Author Topic: NEW FIXED GEAR (Newfix)  (Read 2561 times)

myxo

NEW FIXED GEAR (Newfix)
« on: April 15, 2021, 08:45:12 AM »

In 2020, I invented a new bike gear: the new fixed gear.
The new bike transmission is designed for bicycles with muscle drive for public roads (highway).
The fixed gear has an intermediate shaft to which an additional pair of cranks with pedals is attached.
I made a valid model of a bicycle on a frame made of AISI 304 steel with the following gear ratio: (48/17) x (53/22) = 6.8. In inches it is 6.8x26 = 176.8 ".
In the preliminary run-in, the NewFixedGear weighing 17.5 kg was faster than my Polo & Bike fixed gear weighing 10.4 kg.
This season, testing of the project will continue.
I will be glad who will start making such devices for themselves and are ready to cooperate.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2021, 12:06:03 AM by myxo »

Oops!

myxo

Re: NEW FIXED GEAR (Newfix)
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2021, 12:14:18 AM »
General view notarized drawing:

Oops!

myxo

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2021, 12:25:09 AM »
Some stages of construction:

Oops!

myxo

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2021, 12:34:56 AM »
The theoretically achievable maximum cadence speed of this assembly is 120 RPM: 2mx120RPMx6.8x0.06 = 98 km / h.
Maximum speed in starting gear: 2mx120RPMx (48/17) x0.06 = 40.7 km / h.
Где:
2m - длина окружности колеса;
6.8 - total gear ratio (motor transmission).
Oops!

myxo

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2021, 12:38:29 AM »
Oops!

myxo

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2021, 01:22:37 AM »
Oops!

carbonazza

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2021, 02:15:55 AM »
Air resistance will surprise you, and some watts will be necessary to reach 98km/h  :)

myxo

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2021, 02:43:51 AM »
I thought about this thing before.
I discovered the phenomenon of energy recovery in fixed gear transmissions.
The wheel is essentially a flywheel, and the flywheel is a mechanical energy storage.
In the fixed gear, the flywheel is rigidly connected to the connecting rods from which the accumulated energy is removed without the clutch only with the help of the legs.
Usually, the calculations take the action of kinetic energy when moving along a plane, forgetting about the potential energy on descents.
In addition, a transmission with a countershaft multiplies the internal stored energy in comparison with conventional transmissions.
The energy of the cyclist on the descent is spent on overcoming the air resistance, and the included free travel of the clutch when moving by inertia does not allow to increase the speed and twist the cranks (pedals).
On the NewFixedGear transmission, it is always possible to twist the cranks (pedals) and on the descent it is not so difficult, because the work of the potential energy of the descent is included in the work of the entire rider-bike system.
Oops!

carbonazza

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2021, 03:11:29 AM »
Hills and air is what makes cycling harder.
Joules to overcome them will come from your courageous legs only.
Try a long climb and let us know  ???

myxo

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2021, 04:00:17 AM »
Ascent is the accumulation of potential energy.
To alleviate the fixed gear position when riding upward, a perpendicular seat tube position has been invented.
International UCI rules prohibit changing the inclination of this tube (not less than 5mm of the tip of the saddle to the carriage axis) and lighten the inclination only for spur disciplines such as keirin, git and track (the tip of the saddle coincides with the axis of the carriage).
And this slope is directly related to power pedaling.
And it works on the rise. On ordinary fixes, I overcame steep climbs only while standing, and on the new drive with a new location of the pipe on the same slides, I did not get up from the saddle.
I am an avid fixer, and I know how to climb.
Both gentle and steep.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2021, 04:02:31 AM by myxo »
Oops!

QuentinLL

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2021, 05:42:53 AM »
I love that bike, pure craziness. Do you have a picture ridden ?
The position seems... interesting

myxo

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2021, 03:24:43 AM »
I love that bike, pure craziness. Do you have a picture ridden ?
The position seems... interesting
Photos were given above, there is also fresh:

Last Saturday I improved the result a little more, accelerated my bike to 55 km / h.
Since this is a pilot model (mock-up), it is being tested, adjusted and refined. Weight is too big 17.5 kg, you need to work on reducing.
Oops!

QuentinLL

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2021, 03:47:06 AM »
A photo ridden = i mean with the pilot seated on it. To see both pedal positions. Or video while riding ?
It seems to be a pretty un-rideable bike on the pics  ;D

myxo

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2021, 04:13:07 AM »
A photo ridden = i mean with the pilot seated on it. To see both pedal positions. Or video while riding ?
It seems to be a pretty un-rideable bike on the pics  ;D
What exactly is the unsuitability of driving?
Oops!

QuentinLL

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2021, 07:56:40 AM »
Vertical STA, ultra slack HTA, low saddle, second crankset very high, second crankset that seems near to knees while pedaling on lower crankset...
I would be curious to see a video of that bike ridden in each position.