Other Resources > Component Deals & Selection

DT 240EXP hub clones Goldix, Venfort

<< < (12/34) > >>

Patch64:
Hello, do you know if it does exist in 32 holes?
Thanks

SlouchinPhysics:

--- Quote from: jannmayer on January 08, 2023, 01:20:51 PM ---It appears that the anodizing on the front hub was causing the issue. I tried screwing in the lock ring without the rotor and it became difficult to turn well before it was screwed in all the way. I tightened and untightened it a few times and was able to get it farther in, so I think it just needed to clear the threads. I was able to tighten the rotor down, but I'll put a paint witness mark so I can see if it works loose.

No issues with the rear hub.

Now I just need to wait for the longer valve stems. I'm very eager to test out my first wheels and see how much of difference they make!

--- End quote ---

I had the same problem! Luckily I was building my wheels at the college bike shop and the grizzled tech there just got me a longer wrench and encouraged me to go for it. With a little more leverage I was able to fully tighten my front brake. Overall, the hubs looks good. I'll post after I put some miles on them.

jannmayer:
I have about 20 miles on the wheelset I built up with Goldix 240 hubs and elite rims. No issues with the hubs, and the wheels seem to be holding up pretty well so far. This was my first wheel build, so I'm taking it fairly easy on them for a bit.

I am enjoying the 920 g weight saving over my old rims though!

Sebastian:

--- Quote from: Vipassana on December 31, 2022, 03:14:31 PM ---I'm 2 for 3 on Novatec 792 driver failure.  The internal ratchet/toothed ring in the hub shattered on 2 of the 3 wheelsets I built with them.  Bother were replaced with DT350 hubs without issue.  I will say they were 2014 vintage 792s so maybe the design has improved since then.

--- End quote ---

I built two wheelsets with 791/792 Novatecs. Bought them on Ali during the last two years. Both have been bulletproof so far. I like that they are easily convertible. One of the wheelsets has been used with thru axle and now it’s in a frame with QR dropouts. The other wheelset has been used with Shimano freehub. Then with Sram XDR and now with a Campagnolo N3W freehub and an Ekar groupset. This flexibility is a huge plus with Novatec hubs IMO. I have however had freehub bearings fail prematurely particularly on Novatec freehub bodies.

capttowers:
I built up a 29er wheelset with the Venfort ratchet hubs. After replacing the original 60t ratchet (it failed) the wheels have been really good. Here is a video about my initial experience.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version