Other Resources > Component Deals & Selection

DT 240EXP hub clones Goldix, Venfort

<< < (30/31) > >>

TidyDinosaur:

--- Quote from: Linsook on May 15, 2024, 09:27:16 AM ---Purchased the ZTTO DR190 54t ratchet hubs.  The spoke holes are double drilled shaped like a key hole.  Anyone know the purpose of that?  ZTTO says it's for better durability but I'm scratching my chin.

--- End quote ---
It's for flat spokes like the sapim cx ray

Linsook:

--- Quote from: TidyDinosaur on May 15, 2024, 09:49:21 AM ---It's for flat spokes like the sapim cx ray

--- End quote ---

Ahh ok that makes sense...

maui400:
Hi guys,
I have the Goldix EXP 240 MTB hubs (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003014289678.html) for 4 months now. I rode the in the bike park in heavy rain. Even after doing some pressure cleaning - No problems. While maintaining all other parts I also checked the inside of my rear hub. As mentioned all looked pretty decent. The last days I rode my bike again. Uphill, no big deal. But just at the end of the trail the moving ratchet must have gotten stuck somehow. My first pedal stroke at the bottom of the trail went into the void. Also the hub went dead silent when coasting. No engagement at all. Not even slipping/skipping teeth.
The issue seemed to have been fixed easily by removing and reattaching the freehub body. The sound was slightly different though. Back home I took the hub apart, cleaned everything thoroughly  and used only a very thin coating of grease plus a few drops of Fox 20WT Gold. The sound was became super loud but crisp after reassembly.
Today I went for a test spin. Uphill again no problem, even with some hard cranking. Happily I went into some fairly rocky, but fast trail. Again just before the end at full speed my bike suddenly became dead quite. I directly knew that the freehub ratchets got disengaged again. No pedaling possible. Again I just pulled the cassette , including the freehub body off the rear hub and reattached it. The ratchets had contact again.

This is so weird. I think the moving part of the ratchet is being pushed into a jammed position being unable to return. My guess is that either the moving ratchet part is being held back by sticky grease (unlikely) and the spring is too weak to push it loose. Or the "rail teeth" of the moving part get locket up with the rails of the freehub body. Also strange because I cleaned everything and regreased all with 20WT Gold in the first place. And the parts also don't seem to look worn.

Did anyone experience some similar issue or has an idea how to fix that?

jannmayer:

--- Quote from: maui400 on June 10, 2024, 02:35:31 PM ---Did anyone experience some similar issue or has an idea how to fix that?

--- End quote ---

I've put about 1000 miles on mine so far without any problems. I wonder if replacing the spring would help? It seems odd that it would start to stick with no visible damage.

TidyDinosaur:
Or maybe you could try to stretch the spring a little, so it will put more force on the assembly

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version