Author Topic: Monsuta x Snacks AM831 build  (Read 14447 times)

emu26

Re: Monsuta x Snacks AM831 build
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2021, 03:40:12 PM »
Durolux is $750USD less 10%
Auron35, which also goes to 160mm, is $680USD less 10%

Not sure of postage charges for you guys though, I'm in Australia.

zorinena

« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2021, 10:14:42 PM »
Thanks folks..
I actually was looking at Durolux, but that is Out of stock till August 2022. Let me look at the Auron35.. seems to be a decent one..
I will try and call them tomorrow to check if Durolux is coming back in stock sooner..

Snacks

« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2021, 10:53:13 AM »
Update-
Bike has been put aside and is not ridden anymore since the rear flexes so much it's still rubbing the frame. I've been talking to Eddy about this and he said unfortunately shorter bolts did not fix the problem for them. They have fixed the mould for the rear triangle  but was told on Nov 7 that those new triangles won't be available for another month. Even then I'm not sure if we will be getting them to fix the issue or if it's something they will make us buy. I'm really hoping it's not the latter

So anyone wanting to purchase this frame should probably wait until.they produce and send out the frame with the new rear triangle
« Last Edit: November 20, 2021, 10:54:47 AM by Snacks »

Snacks

« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2022, 01:00:16 PM »
Got a fox factory 36 with the grip2 damper for Christmas but it kinda seems like a waste to put it on this frame. I also noticed with a +3mm crown race the fox 36 still hits the downtube when the durolux didn't.

Although it's pretty hard not to play with a new toy ;D so I'll probably throw it on , put some frame protection over the rub area and try to ride it again on a more mild trail later today

zorinena

« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2022, 07:17:36 PM »
Does anyone know what is the thread size on the rear bottom bolt of the triangle.. When I unscrewed and tried rescrewing it back, it is getting stuck..
I igured out it is a m12, but not sure if it is 1.75 / 1.5 or 1.25.. trying to use a thread tap to see if I can get the screw back on..

Snacks

« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2022, 09:15:38 AM »
Does anyone know what is the thread size on the rear bottom bolt of the triangle.. When I unscrewed and tried rescrewing it back, it is getting stuck..
I igured out it is a m12, but not sure if it is 1.75 / 1.5 or 1.25.. trying to use a thread tap to see if I can get the screw back on..

Not off the top of my head. I’d have to remove the bolt and measure it. Since you already have it out just measure it. There a quite a few YouTube videos that will show you how

colboy

« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2022, 12:54:21 AM »
what size are your rear tires? how's the clearance? looking into building 27.5 as well instead of the 29er

Snacks

« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2022, 09:13:21 AM »
what size are your rear tires? how's the clearance? looking into building 27.5 as well instead of the 29er

Both front and rear are 2.5” and there’s plenty of clearance

promoto

« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2022, 03:59:33 AM »
Got a fox factory 36 with the grip2 damper for Christmas but it kinda seems like a waste to put it on this frame. I also noticed with a +3mm crown race the fox 36 still hits the downtube when the durolux didn't.

Although it's pretty hard not to play with a new toy ;D so I'll probably throw it on , put some frame protection over the rub area and try to ride it again on a more mild trail later today

I had the same with my Fox 36 . ive got the 10mm reverse spacer and I still had to file down the compression knob

emu26

« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2022, 04:42:03 AM »

Did you ever ride it with the 36 on it?  I'm curious to hear your comparison between the Durolux and the 36 when tested on the same bike and same trails.

Snacks

« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2022, 06:31:59 PM »
Did you ever ride it with the 36 on it?  I'm curious to hear your comparison between the Durolux and the 36 when tested on the same bike and same trails.

Unfortunately I can’t ride the bike to test the difference. The rear triangle rubs the frame and it’s already gone through the paint. They won’t warranty the frame , actually they refuse any help. So I’m waiting on the new bolts to hopefully fix this rub so I can ride it again. Im afraid if I keep riding the frame it’s going to go through carbon and I’ll be completely out of a bike.

emu26

« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2022, 12:58:25 AM »
Unfortunately I can’t ride the bike to test the difference. The rear triangle rubs the frame and it’s already gone through the paint. They won’t warranty the frame , actually they refuse any help. So I’m waiting on the new bolts to hopefully fix this rub so I can ride it again. Im afraid if I keep riding the frame it’s going to go through carbon and I’ll be completely out of a bike.

Sorry Snacks, I had forgotten you were having this much trouble with it. Thanks for the reply though.

slo

« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2022, 11:07:02 AM »

Sorry that Haideli and Eddy are taking that route. I haven’t ridden my bike either because there is excessive movement and clicking noise of the bearing moving around. When I reported this to Eddy all he did was offer to sell me a rear triangle, without addressing the defect. I am waiting to try the bolts JJJ has designed before I ride also.

emu26

« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2022, 06:45:06 PM »
Sorry that Haideli and Eddy are taking that route. I haven’t ridden my bike either because there is excessive movement and clicking noise of the bearing moving around. When I reported this to Eddy all he did was offer to sell me a rear triangle, without addressing the defect. I am waiting to try the bolts JJJ has designed before I ride also.

Eddie actively invited people to contact him about issues in the Group Buy C thread. You could try him there and see if starts to ignore you there as well.

slo

« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2022, 10:44:03 AM »
I just sent him another email and will reply in the other thread as well.