Author Topic: Lightweight endurance road frame  (Read 4540 times)

ENEP

Lightweight endurance road frame
« on: February 04, 2021, 03:30:01 AM »
Hi

Not been riding road bikes for some years but fingers are itching to build a road bike to put some miles on.
Maybe something similar to Canyon Endurance CF but carbon frame direct sales from china :)

Looking for suggestions for lightweight endurance road carbon frames. (at the moment not interested in an aero/tt-frame)
Good quality product, low weight and trustworthy seller are prioritized, low price is of course a bonus.

Thanks!

don-wea

Re: Lightweight endurance road frame
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2021, 08:31:05 AM »
I've been looking for the same type of frame, but struggled as most of the frames on offer have a more race-oriented geometry. So far the closest I've found is the carbonda CFR 1056. The geometry is very similar to the Endurace indeed. 32c tire clearance, disc brakes and 1050g frame + 480g fork in size M. I'm new to chinese carbon, but from what I've read Carbonda has a good reputation. Maybe this is the one?

svanimpe

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2021, 12:47:27 PM »
The Light Carbon LCG-010D is my go-to all round frame:
https://www.lightcarbon.com/lightcarbon-addict-best-carbon-gravel-bike-frame_p16.html

It may be slightly heavier than the 1056 (my size 58 frame comes in at 1250g incl. hardware, in UD matte finish), but it's cheaper and offers more tyre clearance (and mudguard mounts).

For me it's the perfect frame because I can switch between a gravel and a road bike just by switching wheelsets and turning the clutch on or off :D

mirphak

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2023, 04:41:48 PM »
Hi, I have been also in the search for the grial, I mean the cheap chinese carbon endurance frame. I see most people recommend the carbonda 1056 as the closest thing. I like how it looks and the fact it takes up to 38mm tires. But I am dissapointed at the geometry. The reach is too damn long compared to the Canyon endurance. For the same stack in size L (589mm) the canyon CF7 (size M, 590mm stack) has a reach of 378mm (top tube 543nm) . This one goes up to 385mm (560mm top tube).

There is simply no comparison possible I am afraid... :( . I wish there was at least one chinese manufacturer producing *real* endurance frames like the Roubaix, que Canyon Endurance or the Fuji Gran Fondo...

Velovelo

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2023, 06:11:05 PM »

Canyon Endurace =>>

- vb-r-066
- OG-EVKIN CF-025

Yunglord

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2023, 10:33:44 PM »
as @Velovelo mentionned the Canyon Endurace has two open mold brothers or sisters that are available for cheap.

I previously rode on a Canyon Endurace CF SL 8.0 Disc and it's a great frame for long rides and it could take 32C tires no problem.

svanimpe

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2023, 12:28:11 AM »
@mirpak: Yeah,  it's hard to find really low reach on Chinese frames. The Carbonda's are still the best fit for me, and if you go for the 696 gravel frame (long wheelbase, slacker angles) you can get away with a short stem (80-90mm). This isn't possible with endurance frames such as the 1056, as their wheelbase is much shorter, so you need a longer (normal sized) stem for stable handling.

You could try one of these:
https://www.yishunbike.com/product/g075-d-gravel/
https://www.yishunbike.com/product/g085-dgravel/

Yishun is a big OEM, and I believe they don't offer custom painting on single frame orders, but the quality so far has been excellent.

mirphak

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2023, 03:55:39 AM »

Canyon Endurace =>>

- vb-r-066
- OG-EVKIN CF-025

At least for the og evkin the geometry does not match at all. Much shorter head tube, much longer reach and top tube. Not an endurance frame and not a sibling of the canyon.

Pedaldancer

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2023, 09:45:18 AM »
There are some short frames at Workswell.
But you need to check whether you can buy them in your country or not. Unfortunately their webpage doesn't tell you which frames are available in which country. So you need to write an email.

One of them was quite a good match to my wmn endurace, but i don't remember the exact model.
I also think tantan offers some shorter frames.

mirphak

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2023, 03:01:29 PM »
This one you mean? https://www.workswellbikes.com/endurance/wcb-r-256-disc-brake.html

That is the closest thing to an endurance frame they offer, yet still 20mm lower stack for the same top tube and reach compared to the canyon. The chinese manufacturers are really missing some potential buyers here !!! .

svanimpe

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2023, 04:29:27 PM »
@mirphak, did you check https://www.yishunbike.com/product/g075-d-gravel/?

Their size 56 has stack 589 with reach 374. Yes, the wheelbase is slightly longer and the angles slightly slacker, but if you're that worried about getting a low reach, then I assume you're already running a short stem, in which case you'll benefit from a stabler geometry.

Pedaldancer

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2023, 04:49:31 PM »
This one you mean? https://www.workswellbikes.com/endurance/wcb-r-256-disc-brake.html

That is the closest thing to an endurance frame they offer, yet still 20mm lower stack for the same top tube and reach compared to the canyon. The chinese manufacturers are really missing some potential buyers here !!! .

Yes. Wer seem to be on different en ds of the sizes. In the 48 its only 5 or 6mm lower than my endurace. Then maybe tantan had something? Since I wasn't looking for an endurance frame recently I don't know. I just noticed that tan tan also had a small and short Gravel frame.

Yunglord

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2023, 08:21:12 PM »
The VBR 066D is literally the same stack/reach with a slightly shorter top tube / seattube

mirphak

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2023, 12:07:44 AM »
Super long legs (86cm) for a short torso (175cm height), so yes, I am worried about short reach and high stack.

Velovelo

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2023, 05:54:14 PM »
Super long legs (86cm) for a short torso (175cm height), so yes, I am worried about short reach and high stack.

Whats's your current bike frame model and size, including headset spacers used if any and stem length?
Also are you currently using a seat post with a setback?

For the vb-r-066 and CF-025 I was looking more towards the physical looks actually. They look 99.999% similar to the Canyon Endurace.
Geometry wise they could turn out to be endurance frame for others though, since everyone's body type is different. A few spacers, stem length etc can be use to fit a frame on person to person basis within certain margins.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2023, 06:02:54 PM by Velovelo »