Author Topic: Chinese cycling clothes  (Read 38876 times)

sbellote

Re: Chinese cycling clothes
« Reply #180 on: August 15, 2023, 07:26:33 AM »
about the 'plastic bag' comparison, my impression from the YKYWB and Darevie clothings is that the fabric is well-ventilated and wicks the moisture pretty well. For jerseys especially, and I even have one from YKYWB which is summer specific, and has a mesh fabric for the whole back and sleeves, which is really cool and fit for hot rides
But for bibs also, I don't have any issues with them being too hot (currently have 4 from YKYWB and 3 from Darevie), not even for indoor rides. But surprisingly they also hold the heat well in the coldest rides.

I cannot compare to Spexcel bibs since I have none. But the 3 jerseys I have from Spexcel, my impression is the fabric is hotter, slightly.

Gareth79

« Reply #181 on: August 15, 2023, 07:11:05 PM »
Yes the Darevie jersey fabric seems fine. It's a slightly thicker and a closer weave than the Castelli 6.0 jersey, but I paid attention to the airflow and sweating and it was all ok.

I received the bib shorts today and the medium seems to fit fine when trying it on quickly. Again, their medium is very similar sizing to Castelli medium. The leg grippers seem very "sticky" though, will be interesting to see how they feel on a ride tomorrow and how well they work.

Bigal

« Reply #182 on: August 18, 2023, 10:48:42 PM »
Does anyone have any recommendations for lightweight long-sleeve jerseys? I'm looking for something for sun protection on warm days, and poison oak protection as well. I'm about 190 cm and a bit over 90 kg, so I need a fairly large size.

Not a long sleeve jersey but I purchased these sleeves with UV protection https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32850484347.html before last summer and they were as good in not better than some brand named ones that where 8 times the price. Being in Australia in summer I prefer this to layers of sun screen

I'll be buying another spare pair for this summer.

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #183 on: August 21, 2023, 09:02:14 AM »
I also received my Deravie jersey today. I ordered an S and it is tight (around the waist) for my 172cm/63kg. I like tight jerseys and have a problem finding something that is tight enough since I have lost weight because of the cycling...

Edit: tried to remove the text on the sleeves of the jersey with heat and with sticker remover, but it did not work :( I was hoping that I would be able to remove them since I find them way to tacky... So these will be for my solo rides I'm afraid...

Yesterday I did my first ride with the shirt and I am not really happy with it, but that's more my fault... The S is tight, but the back is also really short. I just can't reach the pockets comfortable or safely while riding...

I ordered the M in the sale. We'll see if this is better.

Sebastian

« Reply #184 on: August 22, 2023, 03:43:59 PM »

Not these Darevie: https://a.aliexpress.com/_ExJuwDh
I did rides in very hot weather and they are just fine.
And at $36, I can't find anything better.

I gave these a try and I have to say I’m seriously impressed. These are easily comparable with my Castelli bibs which are about five times as expensive. The chamois is an actual chamois with profiling and different thickness areas. A whole different story to my Spexcel bib which is the same price. Sizing is also spot on so the measurements they give for their Asian sizes seem to be accurate. I will buy these again and I’m very tempted now to try their jerseys.

nickobec

« Reply #185 on: August 22, 2023, 10:25:52 PM »
about the 'plastic bag' comparison, my impression from the YKYWB and Darevie clothings is that the fabric is well-ventilated and wicks the moisture pretty well. For jerseys especially, and I even have one from YKYWB which is summer specific, and has a mesh fabric for the whole back and sleeves, which is really cool and fit for hot rides
But for bibs also, I don't have any issues with them being too hot (currently have 4 from YKYWB and 3 from Darevie), not even for indoor rides. But surprisingly they also hold the heat well in the coldest rides.

I cannot compare to Spexcel bibs since I have none. But the 3 jerseys I have from Spexcel, my impression is the fabric is hotter, slightly.
I think it has a lot to do with the material/lycra used.
I have a Spexcel jersey with their coldblack lycra and I will happily wear on stupidly hot days aka 35C+ it is one of my better jerseys for wicking sweat away (and I do sweat a lot).
I have half a dozen YKYWB jerseys, don't find them that good at wicking moisture away (I have better alternatives) so they get used on the normal 15-30C ride days.
My only experience with a Darevie jersey (long sleeve) was not positive.

