Author Topic: Chinese cycling clothes  (Read 38709 times)

PLA

Re: Chinese cycling clothes
« Reply #285 on: November 14, 2023, 07:15:50 AM »
The Elastic Interface pad, I have in my YKYWbike and Cheji bibs is the real thing, Paris HP, https://www.elasticinterface.com/cycling-pad/crossover/ which was the same pad in my older DHB Aeron bibs. The newer DHB Aeron bibs have a custom Elastic Interface pad (which is what you can do if you order enough pads from Elastic Interface (like DHB, Assos, Rapha and many more brands).

That said, the Paris HP is older entry level pad. There are much better Elastic Interface pads available, but much more expensive. Think of the Paris HP as the Tiagra of Elastic Interface range. So Chinese brands like YKYWbike, Cheji and Rion are using a cheaper name pad to sell the products as premium.

I do like the Paris HP pad, it works well for me.

the paris hp pad i have on my dhb is defo different to my ykyiykyiuiyykbike one. maybe i got a dud, i dunno *shrug*. the quality of the bibs is good, but the pad is crapola. maybe my experience is different to others idk.
It’s so clearly a LARP of an aero bike.

sbellote

« Reply #286 on: November 14, 2023, 10:28:07 AM »
I have a YKYW bib with one of the 'endurance' pad variations, it's a softer pad it seems...
I don't have any reference, here in Brazil EI pads are hard to come about, and really expensive, so my reference are only other brands.
But this endurance pad is really good, I've got it for nearly 2yrs and it's still (almost) as good as new, it's comfortable and I can ride 4h+ on it without issues, it didn't loose too much density over the years, and I must've used it at least like 70 times
so even if it's fake, it's still very good and worth the price... but then again, this is comparing with other chinese pads, and local brazilian pads

That said, the Paris HP is older entry level pad. There are much better Elastic Interface pads available, but much more expensive. Think of the Paris HP as the Tiagra of Elastic Interface range. So Chinese brands like YKYWbike, Cheji and Rion are using a cheaper name pad to sell the products as premium.

dsveddy

« Reply #287 on: November 14, 2023, 11:08:00 AM »
Anyone got recommendations on a one-piece skinsuit (preferably with pockets)? Looking to find a 'racesuit' type outfit but it seems like there's not much choice from the high quality brands on AliExpress.

As a fellow skinsuit-enjoyer, I've also been looking for one. Here's what my searches have come up with:

-VV Designs/VV Sportswear: Reviews show pockets. Reviews also show the fabric doesn't have aero-ribbing like the photos do

- Spelispos: Aero ribs and pockets--bingo! Except the "real" photos show the shorts have a seam, not that seamless compression band. Bummer. It's a long sleeve, but I have good experience just chopping the sleves in the past to make a SS.

-Velotec: These seem to be the nicest quality, but they also have no reviews. The long-sleeve models have a SINGLE pocket. The open-front-zip model seems to have two pockets. I'm also extremely confused by pricing, the Velotec website doesn't look like a "western" company, but the prices are 10x what they are on AliEx.

Lastly--anyone have experience with these "9D" or "20D" pads they put in these? It seems that across all the companies, you get a "9D" or "20D" pad, I'd love to hear some testimonials on what they're like.

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #288 on: November 14, 2023, 11:13:53 AM »
Lastly--anyone have experience with these "9D" or "20D" pads they put in these? It seems that across all the companies, you get a "9D" or "20D" pad, I'd love to hear some testimonials on what they're like.
Those pads are the worst of the worst. Absolute rubbish!

When I first discovered cycling slothing on Ali I made the mistake of ordering cheap bibs with a pad like that. It went straight to the garbage bin...

dsveddy

« Reply #289 on: November 15, 2023, 06:54:42 AM »
Okay so now that I’ve done some digging and research, I’ve come upon Switfoto, which sells skinsuits and speed suits with an “Italy MITI” chamois…not really sure where it’s actually from but I trust it’s not trash. Suit has good reviews and aero sleeves, which is what I really want.
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrZfCpW

kbernstein

« Reply #290 on: November 15, 2023, 08:29:47 AM »
Okay so now that I’ve done some digging and research, I’ve come upon Switfoto, which sells skinsuits and speed suits with an “Italy MITI” chamois…not really sure where it’s actually from but I trust it’s not trash. Suit has good reviews and aero sleeves, which is what I really want.

This guy has review on it, but be careful it's a trisuit. They also have regular cycling clothes but they are either unavailable (unless I am blind) or overpriced on ali

carbonazza

« Reply #291 on: November 16, 2023, 03:22:26 AM »
...I pulled the trigger on an Ykywbike thermofleece jacket...
I was about to do it too... I'll wait for your feedback then  8)
Which one in particular ?

carbonazza

« Reply #292 on: November 16, 2023, 03:29:56 AM »

Has anyone ever tried sewing the back of a cycling jersey onto a short?
Not as aero as a suit, but easier to have a good top/bottom fit, and keep the jersey in place.

Pedaldancer

« Reply #293 on: November 16, 2023, 03:49:50 AM »
I was about to do it too... I'll wait for your feedback then  8)
Which one in particular ?

The only thermo wmn style  ;D
I am very curious about the fabric. The spexcel thermo fabric is awesome, very thin but warm and insulating. It would be great if the ykywbike was similar. I always chose the Spexcel thermo when I started early at cold temperatures and expected a warm day.

Chose the black grey white style. Pink is forbidden and the tomato red is not that appealing to me.
https://a.aliexpress.com/_EwwPBIV

dsveddy

« Reply #294 on: November 16, 2023, 10:43:04 AM »

Not as aero as a suit, but easier to have a good top/bottom fit, and keep the jersey in place.

For me this is the worst of all worlds. The main reasons I buy skinsuits is the cost savings and the aero benefit. But I suppose if your main concern is preventing the jersey from riding up, I don’t see why not!

I also think any attempt of mine to competently sew shorts to a jersey would be a catastrophe  ;D

dsveddy

« Reply #295 on: November 16, 2023, 10:44:19 AM »
Another update on the skinsuit hunt: anyone here tried KIAE? These look like properly expensive suits unfortunately, but seem to have the latest-and-greatest aero tech + premium EI pads.

aeroskiii

« Reply #296 on: November 16, 2023, 12:00:20 PM »
using a rule28 replica right now
i had them make the sleeves super skinny and you gotta order 1-2 sizes too small and ask for a dif premium thin chamoise along with lighter fabrics

Pedaldancer

« Reply #297 on: November 16, 2023, 03:16:51 PM »

Not yet,  but there is no reason this could not work. Besides the fact that joining to highly elastic parts needs some experience in sewing, especially in deciding how the edges should be aligned. To much tension and it feels bad.. wrong joining and it looks bad...

« Reply #298 on: November 22, 2023, 05:30:52 PM »
Does anyone have recommendations for women's bib shorts?

I just bought a haul of mens bibs from YKYWBike and I'm really impressed, so much so my partner now wants a couple pairs. I've found the women's side of bibs really lacking?? Apart from YKYW I've been looking at Cheji and Darevie - though without ordering those two brands I'm worried I'll set my partner up to fail

PLA

« Reply #299 on: November 23, 2023, 12:31:58 AM »
Another update on the skinsuit hunt: anyone here tried KIAE? These look like properly expensive suits unfortunately, but seem to have the latest-and-greatest aero tech + premium EI pads.

They look decent. You getting one?
It’s so clearly a LARP of an aero bike.