Author Topic: Chinese cycling clothes  (Read 38926 times)

TidyDinosaur

Re: Chinese cycling clothes
« Reply #225 on: October 03, 2023, 12:09:45 PM »
:o the Darevie bibs increased the prize ... its now more than double now, for € is 74... is this only for my account the case?
Also the jersey got much much much more expensive ?!
Even though I like them .. but that's not possible...I won't buy them again.

I also saw that. It's probably just temporary...
You can find them from other stores much cheaper. They are the cheapest in the "Choice" section... Jersey is now about 17 USD before the 2 USD discount.

kbernstein

« Reply #226 on: October 03, 2023, 12:13:38 PM »
:o the Darevie bibs increased the prize ... its now more than double now, for € is 74... is this only for my account the case?

Saw that today too... Only on the official store thankfully, and the short sleeve jerseys are still the same price (for now?)
Still a bunch of stock on other stores with limited color options, but I don't expect a price tripling to be permanant. Or at least I hope so, I like the bibs a lot

sbellote

« Reply #227 on: October 03, 2023, 02:33:42 PM »
this is popping in a number of topics these days, lots of products increasing in price by absurd amounts\
it's just common practice all over Aliexpress to prepare for the 11.11 sale. Products on Aliexpress are always with some amount of discount, it's always like 30% off over some 'stock' price which is never really practiced, or like 10 days a year tops.
soon it should be back to normal...

also another user pointed out that China is currently in Holidays, back next weekend, and the increase could be to discourage buyers, reduce order amount for a moment, and let them rest these days.
But honestly I don't think it's that, in my experience normally with long Holidays the website or the seller just extends the shipping time, covering their absence. Through chinese new year for example (february) the website normally advises that shipping will take 1-2 extra weeks due to holidays.

Pedaldancer

« Reply #228 on: October 03, 2023, 02:49:16 PM »
this is popping in a number of topics these days, lots of products increasing in price by absurd amounts\
it's just common practice all over Aliexpress to prepare for the 11.11 sale. Products on Aliexpress are always with some amount of discount, it's always like 30% off over some 'stock' price which is never really practiced, or like 10 days a year tops.
soon it should be back to normal...

also another user pointed out that China is currently in Holidays, back next weekend, and the increase could be to discourage buyers, reduce order amount for a moment, and let them rest these days.
But honestly I don't think it's that, in my experience normally with long Holidays the website or the seller just extends the shipping time, covering their absence. Through chinese new year for example (february) the website normally advises that shipping will take 1-2 extra weeks due to holidays.

I hope for the best. I know there are some increases before 11/11 but doubling the price is very crazy.  :o
Currently I am well equipped with wine, purple, teal, grey and black  ;D. But I feel the material itself probably won't last that long. Not because it's bad, but it's rather soft and thin Lycra.

carbonazza

« Reply #229 on: October 03, 2023, 05:26:02 PM »
...I am well equipped with wine, purple, teal, grey and black  ;D...
Same here  :D went on a spending spree early summer, even adding the avocado to the list!

Pedaldancer

« Reply #230 on: October 05, 2023, 02:34:30 PM »
Same here  :D went on a spending spree early summer, even adding the avocado to the list!

;D color flash. Avocado is nice.
By the way: The prices went back to normal.

jonathanf2

« Reply #231 on: October 05, 2023, 05:23:57 PM »
I'm a bit lazy to read through this entire thread. Are there any recommendations for bibs with pockets and thick padding especially in the inner thigh and front crotch area? Some days I just don't want to wear a cycling jersey and I'd rather wear like a loose shirt especially when riding gravel/dirt.

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #232 on: October 06, 2023, 12:10:46 AM »
I'm a bit lazy to read through this entire thread. Are there any recommendations for bibs with pockets and thick padding especially in the inner thigh and front crotch area? Some days I just don't want to wear a cycling jersey and I'd rather wear like a loose shirt especially when riding gravel/dirt.
I recently bought these and like them. Only 2 small pockets so I don't know that's enough for you...
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mPoiEES

nickobec

« Reply #233 on: October 06, 2023, 01:25:38 AM »
;D color flash. Avocado is nice.
Agreed

also own red aka wine/burgundy, brown and purple, as wll as grey from the previous season/design.

kbernstein

« Reply #234 on: October 08, 2023, 10:16:11 AM »
https://aliexpress.com/item/1005005922695020.html

Anyone? Willing to try or already tried? They look pretty good from pictures but at this price I'm a little hesitant

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #235 on: October 08, 2023, 10:30:17 AM »

Anyone? Willing to try or already tried? They look pretty good from pictures but at this price I'm a little hesitant
At that price it is probably cr*p...

sbellote

« Reply #236 on: October 09, 2023, 06:52:05 AM »

by the photos alone the fabric seems the kind of cheap polyester which with time starts to disintegrate - loose threads, color fades, and the sweat smell doesn't go away. Of course, that'd be just what it looks like, but at that price, I wouldn't expect anything different, especially it's an unknown brand.
If you're ok with trying and maybe having to throw away after some months, then maybe worth it..

but imo, with offers from Darevie and Rion on the 'super deals' and such, which end up not being much more expensive, and at least you know the brand and that the fabric is better, I'd say it's better to spend your money on those than on some risky new shirt/brand

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #237 on: October 09, 2023, 07:08:55 AM »
by the photos alone the fabric seems the kind of cheap polyester which with time starts to disintegrate - loose threads, color fades, and the sweat smell doesn't go away. Of course, that'd be just what it looks like, but at that price, I wouldn't expect anything different, especially it's an unknown brand.
If you're ok with trying and maybe having to throw away after some months, then maybe worth it..

but imo, with offers from Darevie and Rion on the 'super deals' and such, which end up not being much more expensive, and at least you know the brand and that the fabric is better, I'd say it's better to spend your money on those than on some risky new shirt/brand

When buying my first set of shirt/bib on ali, I also got a very cheap one, the one with the multi-colored chamois... I did not even wear it once because it is utter garbage... It's not even worth trying.

nickobec

« Reply #238 on: October 09, 2023, 07:37:45 PM »

As somebody who has taken risks and bought AliExpress kit from unknown brands/shops, based on the shop/brands photos, I would not recommend it, unless you have money to throw away. Odds are you will end up with very cheap and nasty kit, with low grade polyester material, poor fit, sizing and other issues.
Been burnt enough times (a few kits worn once or I will never wear)  I take care with what I buy now, stick to the better brands (Specxel, YKYWbike, Darevie, Rion, Cheji, Santic) from reputable sellers.
If you are on a real tight budget you
with offers from Darevie and Rion on the 'super deals' and such, which end up not being much more expensive, and at least you know the brand and that the fabric is better, I'd say it's better to spend your money on those than on some risky new shirt/brand
you are not going to get better value for money kit wise anywhere
« Last Edit: October 16, 2023, 02:55:42 AM by nickobec »

Sebastian

« Reply #239 on: October 15, 2023, 03:56:16 AM »
Can anyone recommend a good set of winter bib tights WITHOUT chamois? I prefer to wear tights over my shorts as I find it a lot comfier. But I can’t find any from Chinese clothing manufacturers.