Chinese Carbon E-Bikes > E-Bike Frames & Builds

Light Carbon LCES004 E Bike Build

<< < (6/9) > >>

Sitar_Ned:
Thanks for the update and pics, Snack! Appreciate you sharing.

To me, the price of $3309.21 is a damn good deal and just about the max I'd ever want to pay for a bike ($3500 maybe $4k) so that's great... puts a custom carbon EBike in reach for me.

So the LTWOO drivetrain and Meroca brakes are really that good huh? I haven't yet purchased anything other than chiner carbon bits but I think if I do build up an EBike I'll likely follow a blueprint very similar to yours and try out some of these other components.

Snacks:
well i dont have much to compare the meroca against , just the shimano deorre and 105 brakes on my current mtb and road bike but they held up well coming to a stop downhill from 30mph and on a few trails i test road the bike on. i think they'll also feel a bit better with time as the pads bed in.  regardless, they get the job done and my dad doesnt ride as fast or hard as i do , so should be perfect for him.

the shifting of the LTWOO drivetrain really did surprise me. still cant get over how smooth it shifts. ive put way more time indexing the gears on my road bike and its still not as smooth. the only downside is that it has no clutch. works out fine for the style of riding my dad will be doing. we got a cover for the chainstay to be safe but still the chain slapped it a bit too much when i was out test riding the bike.

carbonazza:
Thank you for all the detailed build information !
What chain model did you choose ?

Snacks:

--- Quote from: carbonazza on August 02, 2021, 04:33:08 AM ---Thank you for all the detailed build information !
What chain model did you choose ?

--- End quote ---

just using the ZRACE chain , cassette and 34T chainring that came with the LTWOO drivetrain. i do have a specific shimano ebike chain but havent used it yet. i figured if it were to show signs of stretching or any kind of wear sooner than a regular chain id replace it but its be great so far.

mesosbrodleto:

--- Quote from: Snacks on July 30, 2021, 05:39:59 PM ---well i dont have much to compare the meroca against , just the shimano deorre and 105 brakes on my current mtb and road bike but they held up well coming to a stop downhill from 30mph and on a few trails i test road the bike on. i think they'll also feel a bit better with time as the pads bed in.  regardless, they get the job done and my dad doesnt ride as fast or hard as i do , so should be perfect for him.

--- End quote ---

I'm building the same frame, and I'm actually choosing wheels and fork. Did you need an adapter for 180mm rotors? I see that most of mtb fors seems to be compatbile only with 160mm rotors. (I am a bit new to mtb and e-mtb buildings, I usually build road bikes)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version