Author Topic: Groupset News  (Read 48646 times)

StiffWeenies

Re: L-TWOO RX 2x12 road groupset
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2022, 12:01:48 PM »
Not the news we've all been waiting to hear but it seems like Sensah has a revised FD

The FD cage is now stiffer while the spring tension has been reduced. The new FD is 3.4g heavier and is visually identical to the old one. The brifters now also have shorter throws.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2022, 12:17:32 PM by StiffWeenies »

svanimpe

« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2022, 12:56:30 PM »
@StiffWeenies: Is there anyway to know which one we're buying when ordering a groupset from Sensah on AliExpress?

StiffWeenies

« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2022, 01:49:01 PM »
@StiffWeenies: Is there anyway to know which one we're buying when ordering a groupset from Sensah on AliExpress?

The linked video is pretty much the only piece of content I could find talking about it.

Sensah is still niche in China and everyone who wanted a groupset has bought one already, so I don't think that there will be many Chinese forum posts touching on it either. Everyone is just waiting for the hydraulic brakes like on this forum.

Either way, Sensah doesn’t really serialize product iterations the way big brands do e.g. FD-5800 v. FD-5801. The only way right now to know for sure is by contacting your seller but that's provided they know about this very recent update and aren't more interested in offloading old stock.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2022, 02:37:39 PM by StiffWeenies »

kbike

« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2022, 05:07:38 PM »
I'm glad they shortened the shifts.  Was going to use my sensah groupset on next build. May get the shifters.  It'd been nice if the shifts have a more noticeable tactile click.

The only concern I've noticed on my fd is the chrome plating.  Its worn off from shifting. Im assuming it's cheap steel with copper then chromium plating.

StiffWeenies

« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2022, 04:49:51 AM »
The first to road hydraulic braking isn’t Sensah or Wheel Top but L-TWOO!

SRAM hood shape, Campy style shifting and Shimano model name…but only compatible with RXT 2x13 derailleurs and has an unorthodox way of mounting callipers

Hopefully they'll also make 2x11 and 2x12 versions for R9/Shimano and RX compatibility

« Last Edit: January 28, 2023, 01:14:01 AM by StiffWeenies »

1Sigma

« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2022, 05:02:34 PM »
Either way, Sensah doesn’t really serialize product iterations the way big brands do e.g. FD-5800 v. FD-5801. The only way right now to know for sure is by contacting your seller but that's provided they know about this very recent update and aren't more interested in offloading old stock.

Thanks for this BTW. I was contacted by Sensah in a “long time no see” email asking me if I was interested in putting in an order.

I said I’d like to wait, as I heard that hydro and electronic groups were coming

The rep simply replied, “Oh, you are well-informed”. And that was the end of the conversation
Better than average - Extra Average

RDY

« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2022, 05:45:51 PM »
The first to road hydraulic braking isn’t Sensah or Wheel Top but L-TWOO!

SRAM hood shape, Campy style shifting and Shimano model name…but only compatible with RXT 2x13 derailleurs and has an orthodox way of mounting callipers

Hopefully they'll also make 2x11 and 2x12 versions for R9/Shimano and RX compatibility

Hoods look nice.  If they work with Shimano or Magura calipers, cool.  If not ... their own calipers look ... hmmm.

Looking forward to an electronic version which will hopefully ape their MTB in working with Shimano / SRAM / maybe Campag cassettes.

00Garza

« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2022, 10:12:01 AM »
Interesting development indeed. Not on Ali yet that I can see. Any idea on price point?

StiffWeenies

« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2022, 03:19:46 PM »
New Sensah hoods

New material and molding process that should hopefully hold up better than the old ones

Black, White, Blue, Red and Brown color options

You can tell them apart at the bottom. The new ones have a grooved pattern underneath while the old ones are smooth.

Regarding Sensah hydraulic brakes, people are now saying that they'll come in October...
« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 03:28:08 PM by StiffWeenies »

bamboo_mountain

« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2022, 08:16:15 AM »
So has anyone here bought and tested the RX 2x12 groupset? I'm tempted by the price but might go for the well known Sensah Empire.

raisinberry777

« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2022, 04:16:49 PM »
The primary issue is that the ergonomics are still pretty substandard - looking at the experience of people on YouTube you can't reach the thumb shifter from the drops (and compared to a Campag lever it's much further forward). I would wait until the new stuff rolls out and see if they bring it down for 12/11 speed mechanical as they look have copied the Campag Potenza/Centaur droopy thumb lever which is much better positioned than the current version.

StiffWeenies

« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2022, 10:39:55 AM »
Sneak peak of the Wheel Top road rim levers. They've also confirmed that road hydraulic levers are in the works.

They've come a long way from this 2015 2x9 prototype

« Last Edit: August 30, 2022, 12:35:25 PM by StiffWeenies »

RDY

« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2022, 12:39:04 PM »
Sneak peak of the Wheel Top road rim levers. They've also confirmed that road hydraulic levers are in the works.

Speaking of which, what's the verdict of the status of the WheelTop MTB derailleur / shifter being sold on AliExpress now?  Still beta test units?  Price appears to have normalized and a lot of people seem to be buying, judging by recent reviews - indicating these are production units.  Or is this one of those drip feed launches where it goes into production but is continually updated?  Western publications were quoting WheelTop reps at EuroBike as saying that it wasn't yet released ... but that may be for non-Chinese markets.

StiffWeenies

« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2022, 01:34:32 PM »
Speaking of which, what's the verdict of the status of the WheelTop MTB derailleur / shifter being sold on AliExpress now?  Still beta test units?  Price appears to have normalized and a lot of people seem to be buying, judging by recent reviews - indicating these are production units.  Or is this one of those drip feed launches where it goes into production but is continually updated?  Western publications were quoting WheelTop reps at EuroBike as saying that it wasn't yet released ... but that may be for non-Chinese markets.

Very few takers from what I can see. Priced too close to GX and groupsets still haven't shipped for the people who did order. I also can't find any real customer testimonials.

00Garza

« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2022, 10:25:09 AM »
The primary issue is that the ergonomics are still pretty substandard - looking at the experience of people on YouTube you can't reach the thumb shifter from the drops (and compared to a Campag lever it's much further forward). I would wait until the new stuff rolls out and see if they bring it down for 12/11 speed mechanical as they look have copied the Campag Potenza/Centaur droopy thumb lever which is much better positioned than the current version.

From the looks of it, you may not even be able to comfortably reach the thumb shifter from the hoods! I remember that issue from the old Sora I started on back in early 2000's.