Author Topic: Elite Wheels ENT vs Elite Wheels SLT vs Velobuild VB-RC  (Read 9077 times)

zaphodbeeblebrox

Re: Elite Wheels ENT vs Elite Wheels SLT vs Velobuild VB-RC
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2021, 02:52:07 PM »
Also in Ontario haha, I went with the VB-RC-50-25mm with novatec 791/792 hubs since I also ordered a VB-099. Ordered Aug 17, wheels shipped Aug 24, and I picked them Sept 1. Crazy fast shipping compared to my past experiences. They look great so far, no blemishes. Only potential problem I see is the included 'tubeless tape' strip thing is not very confidence inspiring. Especially once I put some valves in. I'm probably just going to cut it off and replace with some actual tubeless tape instead of wasting time trying it.

failstone

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2021, 05:07:53 PM »
Also in Ontario haha, I went with the VB-RC-50-25mm with novatec 791/792 hubs since I also ordered a VB-099. Ordered Aug 17, wheels shipped Aug 24, and I picked them Sept 1. Crazy fast shipping compared to my past experiences. They look great so far, no blemishes. Only potential problem I see is the included 'tubeless tape' strip thing is not very confidence inspiring. Especially once I put some valves in. I'm probably just going to cut it off and replace with some actual tubeless tape instead of wasting time trying it.

Look great! Ottawa or just a hitchhikers galaxy fan?

failstone

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2021, 07:33:53 AM »
The shipping for these wheels is crazy slow. I ordered them with everything else, but the wheels are the only thing I haven't received yet.

Still showing as dispatched to airline.

GilardiRT

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2021, 07:40:32 AM »
The shipping for these wheels is crazy slow. I ordered them with everything else, but the wheels are the only thing I haven't received yet.

Still showing as dispatched to airline.
Mine should took off couple of days ago, but the flight has been delayed

curvenut

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2021, 10:21:22 PM »
If I had a frame to put them on, I’d tell you.  Lol

I can tell you the RD13 model  is a 36T ratchet design, lighter than the DT Swiss 350, slightly heavier than the 240. 

Since it is ratchet, they do not hide the fact that they are noisy.
They also have hubs 6 pawls and ceramic bearings.

The ENT uses their default RD07 hub which is also 6 pawls. This is the one on Trace’s bike before he was gifted the newer farspeed wheels

Hoi Digma,

Does your Elite wheel come with the thru axle ot you have to buy ithem ?

Tanks

failstone

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2021, 07:57:22 PM »
Hoi Digma,

Does your Elite wheel come with the thru axle ot you have to buy ithem ?

Tanks

No they don’t come with a thru axle. Should get that with your frame.