Chinese Carbon E-Bikes > E-Bike Frames & Builds

Light Carbon LCES004 E Bike Build

<< < (7/9) > >>

Snacks:

--- Quote from: mesosbrodleto on September 01, 2021, 12:56:08 PM ---I'm building the same frame, and I'm actually choosing wheels and fork. Did you need an adapter for 180mm rotors? I see that most of mtb fors seems to be compatbile only with 160mm rotors. (I am a bit new to mtb and e-mtb buildings, I usually build road bikes)

--- End quote ---

I did not need adapters for 180mm rotors with the rockshox gold 35 fork.

mesosbrodleto:

--- Quote from: Snacks on September 01, 2021, 02:09:38 PM ---I did not need adapters for 180mm rotors with the rockshox gold 35 fork.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the update. John from lightcarbon advised me to buy a BFT03 battery, since it is a better fit with the frame. He said that bft04 fits but not perfectly.

Snacks:

--- Quote from: mesosbrodleto on September 02, 2021, 05:32:43 AM ---Thanks for the update. John from lightcarbon advised me to buy a BFT03 battery, since it is a better fit with the frame. He said that bft04 fits but not perfectly.

--- End quote ---
Did he send you these pics to see the difference? I'm not sure what he's referring to. The fact that the BTF04 sticks out a bit or that you have to trim the cover to sit flush against the frame. The bigger battery was definitely worth it for us for the extra range. We actually ordered a second battery for even more range.

mesosbrodleto:

--- Quote from: Snacks on September 02, 2021, 06:49:21 AM ---Did he send you these pics to see the difference? I'm not sure what he's referring to. The fact that the BTF04 sticks out a bit or that you have to trim the cover to sit flush against the frame. The bigger battery was definitely worth it for us for the extra range. We actually ordered a second battery for even more range.

--- End quote ---

He said: "The motor you can use the Bafang M600 and battery can use the BTF03(perfect match), if you need large volume battery, also can install BTF04, but the battery will not perfect match."

If battery still fits without problems or hacks to be made on the frame, I would go for BTF04.  I am looking for M600 motor, but it is not easy to find. I am contacting suppliers through Alibaba. Aliexpress has no seller with M600 motor available.

Snacks:

--- Quote from: mesosbrodleto on September 02, 2021, 11:23:22 AM ---He said: "The motor you can use the Bafang M600 and battery can use the BTF03(perfect match), if you need large volume battery, also can install BTF04, but the battery will not perfect match."

If battery still fits without problems or hacks to be made on the frame, I would go for BTF04.  I am looking for M600 motor, but it is not easy to find. I am contacting suppliers through Alibaba. Aliexpress has no seller with M600 motor available.

--- End quote ---

Yea the BTF04 fits without modification of the frame. The batteries have a plastic cover that are supposed to sit flush with the cutout in the frame . I'm not sure what the cover for the BTF03 is like but you will have to trim the cover on the BTF04 with a sharp knife to have it sit perfectly flush. I would assume you're going g to have to do this for thr cover on either battery though

Try cne bikes and green pedal .links should be in this thread

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version