Author Topic: Damaged product from "Have Fun everyday Store" on Aliexpress  (Read 653 times)

SVChucko

Damaged product from "Have Fun everyday Store" on Aliexpress
« on: December 02, 2021, 11:54:56 PM »
I have been ordering a variety of bike parts and tools since I placed the order for my Seraph/TanTan FM10 frame. Today, for the first time in 10 orders from AliX vendors, I got damaged goods.

I ordered a bearing press tool for the Dub/BB92 bottom bracket I will use on the FM10. "Have Fun everyday Store" had a press with drifts that had about a dozen steps each - looks like a ziggurat from the side. It looked like the most versatile cheap press I was likely to find. And the seller had the option of shipping from a US location. The store hasn't been open very long, but they had decent feedback. So I ordered it during the 11/11 sale.

The bearing press showed up on my doorstep today. When I finally had time to open it, this is what I saw.

And their promise of shipping from a US location, while technically true, happened after it had been shipped from China. The return address on the package says Jamaica, NY, but chinapost-track dot com showed it was shipped from Dongguan and landed in Los Angeles 10 days ago.

It looks like I will be able to use this press to install the BB in my frame (if the frame ever gets here!). The damage doesn't affect the 29mm step. So I suppose I got my US$33 worth. But I am not a happy camper, and I left feedback with these photos.

SVChucko

Re: Damaged product from "Have Fun everyday Store" on Aliexpress
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2021, 12:05:22 AM »
Moderator: Please move this into the Vendor category. Sorry for the goof.

emu26

Re: Damaged product from "Have Fun everyday Store" on Aliexpress
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2021, 12:59:10 PM »
I know it is frustrating and not what you should have received but that damage isn't going to stop the tool from working as intended. I would do two things, clean up any burrs so that they don't scratch the new bb and open a dispute with aliexpress asking for a partial refund for damaged goods. I would ask for 50% and see where it settles from that.