Author Topic: Chinese cycling clothes  (Read 38625 times)

sbellote

Re: Chinese cycling clothes
« Reply #300 on: November 23, 2023, 06:51:58 AM »
Does anyone have recommendations for women's bib shorts?

I just bought a haul of mens bibs from YKYWBike and I'm really impressed, so much so my partner now wants a couple pairs. I've found the women's side of bibs really lacking?? Apart from YKYW I've been looking at Cheji and Darevie - though without ordering those two brands I'm worried I'll set my partner up to fail
since you already know YKYW and she liked the material/quality, I'd say to stick with it
only doubt would be for sizing, on that I'd recommend to go with the size table, and also message the store, the 'YKYWBike Official Store' seller always came through when I had doubts (or issues, also)

kbernstein

« Reply #301 on: November 23, 2023, 07:51:56 AM »
Received aero socks today. Obviously can't try because it's below freezing and unlikely to notice a difference, but wouldn't this stitch line sticking out pretty much negate the aero gains all on its own?

They feel excellent otherwise

PLA

« Reply #302 on: November 23, 2023, 08:09:01 AM »
Received aero socks today. Obviously can't try because it's below freezing and unlikely to notice a difference, but wouldn't this stitch line sticking out pretty much negate the aero gains all on its own?

They feel excellent otherwise

Mine have the seam on the rear..

oversool

« Reply #303 on: November 23, 2023, 08:12:36 AM »
Recently received some clothing from Ali, thought I'd share my opinion :

- Ykywbike Winter Cycling Jersey 5-15°C
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004930149820.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.24.35e35e5bv9GjWN&gatewayAdapt=glo2fra
Material is really soft and confortable on the skin. Also very thick so there are some crease around the belly when seated on the bike, the fit is very tight so I don't think there is a way around that. It's more a jacket than a jersey for me.

- Windproof Waterproof Lightweight Cycling Sleeveless Jacket
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005990967495.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.29.35e35e5bv9GjWN
For the price this is a no brainer imo. Can zip/unzip both ways, fit is snug, material is lightweight. Good for layering.

- Ykywbike Cycling Bib Shorts 3/4
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005947951120.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.47.35e35e5bv9GjWN
Bought in blue, it's really dark navy irl. Very comfortable, I rode for 3 hours last Sunday and all is well, I'll see how the padding holds up. The straps are also wide, which adds to the overall comfort. 3/4 stops mid-shin.

Pedaldancer

« Reply #304 on: November 23, 2023, 12:52:58 PM »
Does anyone have recommendations for women's bib shorts?

I just bought a haul of mens bibs from YKYWBike and I'm really impressed, so much so my partner now wants a couple pairs. I've found the women's side of bibs really lacking?? Apart from YKYW I've been looking at Cheji and Darevie - though without ordering those two brands I'm worried I'll set my partner up to fail

Personally I prefer the Darevie men's bibs because of the pad. I also do have the women's cut. The pad should be the most important thing to fit. And that's very personal.
Darevie Sizing of bibs is : men's S corresponds quite good to women's M. But the exact choice is difficult to tell. I asked the seller told. Him weight and height and also added the distribution of weight (skinny.cyclists upper body) and took this size and it was good.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_Euwbhzb

My women's Ykywbike thermo jacket arrived today.
I AM IMPRESSED.
Sizing instructions from the seller were correct. He suggested to go with Asia S. It's tight as I wanted it. The fabric is very fine quality... i can't of course tell it very clear but I was able to buy some very high quality thermal jersey fabric.. and this feels and looks very much the same.
What is besides that impressive: the sewing is very neatly done , very good. And then zipper is a YKK vislon. This is definitely good stuff if it comes to zippers.
And then there are a couple of reflective applications in the jacket
https://a.aliexpress.com/_EjHOGGl

Photo will be added..

carbonazza

« Reply #305 on: November 24, 2023, 05:17:56 AM »
Personally I prefer the Darevie men's bibs
Yes, I hardly had better shorts than these for the price, just a bit short on legs compared to their other shorts.
I just asked them if they plan to make winter tights with the same pad.
If we are many asking, maybe they will move  8)

My women's Ykywbike thermo jacket arrived today.
Great! I will go and ask them if they have the men equivalent.

Kraxler

« Reply #306 on: November 24, 2023, 06:48:58 AM »
I can recommend the Spexcel long sleeve jersey, linked below, for rides at temperatures around 5 - 10°C in combination with a thin baselayer, or as a jersey under a winter jacket at lower temperatures.

The front of the jersey is lined with fleece so that the wind doesn't get through.

I wear the jersey with a height of 179cm and a weight of 80kg in size XXL and it fits perfectly.

https://de.aliexpress.com/item/1005003545798767.html?spm=a2g0o.store_pc_groupList.8148356.14.1066327e8g0s8V&pdp_npi=4%40dis%21EUR%21%E2%82%AC%2034%2C40%21%E2%82%AC%2025%2C23%21%21%2136.62%2126.86%21%4021038ed817008296443376430e84ce%2112000026236852784%21sh%21DE%211984007265%21

Pedaldancer

« Reply #307 on: November 24, 2023, 08:47:16 AM »
Yes, I hardly had better shorts than these for the price, just a bit short on legs compared to their other shorts.
I just asked them if they plan to make winter tights with the same pad.
If we are many asking, maybe they will move  8)
Great! I will go and ask them if they have the men equivalent.

