Author Topic: BXT MTB 056?  (Read 10310 times)

deucelee

Re: BXT MTB 056?
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2022, 09:27:31 PM »
I measure 9” of insertion on my medium frame.

2 solid rides and 17 miles in on it so far and I’m feeling happy with the build.

Thanks my man...yeah I'm not sure if I want to do a carbon post to keep the weight down or do a Fox transfer 125mm dropper  :-\

Flippin BXT at Aliexpress is rediculous! I ordered 1/22 and it's not expected to get to me until the end of March! ugh!

raquetj

« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2022, 06:41:28 PM »
I went with a carbon seat post, so far no need for a dropper on mine yet. Message them, I didn’t see much action on my frame until I was asking what the status was. Hopefully it gets there soon, I am happy with mine.

Thanks my man...yeah I'm not sure if I want to do a carbon post to keep the weight down or do a Fox transfer 125mm dropper  :-\

Flippin BXT at Aliexpress is rediculous! I ordered 1/22 and it's not expected to get to me until the end of March! ugh!

raquetj

« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2022, 03:00:59 PM »
My frame failed today about mile 7 in a cross country race. I heard the loud pop, nothing felt immediately wrong so I kept going and finished. During my post ride clean up I found this. It didn’t fail where I thought it was going to!

I messaged BXT on eBay where I purchased it, we shall see what comes of it!

Spoker

« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2022, 06:17:46 PM »
Darn! How heavy are you if I may ask.

raquetj

« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2022, 09:13:36 PM »
I’m 180lbs. BXT took care of it and gave me a refund via eBay. I submitted a video of the failure for their internal investigation and was impressed with their communication. Ultimately I’m in the market for a new frame now.

emu26

« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2022, 10:41:20 PM »
Did they offer you a replacement frame?

Pleased to hear they offered a refund, at least.  I had a BXT for my boy, now sold, the BXT not the boy. I was impressed with the finish and he got good use out of it without problem but I had subsequently heard that BXT has poor customer service and to avoid them. I certainly had no issues with communications with them whilst we had the frame.

raquetj

« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2022, 08:40:46 PM »
I could have gotten a replacement if I were to have paid the shipping I believe. The fit and finish of the frame seemed great. In my case I don’t think there was enough carbon on the joint between the top tube and seat tube.

Not sure I would consider a BXT in the future yet.

Did they offer you a replacement frame?

Pleased to hear they offered a refund, at least.  I had a BXT for my boy, now sold, the BXT not the boy. I was impressed with the finish and he got good use out of it without problem but I had subsequently heard that BXT has poor customer service and to avoid them. I certainly had no issues with communications with them whilst we had the frame.

Spoker

« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2022, 07:08:45 PM »
Have been riding my XL for a week. Really like it. Fits 2.6 rear.
A little worried about the feeling of suspension out back.
Unintended consequence of the design?

RDY

« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2022, 09:43:21 AM »
Not an engineer, but just from looking at it, it seems like the very slack seat tube combined with that rear triangle design is likely to transmit a lot of forces through the fractured area.

palda00

« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2022, 10:33:39 AM »
Hi Guys,
any news on this frame, I would like to get XL, but without gear I am around 110Kg. Should I be worried? :D
thank you

mike_kelly

« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2023, 09:50:45 AM »
On it's way.