Author Topic: Chinese frame inside the bars / stem/ headset shifting?  (Read 753 times)

Edny

Chinese frame inside the bars / stem/ headset shifting?
« on: November 08, 2021, 08:12:49 PM »
How is mechanical Shimano shifting with the full internal routing of cables through bar/stem/headset of the popular Chinese carbon gravel frames.  Are there extra kinks that result in poor shifting, or is it only the headache of routing that is of any concern?

Txapa80

Re: Chinese frame inside the bars / stem/ headset shifting?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2021, 08:07:01 AM »
I'm not using a shimano groupset I'm trying to install a sensah srx groupset that my girlfriend was using in her old bike but I'm struggling to route the cables through the stem-frame hole without kink them.
I was recommended to use jagwire compression less outer cables but they are really stiff and when I clamped the stem to the steerer they kinked. So far I trimmed a fair bit of the top spacer of steerer and it improved a lot but unfortunately the outer cables are already kinked.
On the other hand I had a set of cheap Clarks outer cables and they look quite more flexible, this weekend I will try to swap the outer cables for the more flexibles and see how they work.
I attached some pictures as how the cables were routed after the first time I trimmed the steerer spacer and some pictures of how it is now after I removed more material.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2021, 08:10:12 AM by Txapa80 »