Author Topic: Integrated handlebar  (Read 824 times)

vexy

Integrated handlebar
« on: February 22, 2021, 01:14:54 PM »
Hi,
I want to buy an integrated handlebar&stem for my Scott Addict 2019. I saw that all of the main chinese factories like Hongfu,Dengfu,Carbonda etc. are also selling handlebars beside frames. I saw on Aliexpress a lot of products aswell, starting from 40$. I don't want to buy the cheapest but also i don't want to spend 300$ on a Farsports F1.
Did anyone buy such a handlebar? Any recomandations? My Scott has di2 and hydraulic brakes and i would like to integrate  the cables as much as i can .

svanimpe

Re: Integrated handlebar
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2021, 03:30:36 PM »
I've used the Light Carbon HBR07, and it was very high quality. Although I would only recommend it with electronic groupsets, as the holes are too small to fit both a hydraulic hose and an outer cable.

vexy

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2021, 04:23:52 AM »
Hi, thanks for the answear. Is it stiff enough?

svanimpe

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2021, 06:22:46 AM »
For me it was, but I'm not a high power rider.
In general, I found them very comfortable and a good fit (although it turned out I needed a smaller size). My only issue was that the included mount doesn't support Wahoo, and Wahoo's 2-bolt mount doesn't fit these handlebars. However, I did find one on AliExpress that works great.

FHS

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2021, 05:47:28 PM »
Yeah, that basic design is sold by a ton of vendors. The TanTan version is what they supply with the frame I purchased from them. it's fine, pretty stiff, came with my frame, but not too expensive to buy seperately.  But svanimp is right about hoses and cabeling. They will fit, but it's a tight fit and you'll have to make sure you run the cables through the bars, head tube, and frame with enough precision to allow the cables to fit without screwing up your braking and shifting.

If I ever have any more issues, at all, with cabling, hoses, my headset, damage the handlebars, I'm going to save up for a more user friendly and serviceable set up.