Author Topic: Velobuild VB-R-177  (Read 56649 times)

patliean1

Re: Velobuild VB-R-177
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2021, 01:37:52 PM »
Final weight without bottle cages, computer mount, or pedals: 7.6kg
Difficult to tell in the photos but the paint is chameleon blue and purple. Blurple.

Size M
120mm Stem
400mm Handlebars

NovellaNovelli

« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2021, 04:23:06 PM »
@patliean1

Bike looks fantastic, be sure to let us know how it rides (perhaps when it warms up  ;D)

hazzer19

« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2021, 05:49:10 PM »
Difficult to tell in the photos but the paint is chameleon blue and purple. Blurple.

Size M
120mm Stem
400mm Handlebars

Take my money!!!!

patliean1

« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2021, 09:16:30 AM »
First Impressions video is live. VeloBuild also sent me an EPS latex molding of the frame, as well as a broken down cut up carbon frame to inspect the insides of the frame. I discuss this in the video. Pretty cool!

« Last Edit: December 23, 2021, 09:21:54 AM by patliean1 »

Liter

« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2021, 10:14:15 AM »
First Impressions video is live. VeloBuild also sent me an EPS latex molding of the frame, as well as a broken down cut up carbon frame to inspect the insides of the frame. I discuss this in the video. Pretty cool!

Great video! I did my first ride with the 177 and I really liked the feeling of the ride compared to the VB-099. The 177 feels more nimble/agile and compliant over uneven roads, considering most of my rides are over bad tarmac I really liked the change. As for the fork issue with the rivet not being parallel, Velobuild was nice enough to send me a new one, once I get the new fork I will update the ride experience.

My bike weighs 8.1KG with 105 Groupset and Elite DT240 Wheels (38MM)

patliean1

« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2021, 10:57:26 AM »
Nice decals!! VeloBuild has been great to work with.

FHS

« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2021, 02:00:42 PM »
Thanks for the video! Nice to see our own Snacks  commenting.  ;)

patliean1

« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2021, 02:51:48 PM »
Great video! I did my first ride with the 177 and I really liked the feeling of the ride compared to the VB-099. The 177 feels more nimble/agile and compliant over uneven roads, considering most of my rides are over bad tarmac I really liked the change. As for the fork issue with the rivet not being parallel, Velobuild was nice enough to send me a new one, once I get the new fork I will update the ride experience.

My bike weighs 8.1KG with 105 Groupset and Elite DT240 Wheels (38MM)

Where did you get that rubber seatpost seal/cover?

Liter

« Reply #53 on: December 26, 2021, 03:58:21 PM »
Where did you get that rubber seatpost seal/cover?

Easy to find on aliexpress

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mLyaygo

sm

« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2021, 03:28:41 AM »
Thanks for sharing your projects!

Can I compare the frame sizes to a Scott Addict?
i.e. would size M fit for a body height ~ 175 cm and size L for ~ 185 cm?

Do you know why there are two velobuild websites?
velobuild.com and velobuildmall.com
Is one of them a fake/scam website - where should i order?

Velovelo

« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2021, 07:10:25 AM »

Size M
120mm Stem
400mm Handlebars

How is the 177 ride experience so far?
How is the stiffness of the separate stem and handlebar setup?
I have notice the Velobuild HB011 integrated handlebar flexes too much especially on the drops. I wonder if anybody observed this same issue with that handlebar?

patliean1

« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2021, 10:07:11 AM »

How is the 177 ride experience so far?
How is the stiffness of the separate stem and handlebar setup?
I have notice the Velobuild HB011 integrated handlebar flexes too much especially on the drops. I wonder if anybody observed this same issue with that handlebar?

Sadly Winter has finally hit Chicago. Only have been able to to put about 125mi/200km on the bike.

First Impressions: Coming from an Allez Sprint as my primary bike (which personally isn't as harsh as people say) I was surprised how comfortable and compliant the ride quality is. Chicago has notoriously bad roads so it's something you're always aware of. You can hear the bad pavement with the 177, you just don't really "feel" them. For comparison sake, I am running the Hyper 65s and GP5000s on both my Allez Sprint and 177 (for now).

The separate handlebar/stem combo is plenty stiff enough. I'm not a sprinter so my max watt is like 1000w, maybe 1100w on my best day. No flexing as far I can tell. One thing to note with the separate handlebar/stem, is that getting the compression plug and expander bolt to properly take up all the slack/play in the fork has been tricky. Perhaps I just need to cut the steerer a little shorter to allow the dust cap to further compress without crushing it.

Lastly, I did order some 38mm deep wheels from VeloBuild. They should be here hopefully today or tomorrow. Curious to see how much they weigh.

Velovelo

« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2021, 10:23:23 PM »
Sadly Winter has finally hit Chicago. Only have been able to to put about 125mi/200km on the bike.

First Impressions: Coming from an Allez Sprint as my primary bike (which personally isn't as harsh as people say) I was surprised how comfortable and compliant the ride quality is. Chicago has notoriously bad roads so it's something you're always aware of. You can hear the bad pavement with the 177, you just don't really "feel" them. For comparison sake, I am running the Hyper 65s and GP5000s on both my Allez Sprint and 177 (for now).

The separate handlebar/stem combo is plenty stiff enough. I'm not a sprinter so my max watt is like 1000w, maybe 1100w on my best day. No flexing as far I can tell. One thing to note with the separate handlebar/stem, is that getting the compression plug and expander bolt to properly take up all the slack/play in the fork has been tricky. Perhaps I just need to cut the steerer a little shorter to allow the dust cap to further compress without crushing it.

Lastly, I did order some 38mm deep wheels from VeloBuild. They should be here hopefully today or tomorrow. Curious to see how much they weigh.

Thanks for the feedback. Looking at the stack in the 177 geometry chart I reckon most tall people will have to order extra spacers if they are building this as an endurance / comfort kinda build. Roughly measuring from the floor to handlebars I foresee needing extra spacers to replicate my current stack on the 099/TT-X21 frame.

Velovelo

« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2021, 10:37:10 PM »
Thanks for sharing your projects!

Can I compare the frame sizes to a Scott Addict?
i.e. would size M fit for a body height ~ 175 cm and size L for ~ 185 cm?

Do you know why there are two velobuild websites?
velobuild.com and velobuildmall.com
Is one of them a fake/scam website - where should i order?

You can try open three browsers side by side with the geometry chart of both bike frames and your current bike geometry chart to compare all three. Also put into consideration any setbacks of the seat post when calculating the reach / top tube length.

Velobuild actually owns both websites and I noticed if you create a user account in one of the sites it actually works on both sites automatically and you can track your order on both sites.
However you can email Chris "chris@velobuild.com" to double confirm.

TomTailor

« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2021, 08:43:44 AM »
You can try open three browsers side by side with the geometry chart of both bike frames and your current bike geometry chart to compare all three. Also put into consideration any setbacks of the seat post when calculating the reach / top tube length.

ItsĀ“s easier to compare at geometrygeeks.bike