They have much more men's styles  ;)
Although uncommon for clothing... for cycling clothing women's style is still much less available than men's.
Here are some photos. The thermo jersey is a slightly thinner than the spexcel type. I think it's possible to put it into one of the back bags .. that's what I usually did this summer, when I started early in the cold morning and ended lately in the warm afternoon.  I am not able to freeze the first 2 hours of a daytrip.

« Reply #308 on: November 26, 2023, 12:03:21 AM »
I finally went for a ride in my YKYW bibs and well, the chamois (grey) is too thick in the perineum. The bibs are incredibly soft and well made, but after a quick half hour ride it felt like I'd been straddling a handrail.
I've ordered a Ryet carbon saddle with a generous centre cut out so I'm hoping that'll alleviate that issue - I'm so bummed out because the bibs are so well made.

Would anyone know if it's possible to shave or permanently compress the foam in that area?

Pedaldancer

« Reply #309 on: November 26, 2023, 09:29:03 AM »
I finally went for a ride in my YKYW bibs and well, the chamois (grey) is too thick in the perineum. The bibs are incredibly soft and well made, but after a quick half hour ride it felt like I'd been straddling a handrail.
I've ordered a Ryet carbon saddle with a generous centre cut out so I'm hoping that'll alleviate that issue - I'm so bummed out because the bibs are so well made.

Would anyone know if it's possible to shave or permanently compress the foam in that area?

Cutting something out of the pad will end up in sharp edges. This will probably make it worse. Even if you remove it and cut it from the back. That's not the stuff you can adjust after the foam has been put into shape.
If this pad doesn't suit you,  it's sad, but then this bib is not a good one for you.
 The pad is the most important thing on a bib. I have an expensive Castelli.. can only use it up to 50km.. :(

eddietheengineer

« Reply #310 on: November 26, 2023, 06:41:41 PM »
I've been liking my YKYW kits enough (short sleeve jersey + regular bibs, and then long sleeve lightweight jersey + 3/4 bibs) that I ended up asking for their ~-5 to 10C thermal bibs and jacket and -10C thermal gloves for Christmas. After coupons, the entire set was only $~65 which I was pretty happy with!

kbernstein

« Reply #311 on: November 29, 2023, 07:37:57 AM »
Received YKYW kit and the jersey is COMICALLY large. EU L/Asia XL just like my darevie but it feels like a 3XL to the point I kind of feel scammed
I remember someone (Tidydinosaur?) getting a refund because of a sizing error, I'm considering complaining but don't know how to approach it, do I just tell them it feels way too big? Also what brand did you get a refund from? They were bought from the official YKYW store

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #312 on: November 29, 2023, 07:47:24 AM »
Received YKYW kit and the jersey is COMICALLY large. EU L/Asia XL just like my darevie but it feels like a 3XL to the point I kind of feel scammed
I remember someone (Tidydinosaur?) getting a refund because of a sizing error, I'm considering complaining but don't know how to approach it, do I just tell them it feels way too big? Also what brand did you get a refund from? They were bought from the official YKYW store

Yes, it was me. I ordered a thermal jacket in S, but it was way too small. I ordered a L afterwards and that fit. I recently ordered the M since I've lost some weight. They are frequent choice items so they are about 18USD after coupons.
This was at the beginning of my Ali addiction and before I looked at the size tables. Since checking these I have rarely made that mistake (the Deravie jerseys are very small). I just measure a jersey that fits and compare the size table. I know now that I need about 45cm 1/2 chest size. This can be a S, or an M depending on the brand / model...
The store was"YKYWBIKE YKYWBIKE Cycling Store"

Crash217

« Reply #313 on: November 29, 2023, 10:03:37 AM »
SportSpy Aero Socks;
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/2251832828226613.html

Socks are really nice for $7.44usd I spent on them.  The anti-slip silicone band across the top is nice, and the fit was very nice. I normally wear a 40 shoe.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YKYW Socks;
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256803048314997.html

Great socks for $6.48usd.  The orange color really pops. Sizing is spot on for me I normally wear a 40 shoe.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YKYW Thermal Bib Tights;
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256803116373954.html

Considering they're full length insulated, its a nice bib for $48.  Sizing is just a tad larger than I expected, but the fit is "OK". The chamois sits just a little high/far back for my preference.  Material and insulation is very nice. Have used them down to 40 degrees so far and they are plenty warm riding a MTB in the woods at that temp.  Comparison;  I got some Rion thermal bibs before these that while I appreciated the zippered belly and ankle cuffs, they were much too large for me in the waist/shoulders and too small in the calf/ankle area.  They didn't fit my body shape very well.  I gave them to a buddy of mine who is about 4 inches taller than me and he loves them.

kbernstein

« Reply #314 on: November 29, 2023, 11:29:31 AM »
Yes, it was me. I ordered a thermal jacket in S, but it was way too small. I ordered a L afterwards and that fit. I recently ordered the M since I've lost some weight. They are frequent choice items so they are about 18USD after coupons.
This was at the beginning of my Ali addiction and before I looked at the size tables. Since checking these I have rarely made that mistake (the Deravie jerseys are very small). I just measure a jersey that fits and compare the size table. I know now that I need about 45cm 1/2 chest size. This can be a S, or an M depending on the brand / model...
The store was"YKYWBIKE YKYWBIKE Cycling Store"

What did you say to convince them to give you a refund? Did you admit you ordered the wrong one or gaslit them into thinking they sent the wrong one?
I personally did have references, my darevies are EU L/asia XL and I did check the sizing chart, but it's just so wrong. It should have been my size but it's huge