With regards to bibs,  I find the lycra in my  Spexcel and four Darevie bibs to be lighter, less compressive than other bibs, but good at wicking sweat. Will happily use them on hotter days as long as the ride is less than 4 hours.
My YKYWB bibs are black cargo bibs, don't wear tend to wear them on hot days.

kbernstein

« Reply #186 on: August 23, 2023, 01:02:31 AM »
I gave these a try and I have to say I’m seriously impressed. These are easily comparable with my Castelli bibs which are about five times as expensive. The chamois is an actual chamois with profiling and different thickness areas. A whole different story to my Spexcel bib which is the same price. Sizing is also spot on so the measurements they give for their Asian sizes seem to be accurate. I will buy these again and I’m very tempted now to try their jerseys.
Lol! I thought I was reading my own message. Also have castelli bibs, also tried spexcel  and hated it, then bought darevie and found them amazing value. Just ordered a second pair yesterday.
I don't think I'll buy their jersey again though, a zipped pocket is kind of a big deal to me and the pockets are much smaller in general. Fits amazing overall, it's just the pockets for me

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #187 on: August 23, 2023, 01:20:37 AM »
I received this new Rion shirt yesterday: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005861997589.html
I ordered a XS (172cm and 63kg) in champagne colour, but the fit is OK, but is is way to short and the pockets are way too high. The colour is also more pink than champagne.

It has free return, so I am going to try how that works out for the first time...

Edit: They already provided me with the return label, so that's good :)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2023, 04:39:24 AM by TidyDinosaur »

kbernstein

« Reply #188 on: August 23, 2023, 06:03:25 AM »
I received this new Rion shirt yesterday: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005861997589.html
I ordered a XS (172cm and 63kg) in champagne colour, but the fit is OK, but is is way to short and the pockets are way too high. The colour is also more pink than champagne.

It has free return, so I am going to try how that works out for the first time...

Edit: They already provided me with the return label, so that's good :)

They look a lot like the darevie jerseys to me, with the high pockets, mesh arms, SBS zipper and even the cheesy line. Only real difference I see are the reflector positions on the back

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #189 on: August 23, 2023, 06:05:01 AM »
They look a lot like the darevie jerseys to me, with the high pockets, mesh arms, SBS zipper and even the cheesy line. Only real difference I see are the reflector positions on the back

You could be very much right, since I also have the Deravie and the fit is identical.

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #190 on: August 31, 2023, 06:37:52 AM »
Yesterday I did my first ride with the shirt and I am not really happy with it, but that's more my fault... The S is tight, but the back is also really short. I just can't reach the pockets comfortable or safely while riding...

I ordered the M in the sale. We'll see if this is better.

I received the M today. Bought it last week in sales so I think it cost me about 12€... The fit is much better than the S for my 172cm 63kg. The colour is OK, but I don't know how long the orange will stay nice... We'll see.
It does however smell like canned fish for some reason...  :o So I'll wash it before wearing...

The text on the sleeve is black on the orange shirt, so a little less visible than the reflective text on some colours.

kbernstein

« Reply #191 on: August 31, 2023, 10:13:20 AM »
Coincidentally, I also received my upsized darevie bibs yesterday. My first pair was L because people with my measurements reported good results, but this XL fits me a lot better (L is still okay, just a little tight to put on) for 1m83/75kg
I don't know why all reviews say they match EU sizes, I don't think they do.
Doubt I'll order another darevie jersey though, the arms are amazing but the pockets are pretty bad imo

coffeebreak

« Reply #192 on: September 17, 2023, 09:24:23 AM »
Has anyone returned Darevie jersey? I ordered a size bigger than I usually wear and it's still too small and tight. Wonder if I should have gone with 2 sizes up.

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #193 on: September 17, 2023, 09:32:15 AM »
Has anyone returned Darevie jersey? I ordered a size bigger than I usually wear and it's still too small and tight. Wonder if I should have gone with 2 sizes up.

Does it have free return?

I bought a Rion jersey and returned it with the free return option. All went smooth and received the money back after about 2-3 weeks.

coffeebreak

« Reply #194 on: September 17, 2023, 10:24:56 AM »
They need a photo or video before it's submitted I wonder what do they expect. Just a photo of the jersey? I chose incorrect size description