Other Resources > Component Deals & Selection

DT 240EXP hub clones Goldix, Venfort

<< < (11/34) > >>

Vipassana:
I'm 2 for 3 on Novatec 792 driver failure.  The internal ratchet/toothed ring in the hub shattered on 2 of the 3 wheelsets I built with them.  Bother were replaced with DT350 hubs without issue.  I will say they were 2014 vintage 792s so maybe the design has improved since then.

kbike:
I have the 771-772 hubs. Novatec is mix and match with a lot of their models.  the qr, thru axles, hg/xd(r) hubs swap the same for 772, 792, and 412 for the hubs. The front 771 and 792 aren't the same. I haven't messed with my 411/412 enough to know what's all swap-able.

old little guide I found
http://www.nguide.eu/faq/evolution-d771sb-and-xd611sb

jannmayer:
I finally built up my wheels with the Goldix 240 hubs. I wasn't able to mount the brake rotor on the front wheel though. The Centerlock ring appeared to bottom out before the reaching the rotor. I never felt it engage the notches on the rotor and I could wiggle the rotor a bit. I tried a new Tektro rotor and the old Shimano rotor I had been using on my old wheelset and both had the same result. (On my old wheelset, with Shimano hubs, the notches engage shortly after the Centerlock ring becomes too tight to turn by hand.)

Anyone else run into an issue like this? Is this a defective hub, or are there workarounds?

carbonazza:

--- Quote from: jannmayer on January 06, 2023, 08:43:00 AM ---I finally built up my wheels with the Goldix 240 hubs. I wasn't able to mount the brake rotor on the front wheel though. The Centerlock ring appeared to bottom out before the reaching the rotor. I never felt it engage the notches on the rotor and I could wiggle the rotor a bit. I tried a new Tektro rotor and the old Shimano rotor I had been using on my old wheelset and both had the same result. (On my old wheelset, with Shimano hubs, the notches engage shortly after the Centerlock ring becomes too tight to turn by hand.)

Anyone else run into an issue like this? Is this a defective hub, or are there workarounds?

--- End quote ---

A picture of the problem would help.

jannmayer:
It appears that the anodizing on the front hub was causing the issue. I tried screwing in the lock ring without the rotor and it became difficult to turn well before it was screwed in all the way. I tightened and untightened it a few times and was able to get it farther in, so I think it just needed to clear the threads. I was able to tighten the rotor down, but I'll put a paint witness mark so I can see if it works loose.

No issues with the rear hub.

Now I just need to wait for the longer valve stems. I'm very eager to test out my first wheels and see how much of difference they make!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version