Author Topic: New frame: Longteng RD301-D  (Read 3413 times)

Ahodesu05

Re: New frame: Longteng RD301-D
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2024, 03:18:34 AM »
Here is a bike geometry question that I hope someone could help me with.  I'm trying to figure out the stem length of the integrated handlebar that I'm going to order from Aliexpress.  Since it's a one piece and I'll be doing all internal cabling, I need to try to get it right without going through the pain of redoing half the build!

My current bike is an older Scott CR1 with a 100mm stem.  Comparing it to the 301:

- Both have similar reach
- Both have set back seat post
- The 301 has a shorter effective top tube by 110mm but also lower stack by 150mm

If I use a 100mm integrated handlebar on the new 301 build, will that get me to roughly the similar place as my current bike position (assuming that 301's shorter effective top tube will compensate for its lower stack)?

Thx in advance.

Serge_K

Re: New frame: Longteng RD301-D
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2024, 05:39:11 AM »
Well logically, assuming the 100mm measurement is consistent (there's the question of whether 100mm in cockpit stem length is the same as 100mm in standalone stem length), assuming the stem angle is consistent (not all cockpits have the same stem angle, and your Scott stem has a stem angle), assuming both bars are about the same geometry (not all bars / cockpits have the same reach, drops...), then if you pick a 100mm cockpit, your position should mirror the new frame (stack & reach) geometry, so you should be lower (15mm) and closer (11mm) - btw 110mm is 11cm, i assume you mean 11 & 15, not 110 & 150. The stack is easy to adjust with spacers. The top tube of the 301 being shorter, in principle, you should get a 110mm cockpit.