Author Topic: Short reach carbon handlebars  (Read 1025 times)

svanimpe

Short reach carbon handlebars
« on: February 19, 2021, 02:49:47 PM »
Does anyone have any recommendations on affordable carbon handlebars with a low (65-75mm) reach? Some flare and rise are welcome too.

svanimpe

Re: Short reach carbon handlebars
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2022, 06:25:43 AM »
This question is still relevant, but unanswered :-\  I've found bars from OG Evkin, Toseek, and Zniino, but they either have no flare, or way too much (30°).

carbonazza

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2022, 06:33:57 AM »
Did you check the CGB01 from Carbonda ?
https://www.carbonda.com/accessory/handlebar/123.html
I have it on my gravel, and love it.
It is 80mm reach though. And 15º flare.
And it allows internal routing.
And... I have one new to sell ;)

svanimpe

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2022, 10:10:20 AM »
Yes, I've looked at it, but the reach is still too long for me, and the flat clamping area seems to narrow (50mm) to also fit accessories. What are your experiences with the latter?

And do you recall the price? I'll be ordering a frame from them soon, so I may consider adding one to my order anyway.

zilcho

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2022, 12:18:26 PM »
I use the same handlebar and love the dimensions on it. You are correct though about the clamping area and using accessories. With a Kalloy Uno stem there is not enough space left for anything to clamp on to the bar and you would need to use something that mounts to the stem plate. The cost was $80 in April of 2020 when I ordered it along with a frame and some other parts.

carbonazza

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2022, 02:30:46 PM »
Like Zilcho, with a Kalloy Uno.

A CM-02 carbon stem plate mount from og-evkin.
With a 3D printed Karoo mount screwed on top.
And a GoPro mount below for a light.

The bar  was $85 few months ago.

svanimpe

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2022, 04:01:49 PM »
Unfortunately, stem plate mounts don't work well with a positive angle stem (which I pretty much always require), as it rotates the bike computer screen too much upwards  :-\