Author Topic: Velobuild VB-R-177  (Read 57712 times)

patliean1

Re: Velobuild VB-R-177
« Reply #105 on: February 26, 2022, 10:18:43 AM »
Really nice! I noticed you are using a full mechanical groupset, how difficult was it to route the cables through the velobuild bar/stem?

It's never easy.

pearl

« Reply #106 on: March 02, 2022, 03:42:35 PM »
Well, just patlien1 sold another blurple 177, stoked to jam some 32s on it!

patliean1

« Reply #107 on: March 02, 2022, 03:49:36 PM »
Well, just patlien1 sold another blurple 177, stoked to jam some 32s on it!

Wicked! Can't wait to see the build!

pearl

« Reply #108 on: March 02, 2022, 03:58:39 PM »
Wicked! Can't wait to see the build!
won't be too exciting since its just taking my old hydro rival 22 off my old bike, but stoked none-the-less! L frame with a 120 (hoping it's the 125mm stem you talked about) should look super dope.

Liter

« Reply #109 on: March 04, 2022, 11:28:22 AM »
Turns out the headset still showing play, the only solution is removing the carbon topcap and using a traditional top cap (which leave the stem open for water/dirt). I bought a Stem from Deda, the Superbox, hoping to be the final solution, but the compression ring is a bit taller than the one from Velobuild, I assembled the stem anyway. In the picture you can see the space between the headsetcup and the frame

Deda might have a solution, but I´m too tire to disassemble the HS, would anyone know the bearing and cup size of the headset upper part?

Email from Deda:

-          The height of the upper bearing shell (our headset features 8,7mm upper bearing shell height, but we can check if there is solution for your frame).

Irideslowly

« Reply #110 on: March 06, 2022, 01:30:34 PM »
Turns out the headset still showing play, the only solution is removing the carbon topcap and using a traditional top cap (which leave the stem open for water/dirt). I bought a Stem from Deda, the Superbox, hoping to be the final solution, but the compression ring is a bit taller than the one from Velobuild, I assembled the stem anyway. In the picture you can see the space between the headsetcup and the frame

Deda might have a solution, but I´m too tire to disassemble the HS, would anyone know the bearing and cup size of the headset upper part?

Email from Deda:

-          The height of the upper bearing shell (our headset features 8,7mm upper bearing shell height, but we can check if there is solution for your frame).

I am waiting for the solution. I purchasd the superbox stem, but haven't installed it.

cwchee

« Reply #111 on: March 07, 2022, 07:26:16 AM »
Wow! That's the best executed open mould build I've ever seen

If you're in Singapore/Malaysia and aren't camera shy, would you consider appearing on an Oompa Loompa Cycling video? The world needs to see your build up close and personal!

Haha. I do see his videos.
Yes I'm based in Singapore
Currently not able to ride as i injured my toe ligament, need months to heal.
Maybe once I'm healed, we can go for a ride if you want to see my bike

slosada

« Reply #112 on: March 07, 2022, 02:19:16 PM »
Hi, guys,

Has anyone experienced delays with Velobuild?
I placed and order mid January. The frame is 177 with paint and decals.

They offered to customize the wheels as per my liking (Bitex 312 and SapimCX) at an extra cost. Which might be the main delay.

patliean1

« Reply #113 on: March 07, 2022, 02:59:54 PM »
Hi, guys,

Has anyone experienced delays with Velobuild?
I placed and order mid January. The frame is 177 with paint and decals.

They offered to customize the wheels as per my liking (Bitex 312 and SapimCX) at an extra cost. Which might be the main delay.

What was the turn around time they quoted you when placing your order for the frame, paint, and custom wheels?

slosada

« Reply #114 on: March 07, 2022, 03:49:30 PM »
They didn't set any ETA.  I ordered one week before Chinese New Year (they could have placed the order for the hub and spokes)
Assuming normal turnaround times for the frame, it's 7 days for painted frames (plus 15 holidays), by Feb 7 the frame should have been ready.
I did a followup on Feb 18, and Chris only mentioned the frame to be in the paint shop, and that he would keep me posted

Estimating one month delay on getting the spokes and hubs, the wheels should have been ready late February. 

We are now in 2nd week in March and no updates so far.

bamboo_mountain

« Reply #115 on: March 07, 2022, 06:40:04 PM »
I just ordered a 168 from Velobuild and Chris told me it would take 10 days to paint.

PeteyPablo

« Reply #116 on: March 07, 2022, 09:28:49 PM »
They didn't set any ETA.  I ordered one week before Chinese New Year (they could have placed the order for the hub and spokes)
Assuming normal turnaround times for the frame, it's 7 days for painted frames (plus 15 holidays), by Feb 7 the frame should have been ready.
I did a followup on Feb 18, and Chris only mentioned the frame to be in the paint shop, and that he would keep me posted

Estimating one month delay on getting the spokes and hubs, the wheels should have been ready late February. 

I ordered around the same time and have been less than impressed with the updates/communication. I just got asked to pay more for shipping… since they changed providers. Be prepared if you ordered wheels too.

slosada

« Reply #117 on: March 08, 2022, 08:05:38 AM »

Just to update you guys,  Chris says they will ship this week.  The issue was getting the hubs

StiffWeenies

« Reply #118 on: March 10, 2022, 08:20:13 AM »

Haha. I do see his videos.
Yes I'm based in Singapore
Currently not able to ride as i injured my toe ligament, need months to heal.
Maybe once I'm healed, we can go for a ride if you want to see my bike

I'm just an overseas fan of his videos. I used to travel to Singapore often for work pre-pandemic though.

Hope you get better soon and ride your bike in good health!

Irideslowly

« Reply #119 on: March 14, 2022, 06:59:35 PM »

Email from Deda:

Any update on this?