @ mtb-news .... nice to meet you here!
It seems I am straight on the way to do something similar you do.
I am wondering which integrated cockpit your are planning to use - can you share a link, please?

Warm regards,
Michael (rollo74)

emu26

« Reply #116 on: November 04, 2021, 02:38:38 PM »
Pedaldancer I am interested in this finish you are talking about. Do you have a picture, maybe just from the web, of the "carbon structure" you are expecting to see?

Pedaldancer

« Reply #117 on: November 04, 2021, 04:01:20 PM »
Pedaldancer I am interested in this finish you are talking about. Do you have a picture, maybe just from the web, of the "carbon structure" you are expecting to see?

As i lost most of my recent downloads.. i only have two images left. I'd expect nice silky UD structures.
But you can google raw carbon. The orbea oiz for example,  had blue carbon raw. Cube has a red carbon raw design. Seemingly the brighter the color the more you will see from the carbon structure.

emu26

« Reply #118 on: November 04, 2021, 04:09:17 PM »
OK, those pics look just like blue paint to me, maybe with a bit of a fleck through it.  I was concerned because I thought you might have been expecting to see a 3 or 12k weave through a translucent paint.

Pedaldancer

« Reply #119 on: November 04, 2021, 04:51:31 PM »
OK, those pics look just like blue paint to me, maybe with a bit of a fleck through it.  I was concerned because I thought you might have been expecting to see a 3 or 12k weave through a translucent paint.

It's not possible to see 3k or 12k if it's not on the top layer....i had a short video sequence where you could see the effect.
No it's not a very outstanding flashy effect. Reluctant... I already possess a sparkling bike.. ;D