Author Topic: Velobuild VB-R-168 Frame  (Read 200704 times)

cramy

Re: Velobuild VB-R-168 Frame
« Reply #1065 on: May 31, 2022, 02:24:30 AM »
they really need to increase the QC, I saw a velobuild.bike account on the forum, found it strange why they are not coming here to comment and help our friend with his bad experience.

Now reading this, it will push people to buy somewhere else.

« Reply #1066 on: May 31, 2022, 01:18:25 PM »
Hello all

We are sorry for the troubles some of you have been experiencing with your Velobuild frames. We want to let you know that we are working on resolving these cases. If you still need help please get in touch at info@velobuild.com and we will do our best to resolve the problem.

The feedback shared in the thread is being reviewed and taken into account to improve our QC processes. We appreciate your understanding as we strive to offer the best quality products while keeping costs down.

bamboo_mountain

« Reply #1067 on: May 31, 2022, 06:37:04 PM »
Hello all

We are sorry for the troubles some of you have been experiencing with your Velobuild frames. We want to let you know that we are working on resolving these cases. If you still need help please get in touch at info@velobuild.com and we will do our best to resolve the problem.

The feedback shared in the thread is being reviewed and taken into account to improve our QC processes. We appreciate your understanding as we strive to offer the best quality products while keeping costs down.

What are you proposing to do? Replacement frames with better QC for those of us that got burned? I'm not sure anything short of that will really help. When I was emailing with Chris he was pretty dismissive of my issues and even suggested I sand off the lump on my fork crown... ::)

I did get a replacement part for my seatpost but it was quite an effort and he initially denied that there was a problem at all. Not exactly great customer service if you ask me, and hardly "resolved".

cramy

« Reply #1068 on: June 01, 2022, 12:40:00 AM »
Hello all

Spending 1h for a proper QC will allow you not to spend hours to try to solve problem with angry customer. Maybe something to consider.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2022, 02:32:19 AM by cramy »

planet_sammy

« Reply #1069 on: June 01, 2022, 02:16:48 AM »
I am very curious to see how Velobuild.Bikes will respond to the comments in the forum. Actually I had planned to press the order button in the next few days, now I will wait and see how the discussion develops and look for alternatives if so nothing changes in the quality of the framesets...

Irideslowly

« Reply #1070 on: June 01, 2022, 04:28:32 AM »
The better alternative is to order from Longteng bikes.

planet_sammy

« Reply #1071 on: June 01, 2022, 05:11:06 AM »
The better alternative is to order from Longteng bikes.

I'll take a look at the dealer, thanks for the tip

cramy

« Reply #1072 on: June 01, 2022, 05:22:26 AM »
tantan x33 also

Irideslowly

« Reply #1073 on: June 01, 2022, 07:03:35 AM »
tantan x33 also

Someone on the WW forums said longteng/seraph/tantan are the same people. A few months ago, their skype link on their respective websites redirected to the same person.

1Sigma

« Reply #1074 on: June 01, 2022, 07:26:08 AM »
Someone on the WW forums said longteng/seraph/tantan are the same people. A few months ago, their skype link on their respective websites redirected to the same person.

Seraph and Tantan for sure - Seraph is just their marketed brand I believe.
Not sure about Longteng
Better than average - Extra Average

1Sigma

« Reply #1075 on: June 01, 2022, 08:06:42 AM »
Hello all

Thank you for responding.  I think if you ask people here, QC is probably the most important aspect Vb needs to focus on.

Anecdotally, most of the issues seem to be around:
1) missing or incorrect hardware
2) poor machining of hardware or mounting points on the frame
3) incorrect or sloppy paint job
4) “bait and switch” specifically around handlebars
5) poor after sales service

The frames themselves are fine.

The customer expectation is that they will receive exactly what they have ordered, and not have to contact for after service support.
Because, let’s be honest, after sales support is weak and aside from receiving a broken frame in the mail, the VB warranty is almost useless.

It is also in VBs interest to take the extra time to ensure an order is correct and free of defects.
Consider how much time and money is wasted dealing with after sale complaints, as well as the loss of reputation when these complaints are shared on forums?

Ideally, VB wants to be in a position where you will never hear from a customer again, unless it is to buy another frame.

I am not saying this to complain.  Rather, I say this because I would like to see VB succeed. And these QC issues are seriously harming your business
Better than average - Extra Average

cramy

« Reply #1076 on: June 02, 2022, 03:45:05 AM »
Thank you for responding.  I think if you ask people here, QC is probably the most important aspect Vb needs to focus on.

Anecdotally, most of the issues seem to be around:
1) missing or incorrect hardware
2) poor machining of hardware or mounting points on the frame
3) incorrect or sloppy paint job
4) “bait and switch” specifically around handlebars
5) poor after sales service

The frames themselves are fine.

The customer expectation is that they will receive exactly what they have ordered, and not have to contact for after service support.
Because, let’s be honest, after sales support is weak and aside from receiving a broken frame in the mail, the VB warranty is almost useless.

It is also in VBs interest to take the extra time to ensure an order is correct and free of defects.
Consider how much time and money is wasted dealing with after sale complaints, as well as the loss of reputation when these complaints are shared on forums?

Ideally, VB wants to be in a position where you will never hear from a customer again, unless it is to buy another frame.

I am not saying this to complain.  Rather, I say this because I would like to see VB succeed. And these QC issues are seriously harming your business

You sum up the perfect answer, and improvement points to be checked, for sure it will harm the business, why gamble when you can pay a little extra somewhere else and be sure of the quality.

I also hope VB will take all your point in consideration, and hope to see them succeed in the future.

braincore

« Reply #1077 on: June 05, 2022, 06:19:32 PM »
Almost done with a new VB-186, but while working on the rear derailleur, I realized that instead of shifter cable housing I used brake cable housing. Anyone done this before? Is it no big deal or should I redo all my cabling?

patliean1

« Reply #1078 on: June 05, 2022, 06:44:15 PM »
Almost done with a new VB-186, but while working on the rear derailleur, I realized that instead of shifter cable housing I used brake cable housing. Anyone done this before? Is it no big deal or should I redo all my cabling?

You should redo the cabling for two reasons:

1. Quality shift cables (outer/housing) have lubrication properties inside them that aid in smooth and slick shifting for the inner cables. Obviously, brake housing does not.

2. Not using the correct cable housing will slowing annoy you more and more over time. Save yourself the trouble of having to disassemble everything later and just fix it now.

carbonazza

« Reply #1079 on: June 05, 2022, 07:58:23 PM »
If you used compressionless housing, you 'll be fine.