Chinese Carbon Road Bikes > Cyclocross Frames, Wheels & Components

Velobuild GF-002

(1/23) > >>

Cth:
Does anybody have the Velobuild GF-002 and can comment on build quality, tire clearance, and actual frame weight?
http://www.velobuildmall.com/products/2021-velobuild-carbon-fiber-integrated-gravel-bike-frame-hidden-cables

…The same frame (open mold) is sold elsewhere as an Airwolf or Yao Flying YFR045, although different weights and tire clearances are claimed.

Interestingly, although it’s obviously a totally different frame, the geometry appears to be identical to the Carbonda CFR-696!

Cth:
Ok, as nobody seems to have this frame (or is willing to admit it ;)), I will ask a few new questions: Does anybody have any opinions about this frame or know who the actual manufacturer is? I assume Velobuild is just a distributor.
Cheers,

jannmayer:
I'd be inclined to skip the internal cable routing and go with the proven CFR696. It might be a bit more expensive, but they have a good reputation and there are lots of people who've built them.

hazzer19:
For what it's worth, I've been really happy with the second hand GF-001 frame I bought locally and built up. Been thinking of upgrading to the GF-002 as well, not out of need but out of want  ;D

Txapa80:
Hello,

I recently bought the same frame but made by Lightcarbon, not sure what is the difference in between them, but mine looks very well done,the only difference is that lightcarbon sells the bike with or without the integrated handlebar and I bought without it but with a very nice stem and spacers that hide the cables.

Unfortunately I still can't finish to build because of I'm not having too much time after my son was born, but I have to let yoy know that I'm struggling a lot with the routing of the outer cables in the area of the headset because of the small gap availale in between my stem and the spacers.

I guess the bike is designed to work with hydraulic brakes and Di2 or AXS groupsets and once I already routed all the outer cables the cables doesn't move completely free.

At the moment I removed some material of the spacers and I will give it a go as soon as I can.

If you want me to show some pictures showing wat I had to do I could attach them here but first I wanted to make sure that the mod works, otherwise I think I will have to change to a standard stem and handlebar.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version