Other Resources > Component Deals & Selection

Juin Tech GT-F brake calipers (dual piston)

(1/15) > >>

1Sigma:
The thing I love about binge shipping on AliX is that feeling of Christmas every day as packages show up at the door.

These are the flat mount dual piston, cable-actuated hydraulic calipers from Juin Tech.
As far as I know, these are rebranded and sold as Yokozuna Ultimas (Ultimo?) as well.

Comes with two sets of what appears to be organic brake pads. 
Not strictly a Chiner part, as they are not from Mainland China. 

332 for both calipers, pads, and hardware.  Maybe a bit less, as the cardboard spacers were still in the calipers. 
Cost: about $222USD.

OlieSimpson:
Hey 1Sigma,

Do you have a ride report on these? I'm debating between these and Juin Tech F1 brakes for a VB-R-168 I'm waiting on so you input would be appreciated  :)

1Sigma:

--- Quote from: OlieSimpson on August 10, 2021, 09:19:57 AM ---Hey 1Sigma,

Do you have a ride report on these? I'm debating between these and Juin Tech F1 brakes for a VB-R-168 I'm waiting on so you input would be appreciated  :)

--- End quote ---

Hi Olie,
The frame arrives tomorrow, so hopefully a report soon.
Would try them on my current bike, but it's rim brake.

FlaMtnBkr:
Seems a little on the high side for cable actuated hydraulic brakes? Maybe they have gotten a lot better but I had a set years ago that left me disappointed.

Especially considering I just got a full set of Deore M6120 4 piston brakes for $220.

Not trying to talk down on these, but point out a well proven alternative...

1Sigma:

--- Quote from: FlaMtnBkr on August 19, 2021, 01:13:02 PM ---Seems a little on the high side for cable actuated hydraulic brakes? Maybe they have gotten a lot better but I had a set years ago that left me disappointed.

Especially considering I just got a full set of Deore M6120 4 piston brakes for $220.

Not trying to talk down on these, but point out a well proven alternative...

--- End quote ---

Yea, I hear ya
I think the difference is, for us roadies, we need to consider the cost of getting replacing shifters as well when we go full hydraulic.  Whereas shifters are a separate piece of gear from brakes in an MTB setup

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version