Other Resources > Component Deals & Selection

DT 240EXP hub clones Goldix, Venfort

<< < (10/34) > >>

d3xophen:
I have many experiences with Chinese ratchet hubs. Their built-in bearings are bad. Some are bad at first before use. Some became bad after using 2-3 months (600-900 km) and need to replace. I think their bearings are not water-resistant.
So, my suggestions are
- put lubricants before start using.
- and if it goes bad after using it for a while, replace it with a good-quality one. (Though you replaced new bearing, it still cheaper)
for 60t clone ratchet, I have no issue with so far.

MovinMamba:
So anyone got any updates or experiences with Gold Dix road hubs? I'm thinking of trying to lace my own wheel for the first time and wondering if this is a good place to start.

TidyDinosaur:
I can recommend the Novatec hubs. About the same price as Goldix.

wwnero:

--- Quote from: TidyDinosaur on November 22, 2022, 04:25:16 AM ---I can recommend the Novatec hubs. About the same price as Goldix.

--- End quote ---

Which novatec hubs do you recommend? The 411/412 that I see for a lot of builds or something else? Also how much are you paying for the hub set?

I’m thinking I may just “splurge” and get a set of dt 350 straight pull. Seems like they can be found around $250CAD (180usd) and given that the goldix hubs will likely need bearing replacement in a short while there probably wouldn’t be too much savings.

TidyDinosaur:
I have the 411/412 and the 791/792. Generally they are not that much different. The 411/412 are straightpull and lighter but the general build is about the same... I mostly buy on ali when there are sales but they are now about 95€ and 125€.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version