Author Topic: Velobuild VB-R-177  (Read 57690 times)

pearl

Re: Velobuild VB-R-177
« Reply #330 on: February 16, 2023, 08:42:00 AM »
I found my custom paint to be acceptable for what I paid! If you like something go for it!

gruengelb

« Reply #331 on: February 19, 2023, 08:48:47 AM »
I found my custom paint to be acceptable for what I paid! If you like something go for it!

thank you for letting me know!

renosparks

« Reply #332 on: March 08, 2023, 04:57:47 AM »
Hi all, after waiting 'patiently' my 177 frame finally arrived and the colour looks great, quality looks to be good. Very excited to start the build process. I had a question regarding the crownrace. This is my first build, so excuse if it's a stupid question.

As I push it on and does not seem to sit flush with the 'shoulder' of the fork. Is this correct? I cannot push it any further down. Is this done purposely or is the racer incorrect? To note it fits the bearings perfectly which also fit well in the frame.

JohnnyRabbit

« Reply #333 on: March 08, 2023, 06:06:49 AM »
Hi all, after waiting 'patiently' my 177 frame finally arrived and the colour looks great, quality looks to be good. Very excited to start the build process. I had a question regarding the crownrace. This is my first build, so excuse if it's a stupid question.

As I push it on and does not seem to sit flush with the 'shoulder' of the fork. Is this correct? I cannot push it any further down. Is this done purposely or is the racer incorrect? To note it fits the bearings perfectly which also fit well in the frame.

It looks like you have a fork with an integrated crownrace so you don't need that. The bearing is going to sit directly on the fork.

mesosbrodleto

« Reply #334 on: March 08, 2023, 10:04:08 AM »
Anyone has noise coming from the headset/spacer? I am using the integrated handlebar from velobuild and I hear a "click" everytime I put load on the handlebar. I suspect it could be the cables entering on the head tube, they are very compressed (i have shimano di2 11v, so 4 cables are passing through the head tube). It could also be due to the spacers, I still have 3 of them installed.

gruengelb

« Reply #335 on: March 12, 2023, 05:38:13 AM »
Hey all, i am currently waiting for my frame and i need to buy some missing parts. I bought a used 105 r7000 group which came without bolts. The velobuild websites states that the frame is made for 160 mm rotors. Since i also got 160 mm rotors i don't need to buy an adapter right? Can anyone tell me what kind of bolts i need to mount the brake calipers on the front and back? I guess i need the type c ones but i am totally in the dark about the length... Thank you!!!

s3si1u

« Reply #336 on: March 12, 2023, 05:04:13 PM »
Hey all, i am currently waiting for my frame and i need to buy some missing parts. I bought a used 105 r7000 group which came without bolts. The velobuild websites states that the frame is made for 160 mm rotors. Since i also got 160 mm rotors i don't need to buy an adapter right? Can anyone tell me what kind of bolts i need to mount the brake calipers on the front and back? I guess i need the type c ones but i am totally in the dark about the length... Thank you!!!

You will always need an adapter for the fork, the flippable 140/160 kind. For the rear you can run a 140 rotor naked but will need an adapter for 160

gruengelb

« Reply #337 on: March 13, 2023, 01:41:55 AM »
You will always need an adapter for the fork, the flippable 140/160 kind. For the rear you can run a 140 rotor naked but will need an adapter for 160

Ok thank you! -that already helps a lot

gruengelb

« Reply #338 on: March 20, 2023, 07:46:59 AM »
I ordered my frame on the 24th of february and it arrived on the 15th of march. I used DPD XBD shipping method in order to not pay any customs (according to Chris) to Austria. Not too bad i would say. Overall the frame seems to be fine but there are some scratches (see images). Would you say this should be expected if you buy a chinese frame or shall i contact velobuild about it?

Also, for anybody interested, I asked velobuild to provide some torque values for the frame. Here is what Chris replied:

Stem lock on fork 5.0Nm
Seat clamp lock on seat post 5.5Nm
Seat post lock saddle 8.0Nm

Cheers!

PS: sorry for the feed pic...

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #339 on: March 20, 2023, 08:59:43 AM »
That paint on the bottle cage mount looks really crappy... It looks as if they had to remove the original rivnut when painted, pulled some paint with it, and put a new rivnut in. It's very different from the other bottle cage mounting point in the picture...
It will be almost invisible when you put a bottle cage on there, but they should not have sent it to you like that...

gruengelb

« Reply #340 on: March 20, 2023, 10:02:10 AM »
That paint on the bottle cage mount looks really crappy... It looks as if they had to remove the original rivnut when painted, pulled some paint with it, and put a new rivnut in. It's very different from the other bottle cage mounting point in the picture...
It will be almost invisible when you put a bottle cage on there, but they should not have sent it to you like that...

Your description matches quite well with the paint damage I see. Thanks for reassuring -  I will definetly contact Velobuild about it.

gruengelb

« Reply #341 on: March 20, 2023, 10:11:58 AM »

Do you think I should cover it with some kind of paint? Basically, the frame is not painted at this location and therefore exposed to sunlight and water etc., right?

pearl

« Reply #342 on: March 21, 2023, 07:16:30 AM »
While that paint mishap sucks, I wouldn't fret about it. Once you put a bottle cage over it you'll be good to go.

gruengelb

« Reply #343 on: March 21, 2023, 01:07:10 PM »
While that paint mishap sucks, I wouldn't fret about it. Once you put a bottle cage over it you'll be good to go.

Yeah it's not that big of a deal. Anyhow, i wrote Chris and (after a little bit of haggling) he agreed to send me a a saddle for free! I am quite happy about it!
Anybody has a velobuild saddle here? Not sure which one i should get...

BerndSon

« Reply #344 on: March 22, 2023, 03:20:58 PM »
Yeah it's not that big of a deal. Anyhow, i wrote Chris and (after a little bit of haggling) he agreed to send me a a saddle for free! I am quite happy about it!
Anybody has a velobuild saddle here? Not sure which one i should get...

Hi, i´ve just received this saddle (http://www.velobuild.com/products/carbon-fiber-saddle-with-pu-wrapped) together with my Frame and other parts.
Just built the bike today and did not manage to do a ride, so what i can say is that it looks well made and fits the Seatpost-interface.
The "PU-wrapping" looks quite convenient but the overlay does not overlap the edge of the saddle and ends exactly where the thigh normally rubs past with each pedal. I'm afraid that this will rub on the thigh on the one hand and possibly also loosen after some time.

Will report more details as soon as i did some kilometers.