Author Topic: Through Axle recommendations - ZTTO or Wiggles BrandX  (Read 909 times)

gravity

Through Axle recommendations - ZTTO or Wiggles BrandX
« on: June 25, 2021, 09:48:02 AM »
I'm looking for 12x100mm and 12x142mm thru axle. ZTTO is the cheapest and easily available via Aliexpress. However Wiggle's BrandX also has a very similar but product and cost almost twice the price of ZTTOs.

Does anyone have ZTTOs thru axle to comment on? Or should i just spend on BrandX and call it a day?

Thanks!

cst_jpr

Re: Through Axle recommendations - ZTTO or Wiggles BrandX
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2021, 06:40:02 PM »
The ZTTO is $11 (from official store) and brandx is $15. Brandx looks very slightly nicer as it has a washer feature on the hex end.

Just make sure you get the right length and thread pitch.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000480873081.html

hazzer19

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2021, 11:45:43 AM »
Looking to save some weight via thru axels and wondering if anyone can recommend any light weight / durable options?

I just saw some carbon TA's on Aliexpress that looked interesting but there was a number of bad reviews saying they broke.

gravity

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2021, 01:16:08 AM »
So i bought thru axle from ZTTO. Tips on on this TA (also most of the TAs) is to make sure you slot the allen key fully on the axle before putting any effort to tighten or loosen. The surface of the allen slot on the TA is quite soft aluminium eventho its a 7075 aluminium.

gravity

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2021, 03:32:18 AM »
Weight for reference