Other Resources > After The Ride

Designing a Head Badge

(1/3) > >>

325racer:
I'm in the process of designing a custom headbadge for my IP-057.  With the custom paint, it has affectionatly become named Woodie.

Here's the bike.

I was thinking about about something similar to below.  Probably not exactly because I don't want the Heart shaped leaves.

Sitar_Ned:
Very cool, 325racer! Love the level of customization on your bike, and the badge will just make it all that much cooler.

Personally, I really like the design above. Nothing wrong with the heart shaped leaves, imo - in fact, I'm even so sure those are heart shaped? I think they're just awkward shaped leaves. Maybe I'm wrong tho. Either way, I like it.

You planning on using the place that was linked somewhere around here fairly recently? I'm interested in how the creative process works when ordering a badge from them.

blueducati:
Awesome project! I like the hearts on the tree too. Kinda reminds me of something you'd see on Game of Thrones. I'm looking forward to seeing how you do this. What material is the badge? How do you get the radius to match up with your head tube so it fits nicely? And do you just epoxy it on?

Sitar_Ned:
^^ Good questions. Interested in the same.

325racer:
Working on a design, which is tough cause Im not an artist.   As far as how it will be made, Ill most likely be using the place I posted in the other Head Badge thread.   Its actually made of stearling silver.  How they will match the radius, Im not sure yet, need to contact the artist on that.  As we know this is not a straight curve, but a compound, concave curve, so will have to figure that out.

This Sheild was just something I found on the web, so it will probably be customized, possibly with the addition on wings on the side.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version