Author Topic: Hongfu FM-088 disc  (Read 7382 times)

masaudie

Hongfu FM-088 disc
« on: May 30, 2018, 11:07:40 PM »
Hi All,

After planning and parts collecting for around 6 months, finally its finished! This is going to be my first ever road bike (coming from fixed gear and singlespeed), and budget was also quite limited (under 2000 USD), so it will reflect to the parts selection.

Why disc you ask? Well, I just like the look of disc road bike. It looks futuristic. That's it. Yep its shallow & superficial. Probably I will like the "better modulation, all weather consistency" of the disc system, but for now I'm happy with the look. Oh and also bigger tire clearance means I can have extra comfort on longer rides. Not planning on racing anyway. Also, it seems disc going to be big in the coming year, so disc wheelset price will go down.

Part list (going to put store link if possible as well)
Hongfu FM-088, size 52, BSA bottom bracket, 12x100mm front and 12x142mm rear axle. Carbon seatpost is from Hongfu as well. Since my size was sold out, they had to make it which took 2 weeks (they estimated 4 weeks). Communicating with its sales rep was good, delivery to Indonesia took 5 days. I don't want the hassle to look for other frame related parts, so I asked for the headset, thru axle, extra derailleur hanger to be included. Thru axles... yes, the sizing standard is confusing. I was looking around online and offline for 2 weeks before finally surrendering and just order from them for the correct size.

Shimano 105 hydraulic disc groupset.
Parts bought separately: RS505 hydraulic shifter and caliper from eBay, crankset, chain & RD from local online store, the rest from Aliexpress.

Carbon handlebar, 42 mm wide
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Carbon-Bike-Handlebar-Road-Handlebars-ERGOSUM-Cycling-Road-Bike-Handlebar-Bent-Bar-Drop-Handlebar-400-420/32809975197.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.31492e0eQK7CQ9

Carbon stem, 100mm length, 17 degrees bend
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Newest-Road-bike-UD-matt-full-carbon-fibre-road-bicycle-stems-6-angle-17angle-31-8/32799071190.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.31492e0eQK7CQ9

Syncros Alloy Wheelset
Bought used from a guy whose upgraded his Scott Solace. Probably the heaviest parts of the bike (more than 3 kgs!). The rims are AlexRims ATD 550, hubs are Formula disc hubs, Shimano centerlock IceTech rotors, & tires are Schwalbe Durano 28c.

Selle Italia Flite
My trusty ol' saddle.

Time ATAC Pedals
My trusty ol' pedals.

After assembling, I weighed it and it reads 9.1 kg. I'm not surprised since the wheelset is heavy as hell. But since I'm not planning to build weight weenie bike, just having this bike completed makes me super happy! Haven't got time to ride it, going to update it when I got to ride it this Friday. And some proper photos as well.

mhrzip

Re: Hongfu FM-088 disc
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2018, 02:36:37 PM »
Nice bike! Do you have more pics?

Nathapong

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2018, 10:42:55 PM »
I also like to find the information.

Gowes

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2021, 02:54:25 PM »
Guys, is fm088 we get from hongfu is the same frame as we get from tantan ir velobike?