Chinese Carbon MTB > 29er

IP-036 29er Full Suspension Chiner Vs Other FS Bikes

<< < (3/3)

Chinertown Idiot:
Hey thanks man.. This was a damn good write up.. very helpful and informative.

Imo, the only thing that may could be considered a weak point on the chiner's are the pivot locations. That said.. I haven't actually seen any up close so that is an absolute 100% assumption. From what I've read, at the very least, the chiner's pivots need some greasing and/or some other type of maintenance before it's first ride. Not a deal killer at all.. but if there bearings are of actual lower quality that would cause me to take pause. Are there any up close shots of the 036 disassembled completely that you know if?

Carbon_Dude:
I wouldn't say that either one of the above pivot designs are better than the other, they may even be very close to the same.  Just because one end is mounted differently, doesn't mean the suspension performance would change very much.  However, also look at the pivot near the rear axle, on the Scott, the pivot is above the rear axle, on the Specialized it is below and slightly ahead of the rear axle.  This may make a bigger difference in how the suspension moves.

As for the IP-036, yes just grease the pivots prior to assembly, some people have replaced the bearings, they are not expensive, less than $40 for the set, still not enough for me to spend an additional $1,000 to $2,000 for a Scott or Specialized frame.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version